/spg/ - Smartphone General

nubia Red Magic 3 edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: gsmarena_001.jpg (344x215, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slickdeals.net/f/12850942-android-one-moto-x4-64-gb-149-google-fi
gsmarena.com/honor_7-7269.php
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=7269#show
youtu.be/heCsWo0bLwc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

About to buy the xiaomi mi mix 2s for $300
Anything I should know?

I had a hard time finding phones that have the same global connectivity as this one. It's twice what I paid for my last phone, but I hope it might last longer than 2.5years?

>It's twice what I paid for my last phone, but I hope it might last longer than 2.5years?
Of course it will, it has the third best Snapdragon SoC available. Just install a custom ROM with microG to get the most out your battery, as this will minimize bloat among other things.

>third
Which is the second then?

SD855

finally my s7 is not stuck in boot loop anymore
but I managed to remove the stock system too
it just sits at the samsung logo forever without booting

so where do I go from here now? :advanced_thonking:

Can you boot it to recovery?

You meant 845 I believe.

No, 845 is the third best now

yes but not stock recovery, twrp is installed
can't I just install the image from samsung? pic related

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1376x336, 129K)

So which is the first then?!

I think so, but check that it isn't something that would trigger the FRP lock.

whats a good phone for USA AT&T? I was looking at the Huawei Mate 20 Lite for ~$250 but would prefer $200 or less. Is there a better phone in this price range?

yes I know the chinks spy on me, but I like the aesthetics and specs.

The 865 of the OP7T. It's a game changer, really.

But it's not out yet so it doesn't exist.

You really need to get some help

is it possible that my galaxy's screen got fucked up because of some virus that came in when i rooted it? black dots and dark spots started showing until the screen was like 0,5% brightness, it looked black but if you looked close enough the image was still there

>bro has been working on this small start-up company for a year now
>things are actually coming along after a rough start
>he's excited he'll finally get a phone from work
>the phone he gets is literally a no-name low-end piece of shit that's forever stuck on Android 6.0

Poor dude will have to use this every day from now on.

Attached: AlticeStarnaute4.png (500x500, 110K)

literally who cares, it's his work phone
it's turned on from 9 to 5 and then stays in the backpack

Honor 7
>phone battery is dead
>phone mic is dead
>screen is cracked to hell with dots
>usb is barely working
New battery and external mic or a new phone?

Attached: __bort_houseki_no_kuni_drawn_by_bandong_gyeol__3533204f3d3afa7ea890ae6833759948.jpg (1500x1000, 86K)

What are the pros and cons of an iPhone 8?

New phone. It's just not worth it to repair at that stage.

Moto X4 for $149, follow this:
slickdeals.net/f/12850942-android-one-moto-x4-64-gb-149-google-fi

Pros ios
cons shit battery life and dogshit design

pros: not having to tell people you're gay
cons: it's an iPhone

pros: it runs iOS
cons: on Apple's hardware

Lol, how is iOS a pro? You're just shitposting and samefagging, right?

>Be NEET without a phone for nearly 10 years
>Need a phone now
>No idea what phone to get since they all have drawbacks here and there E.g. No SD card slot, no 3.5mm jack
I was thinking of maybe getting a Pocophone F1 but isn't the F2 coming out in a few months? Or even a RN7P.
Should I wait a few more months?

how bad are the ads on xiaomeme phones? gonna pull the trigger on either a pocomeme or redmeme note 7

> RN7P
only coming out for curryniggers and chinks, because xiaomi doesn't want to make their own competition with the mi 9 se releasing soon

There will always be a new Xaiomeme every couple of months.

It's a pro if you like/want iOS. Nobody could love iphone's hardware though.

More importantly, are you still a neet?

S10 phones have no drawbacks.

>how bad are the ads
nonexistent

>S10 phones have no drawbacks.

