Dies if you even look at it the wrong way

>dies if you even look at it the wrong way
how is that shit allowed? I think I have more dead sd cards than working ones, wtf?

Attached: sdcar.jpg (488x488, 31K)

Idk what you're doing wrong OP. I've never had a card die and I generally buy the cheapest one I can find. I still have one in my old phone from 2012 that works just fine. Are you transfering like huge files alot?

Dude wtf are you doing
I still have my original 32MB SD card that came with my Nikon back in 2001
It works still

>he doesn't wear protection when handling electronics

Attached: anti static strap.jpg (640x480, 29K)

>sanshit
found your problem, happened to me too. I buy samsung now

I'm using them normally to store downloads and shit on a laptop and randomly one day they refuse to be detected.

also for a raspberry pi as well

Insert and reinsert them about 10-20 times. The contacts on them can tarnish and form a thin layer of copper oxide which does not conduct electricity.

Same thing for the usb cables you use, plug and unplug them 10-20 times to wear down said layer of tarnish.

that's what I do

I mean most of these I've probably used a total of 10-20 times at most and I use card adapters anyway of which I have a shitload since microsd cards always come with one. They die just fucking sitting there.

Probably dead controller/faulty reader then, have you had the same problem with flash drives?

It reads the sd cards that still work just fine. Flash drives work fine.

It might possibly be you fucked up the formatting on some of those card. Get a dead one and plug it in, then launch disk manager.

Look for any disk that has about the same GB of storage as your dead micro sd card and then format that disk to fat32 and use a block size of 4KB.

Attached: disk-management.jpg (550x535, 84K)

the problem is nothing shows up anywhere. I primary used the laptop with linux and lsblk can't find shit nor any of the other gui utilities like gnome disks. Shit doesn't even exist anymore.

ALSO do a full format (will take a while). This will check for any damaged sectors and exclude them from being used. This method has recovered a few "dead" HDDs for me in the past, might work for nand storage.

Probably a chinese knock off.
When 128 gigs hit the market, I had one that was deleting files and falsifying the data size.

Samsungs are better than SDs, as most sandisks have died on me after a year or 2.

they aren't sandisk, they are a variety of brands, I just chose that image from google. Gskill, adata, sony, sandisk, patriot, they all suck ass.

Out of all of them the sony one seemed to last the longest and I used it regularly until the OS could no longer detect it.

>linux
That might be the problem then. Truth be told linux was meant to be a server OS, never a desktop OS. The huge fragmentation of linix into 1,000+ distros has caused a wide range of driver problems and hardware incompatibilities.

I put windows 10 on it and it can't find shit either.

and if linux can't handle sd cards then how the fuck are shit loads of people using raspberry pis? Doesn't that only have sd card for storage? At least that's what I use on mine until they shit the bed.

Not surprising, your linus distro might have permanently altered the controller on the sd card. Oh well, live and learn user.

Do you, by any chance, download torrents directly to it (especially with qbittorrent)? Because that kills sd and usb

it's a fucking chromebook, it's made for linux/gentoo

I downloaded shit loads of stuff to it. I used it as general storage because the laptop only has 32gb of internal storage.

>buys 10$ storage
>WHY IT NO LAST

Attached: images.png (204x248, 4K)

is it even possible to spend more than 10 dollars on an sdcard assuming you don't need more than 64gb or some other marketing shit they put on there?