What the fuck is this packaging

What the fuck is this packaging.
t. stupid enough to actually buy this

Attached: C4206196-E9DB-48AD-B8BE-144608E9985C.jpg (4032x3024, 2.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r5Doo-zgyQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can you try deliding it?

You live only once right

Yeah, I bought that shit too and had to google how to open it lol.

lol it doesn't even help
shit's thermal dissipation proof no matter what you do cause they used an enormously thick silicon substrate to trap all the heat inside

it's called product presentation and your stupid ass fell for it. i9 goy 8 threads like every mainstream workstation processor since 2005 #innovation look we added $0.01 of plastic so you know it's good!

>buy ~premium~ hyped consumer garbage
>get consumer garbage packaging
>complain on the slash gee slash

how much R&D did they put on that box?

#
AMD Acolyte detected.
[spoiler]Go AMD seriously. Time to beat NVIDIA now[/spoiler]

>muh more cores is all that matters

Y u no spoiler gee

IPC and branch prediction is underrated.
Though in all seriousness, before Ryzen, intel lied about not being able to put more than 4 physical cores into a single die due to space and heat problems.

AMD and ARM is our only hope against chosen peoples Jewry

intel shills dont buy the i9 9900k because of the core count, they do because it has the highest IPC and because its the most expensive consumer cpu on the market, they would still buy it if it had 6 cores

Attached: 1477616689191.png (709x636, 167K)

Rude :\

Or because it’s simply more futureproof to do so

>t. stupid enough to actually buy this
LMOA

>future proofing
future proofing becomes a joke when you step on the top end market because there you pay 100 dollars for a 2% increase in performance
buying top end parts for future proofing is never good, especially from asshole companies like nvidia and intel

As if the opinionated tech masses could ever grasp the concept of differing perspectives. You buy something they don’t like, they read it, they judge it emotionally and that’s the only reason they reply.

Think of Apple haters and fanbois. They are in essence the same: Emotionally attached to the topic, whether for or against something, just like in politics the sheeples that vote for a party (liberals, conservatives alike) out of principle and never ever understanding differing perspectives in contrast to their own.

Perspective shifting and having control of one’s thought processes is considered a very rare trait few possess. At least that’s the consensus of modern differential psychology. Sadly the tech field, where one might think people are not even saying smarter but maybe less emotionally driven and more rational are full of crowds that either fall into one of two categories: lovers and haters - all emotional judges above all.

It’s hard being smart damn.

If you support AMD you are supporting Islam.
Buy Intel if you support Israel.

Im supporting Israel and ill buy AMD
thank you kanye, very cool

OP here, even if you don’t mean me, I paid like 400$ worth of Euros in Germany for the 9900K. I appreciate any sort of competition and my decision for or against buying something isn’t emotionally driven.

Goes to you as well, being emotionally attached to a company what kind of shitty concept is that

at 400 euros it becomes a better deal but since it requires crazy amounts of cooling and an expensive mobo with good vrms it makes the cost pile up

AMD posts ramadan propaganda on their main Twitter feed.

The funny thing to me about this packaging is that every electronics store I've ever bought components from keeps their CPUs locked up in the back or in an out of the way case, so you don't even get to see the packaging until you've already decided to buy the CPU.

A decent amount of R&D goes into making injection molds that turn out as cleanly as that.
It's easy to make an injection molding that works, but it can be difficult to design one that produces visually perfect surfaces.

Yeah but you still end up with the end product anyway. So it still has that "wow" factor if it actually does wow at all.

Honestly I had an FX 6350, the ram was like 100€ (Corsair) and the cooling is a BeQuiet AIO water loop for 60€ on discount. The motherboard was at 150€.

All in all my Vega 64 at 340€ was more costly

Here they have glass showcase lock cases but they never have enough vertical space to hold the d12 inside them.

here is a secret
i dont give a fuck
i just want good cpus and gpus at a low price

holy shit thats a massive bottleneck

The FX was a bit of a bottleneck but went surprisingly smoothly with games and programming for 8 years and to this day my sister has inherited my machine with a smile.

The Vega 64 is pretty good if you have a decent freesync 1440p monitor.

I intend to do some benchmarking and stress testing to show how much of a bottleneck the FX 6350 was compared to the i9 9900k now. Interested in seeing numbers?

I will do synthetics like cinebench first then move on to recent game titles.

Might warrant an own thread.

I have a spare RTX 2080 Ti here (company property though) but I’m sure pure Vega vs RTX numbers do exist for Gaming.

Why AMD gpu for gaming? Simply because 4K gaming is dumb when you have 144 frames and a bit of anti aliasing instead. That’s just like my opinion man.

>AMD has a cool box
>We need a cool box
Basically sums up Intel's decision making process on everything the last couple years.

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper.jpg (1200x750, 99K)

Also I only know one game to this day that has ray tracing. Nvidia doesn’t deserve their gpu pricing in the upper performance segment especially since the mining craze has faded.

Attached: AA3D0C2E-B6A4-455B-9555-D6D04E1C0F49.png (600x495, 59K)

The average person will judge everything upon visual appeal first. See a small blue box in a showcase next to a shiny big red box and guess which one will get bought.

The intel marketers aren’t completely dumb. Though they used to be smarter. What happened to the simple blue aliens and “centrino” ? Now we have these trains of abbreviations in between numbers unrelated to anything else.

> my sister has inherited my machine with a smile
I hope you gave her all of your brotherly love and at least touched her cunny.

Attached: 1553972034070.jpg (1152x1514, 1.44M)

>Another 2 tokens and a blue

U wot m8

>Another blue engram

Thats why their processors are so fast

I wish they made a case like this. Shit looks fucking amazing.