Attached: nodrawbacks.jpg (285x285, 22K)

To anyone looking for a budget phone I highly recommend the Moto X4. Shit is $140.

>unlocked
>rooted
>lineageos

Feels good and is only the same as a $900 flagship. I dont know how rhet manage to sell it so cheap.

Why is OnePlus the only Chinese brand you can get directly from an American carrier?

I was thinking of maybe importing one from Ali.

Yeah that's the issue.

Yup, sucks.

Except for the price.
>Buy phone for 700 bucks
>Becomes 'obsolete' in three years

gov telling them to avoid chinkphones for security reasons.

>I dont know how rhet manage to sell it so cheap.
Well, they're on their way out, so they better sell something rather than nothing. Same as Sony, HTC and LG really.

i want to get rid of my smartphone but all the decent "dumbphones" use shit like kaios and google apps. I want something that is 4g connected and can reach the internet in a pinch but isn't some bloated google shit. does anything like that exist?

desu lineageos support is rather a drawback than a feature, because then you have your OS in the hands of some poo in the loo who will drop support for it whenever milk truck arrive

Sir, please keep your calm. Updates for many of the phones on the lineageOS web site have been dropped because there is no operator available. India is a poor country, dear Sir. Life is very hard.

Yeah, fascinating...

There's no phone that could ever be made that could please you then.

>hey I want a perfect phone that lasts for 20 years but I only wanna pay like 200 dollars for it haha

The reasons phones have drawbacks is because low and mid-range phones compromise on certain things to appeal to certain audiences.

been looking for the same thing but it doesn't seem to really exist

Do you miss NFC? What would you even use it for?

He has a point. My Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 didn't get LineageOS 15.1 because the dev didn't give a shit about putting in some work, and now it's pretty much dead despite being a great device.

They all deserve it because lack of updates. Wish I could get hyped for a ThinQ, XZ2, HTC U12 or Motololla. With Xiaomemes you know at least that you are getting a budget phone so if it breaks or stops getting updates, buying a new one comes easy, because "hey it was cheap anyway".

It's like buying a meal in a fancy restaurant, and then the waiter suddenly throws you out without reason vs eating a kebab with your m8s at 4am while drunk af

My phone has been booting to recovery every time I turn it on for some reason.
I don't remember changing anything, and this is just a minor annoyance at best, but anyone knows why this is happening?

>My Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 didn't get LineageOS 15.1 because the dev didn't give a shit about putting in some work, and now it's pretty much dead despite being a great device.
Just stay away from Samsung mid range devices if you want community support. The S9 and the Note 9 do have some, but limited due to the pricing.

>They all deserve it because lack of updates
And because they were overpriced, had terrible build quality or quality control (looking at you M9, I Ultra and G4-V20) and were really a thing in a handful of countries anyway.

F1 oder RN7? It's just 60€ difference what buy halp

U Ultra*

F1

Are early Xiaomi smartphones upgradable to the latest MIUI?

>New phone. It's just not worth it to repair at that stage.
But I dont wanna. Buying new stuff is wasteful and most cheap phones are direct downgrades

Attached: friend.jpg (1279x960, 140K)

>most cheap phones are direct downgrades
Not to your Moto X4 they aren't.

Honor 7 achaully and yes they are. My phones LCD is still top notch and cheap shit is laggy like everything else due to heavier nudroid.

I do hate storage being maxed due to my /b/ file though

Attached: 1546452459671.png (760x760, 361K)

My redmi note 3 has miui 10 im not sure about previous models

gsmarena.com/honor_7-7269.php
Yeah, no $200 phone is superior than this, no way man.
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=7269#show
And lol at that battery life.

Redmi series get official support (and latest MIUI versions) for about 3 years and the Mi series for about 4. I think the oldest devices that got the current MIUI 10 upgrade are the Mi4C and the Redmi Note 3.

Been debating trading in my pixel 2 for the s10e.

anyone go a similar route? how satisfied are you? should i just wait and see what the pixel 4 looks like?

