Blackberry Bold or Nokia E series

Now im convinced to a dumbphone so which to choose? I heard blackberry have nice orgasm-pad but there is few apps for shit. On the other side Symbian has shitton of apps but no orgasm-pad. All i want for apps is listed below
>Office apps
>Some basic and funny games when i need to take a shit
>An RSS reader
>Note taking
>Basic Email client
>A decent videoplayer

Attached: 7CD1FFBD-79E5-4B60-AF95-9E18A937E1C1.jpg (800x600, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kaiostech.com/meet-the-devices-that-are-powered-by-kaios/
kyoex.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Op here also an SSH client would be amazing

i too was looking to fall for the dumbphone meme and KaiOS checked all the boxes for my needs... unfortunately most of the phones are only available in Asia

kaiostech.com/meet-the-devices-that-are-powered-by-kaios/

I heard Kaios is still an unstable absolure mess, lags like hell etc. I was about to buy 8110 but all the owners says its unusable and have serious stability problems so i decided to stick with old models

dump from interest

>I want a dumbphone but I need muh apps.
Go be a retarded consumer somewhere else.

omg die already you old tech fags

What the fuck? Just go use landline if you dont need apps for phone

Go where you belong. I dont think i need to say its name since you already know where you are belong

Just use a smartphone you boomer

I addict to my smartphone, thats why i want to downgrade

wow learn to control your addiction?

Nokia E52, best phone I ever had.

You first, app cuck

It's my daily driver, don't be jelly

Attached: phonephag.png (2246x1080, 2.81M)

First of all, if you're going to go dumbphone, neither of those are it. Both of the phones you listed are very much smartphones. In fact, they were THE smartphones once upon a time. If what you're really after is the physical keyboard, go with a BlackBerry Key2. You get the BlackBerry Bold 9900 keyboard, but on a device running Android. Root it, strip out gapps shit, install FOSS apps for everything and you're basically keeping the smartphone functionality, but with the privacy concerns that would still be present on a dumbphone, and you're getting a physical keyboard too.

That looks good, but i was thinking on bold 9900/9700 and nokia E63. I think E7 is the best but its really hard to find

I really tried my friend, but it was harder than i though. Even quitting cigarattes was easier than that

I know they are smart, but in productivity side, not time killing side. And i tried to delete gapps etc on my older android phone. Since you know how to install those apps, nobody can stop you about that.

Floating windows? Nice. Can i do it with a phone that is 7.1?

>Key2
>root
is that possible with a locked bootloader? pretty sure that's a no.

I gave up android and use a BlackBerry Classic, it's pretty comfy. However, the backend of BBOS will be shutdown this year, so hopefully the phone still works after that. The store will be closing, and there will pretty much be no way to sideload apps afterwards when the signing servers go down.

Keyboard is nice, as is the Hub though. Browser is also shit, FYI. But onscreen keyboards suck, so win some, lose some.

Let's say OP's pic had a nice camera in that bulky body. Let's say it was powerful enough to run Linux. Would it be viable? Would you use it?

Those aren't dumbphones.

You can't root a key2.

its not unusable, it just has a horrible navigation. Apps are not optimized at all, they're just addressbar-less websites with slow as balls cursor. Also, no T9.

Attached: 1480464626352.jpg (250x250, 6K)

yes you can google "free form mode"

If it would be qwerty, yes

No sideloading will hurt me, i also considered Blackberry passport but gave up on that because of that.

Both Blackberry and Nokia E series are smartphones.

I know, just answer the fucking question. Its smart but not as a time killing “smart”

I'm not entirely sure that's true. It is possible to root a phone with a locked bootloader, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's already a root method available for it.

op asked for a dumbphone. so which will it be

What do you mean

I got a Nokia E7 this week.
Used to have one of these years ago and wondered how it compared to what we have now.
Symbian is pretty dead but you can still find apps dotted around the place, not sure what the battery life is like yet

Attached: IMG_20190329_153531.jpg (3000x3000, 1.52M)

E7 is glorious, i am trying to find one but either they’re too expensive or btfo’d

Is it ssh or someone really ported linux on it?

It’s ssh. You can see the username is pi. I think he is sshing a raspberry pi

Check aliexpress, there's a couple sellers that refurb them with properly new parts.

Yeah, it's just ssh'd into octoprint.
Would be pretty sick if you could run armbian or something on it, it's got pretty similar specs to the first pi, so it should cope. There's soucecode up for symbian and all including bootloaders, I might give it a look and see if I can make a project out of it

Then just get one of those small chink android phones, you won't be killing any time on 2.4" screen yet all modern shit is there if you need it.

Do you have matrix or something like that to contact? Im interested in that project

I have an S3 mini laying around and trust me, their battery life is awful. I had 2 hours of screen time

I have some old Nokias around, E61-E61i-E71-9500 comfiest is E71 but E61 has no camera if that's a plus

S60 or S80?

Had both, old BB java (8310, Bold, Gemini) and half E series. I'd stick with symbian as a BlackBerry without BES is not the real thing. Those days are sadly gone

I’m not sure but E61 looks pretty good, just like a pda. But E71 can fit in your pocket without an issue. For 9500, its great if you want full screen office productivity or ssh. The biggest con is neither of those have 3.5mm jack. Fuck i cant get out of this situation too someone please send help

Attached: FB8FD5C1-2AE0-4B50-B519-6A752879D096.jpg (3077x2048, 740K)

Thanks for the answer, i was falling for the build quality of blackberry. Now i think i will go more nokia side

E71 has 2.5 mm jack so you can buy an adapter to 3.5 mm or just get an E6

E71 is very comfy. It was my travel phone for a while after switching to Android as it had ovi maps and used less data than Android phones

Yeah but 2.5mm sound quality is just good for making calls, i like E63 which has same build type as E71 but with 3.5mm jack and plastic back

just get an 8110

kyoex.com/ get a japanese feature phone

How's the 8110? What is KaiOS like?

bomp

I just bought an E71 thinking Symbian would be a good idea, but its obsolescency becomes painfully apparent when things that should work don't and you hit a wall trying to update or re-flash the firmware. BlackBerry may actually be the better option, especially anything based on BB10 which has Android emulation up to 4.4 or something.