Attached: tumblr_njuo6h7EHb1u9eum6o1_540.png (512x384, 195K)

>deliding a $500 cpu
>deliding the fastest cpu on the market
Y tho

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017-12-12_at_12.10.40_PM.png (1236x768, 459K)

They made it? TR is two years old.

>just like in politics the sheeples that vote for a party (liberals, conservatives alike) out of principle and never ever understanding differing perspectives in contrast to their own
Opinion approved. You will be permitted to continue posting on Jow Forums for not less than 7 (seven) days.

Attached: 1524814710769.jpg (984x885, 66K)

The human eye can only see 2 GB of SSD ram

fuck off, lisa

Just get a, "Thermoelectric CPU Cooler."

didnt know that they fucked up the packaging too

What retarded website is this that doesn't order their fucking charts by score but by alphabetical order, so I can make sure to avoid them and ignore all their data

Anyone retarded enough to not properly sort data is not capable of accurately running or recording benchmarks.

That is the joke, the i9 9X00 are also soldered on the heat spreader so deliding them equals deleting them. Jow Forums would have enjoyed their Schadenfreude at the cost of OP if he actually did this. Thing is there are enough idiots that would not think for themselves and that’s what Jow Forums is good at: punishment for stupidity.

God damn right they lied to save themselves some shekels, same with the decision to cheap out on thermal interface material.

A display case so you have something to show off that you spent twice as much on your CPU as you needed.

islam even supports israel.
uae was like "ayy lol fuck palestine lol sup telaviv"

In all seriousness, it’s a great time (I’m in Germany so I think this applies to the entire western world) to buy PC tech, upgrade your gaming or / and workstation or build a new machine as a whole.

The year 2018 was a crazy ride; NAND storage shortage, mining boom and bust, and other things considered.

Intel is finally facing serious competition, nvidia has their rtx cards out and it’s all pretty affordable.

Attached: 3228BA4C-5C37-4796-8169-33732029CCA0.jpg (4032x3024, 2.51M)

See

NUCs used to come with a box that played the Intel jingle when you opened it. This shit is nothing new for them.

That's really cute

i remember that thread

Attached: i9 scream.jpg (1440x1080, 706K)

According to several tech cites the “ninth” gen has a soldered die to heat spreader design again, unlike previous gens.
Please explain le new mene

Fuck, I got that reference
Brb, re-watching movie

two issues here, firstly, amd has a retarded way of reporting thermals to make their buyers not realize that their inefficient garbage pulls more watts and has the same performance per core as a 7 year old intel cpu. Secondly, Intel's flatness tolerances for the IHS are fucked so lapping/sanding it is pretty much your only option to get even and better thermals.

its not the silicone you shitbrain, it's the shit flatness tolerances that intel has for the IHS.That's why you see so many 9th gen i7's/i9's with serious hotspots.

>movie
That's a screenshot from episode 5 of NGE

Coud also be the rebuild movie where they put all of their budget into ramiel's animation

looks like a dreidel

>RTX cards
>affordable
>or even desirable
Ohhoho lol.

why aint you compressing your pics with the latest and greatest OP??? Why you being so wasteful with them megabytes???

Attached: 1553957569072.jpg (4032x3024, 566K)

Honestly i bought it for the cool box

>AMD
>good GPUs

if you're so worried about image size, why aren't you using an image-recompressing proxy?

Attached: a.png (709x469, 205K)

Why not both??? You think bits just grow on trees or something???

yes

Attached: a.png (286x305, 32K)

NERD

cringe. What planet are you living on

Ok so you say the images on the buy page and thought what exactly? Or did you buy a "cheap" one from some foreign seller who didn't have any images uploaded?

>using nerd as an insult
>on Jow Forums
do you also visit pizza hut and laugh when someone orders a pizza?

>Turing gpus
>affordable and and non overpriced gpus
lol

AMD Cards are affordable

RTX 2070 is a great affordable 1440p card. But I’ll stick with my RX Vega 64

Attached: 88CC0972-9665-4E01-9BD6-12258C530F9B.jpg (4032x3024, 2.79M)

>2070 is a great 1440p card
I like how when a new generation comes out somehow the older generation stops being feasible for a certain purpose. And it always happen with nvidia cards.

I got it at 426€ on Amazon.de, no taxes were paid. Don't know where you got a lower price than that.

In Europe, the price is only marginally above the 9700K.

Oh okay so you're just poor

Experiencing coil whine on this GPU ? When the cooler gets beefy, you're hearing more of this stuff

They have exactly the same MSRP as the cards they're trying to compete against from Nvidia.

>buh-buh-but Radeon 7 is their best card and it's only 700 dollaridoos, that's less than nvidia's best card!!!!!!!!
Yes and it also only performs as well as an RTX 2080 which, wouldn't you know it, costs 700 bucks.

High segment of irrelevant, they don't compete there and in the mid low segment amd is much cheaper. The 570 costs the same as a 1050ti.

>namecalling
very scientific refutal
the main issue has got nothing to do with hotspots or what you apply between the chip and the cooler those are just cherries on the icing

youtube.com/watch?v=r5Doo-zgyQs

once you proceed with the madness of actually lapping the silicon die itself you see 3-5C overall temp drops per 0.1mm which means the chip is inherently thermal bottlenecked big time

delid the packaging

Child proof

For congratulating the Muslims?

You do understand that amd has thousands of people of all ethnicities working there. And someone working the Twitter department probably just posted that.

It doesn't mean that amd = Islam.

Just as Intel also has Muslim share holders. You Pol fags Need to die.