Attached: 1550363186452.jpg (428x424, 20K)

>Yeah, no $200 phone is superior than this, no way man.
yep, benchmark are only slightly lower than sd 630s and 3gbs of ram aint that bad when most phones have only 4
>And lol at that battery life.
Literally went through week long combat training without a recharge and still had juice left. Power saving option is still the best and nothing comes close

Attached: 1545583001005.png (355x407, 90K)

If google fucks up the pixel 4's hardware then just pull the trigger on s10e.

Yeah man, you have the best phone money can buy and you know it. What's there to even say to this?

>Yeah man, you have the best phone money can buy and you know it. What's there to even say to this?
Why do you misinterpret my words? What I said was that cheap phones aka shit in 100-200 mark are usually downgrades.

>aka shit in 100-200 mark are usually downgrades.
And even that is not true, but you've convinced yourself otherwise. Bye.

Yeah,whatever fag. All I need to do is to check gsmarena and the spec sheet. Jump off a bridge idk

Attached: 1464192397270.png (477x530, 319K)

>All I need to do is to check gsmarena and the spec sheet.
And you don't even know how to do that you mongoloid.

>no u

>you can completely hide the camera on the s10e

:thinking:

Attached: 1526190344289.png (845x743, 561K)

get a pixel 2 for that much.
eBay item number:323365490139

And lose an inch of your screen real estate. Also, what's that bar on the right?

just remove the navigation buttons and it's ok, also that's a scrollbar.

WHEN THE FUCK IS PIE COMING TO FUCKING ASUS ROG YOU FUCKING KEKS

I'VE BEEN RUNNING THIS BUGGY PIECE OF SHIT FOR 2 MONTHS AND JACK FUCK IS HAPPENING

DUMB FUCKING CHINKS

>Falling for the Asus meme
You asked for it. Enjoy your gayming phone with no updaets but shiny GAYMOR 1337 H4XX0R style while you drink your GAMYER FUEL

don't give a shit about the gaming faggotry, i wanted big battery high performance without the kike notch + jack and radio and the ROG is LITERALLY the only phone on the market with this.

>Pocophone with Gcam can literally beat 800-1000usd cameras

youtu.be/heCsWo0bLwc

Chinkphones are underrated as fuck, unbelievable to see the real gap between the best 3 cameras in the market against this chink motherfucker. You can actually see the power of marketing; the difference between this shits it's not near those 500usd gap between the phones.

How do you feel about Motorola One Vision, new upper mid-range Android One phone that will be sold globally?

Attached: gsmarena_001 (2).jpg (466x600, 50K)

Pie is shit.
Stay on [spoiler]Nougat[/spoiler]

Upper mid ranger with lower midranger processor. It doesnt have the features of year old flagship nor the screen or processing power. Plus its 399

Its shit

Redpill me on xiaomeme mi 9 Jow Forums . Is xiaomi better than OnePlus ?

Attached: xiaomi-mi-9-se-global-version.jpg (669x801, 43K)

> Is xiaomi better than OnePlus ?
Of course not.

Xiaomi hardware itself seems better built even though it's lower spec generally. My coworker keeps buying oneplus phones and installing roms and shit, but he keeps sending up with hardware issues, or with his OP6 he kept bitching about not being able to do something with the notch i forget.

I personally like miui and find every xiaomi phone i buy has stable roms, so my family is all on xiaomi phones. The way I look at it I'm only buying hardware.

For the price it looks great!

Didn't hear of this one yet, but looking at the specs sheet it seems like a good option for the markets where Redmemes don't have full LTE coverage. That is assuming it will be similarly priced. Android one insures against Lienovo skimping on the updates. The only thing concerning me is that Exynos, the battery life might be a major issue.

Thanks anons I am currently on a OnePlus 3 and I don't think I will upgrade very soon

How so?

It's better than OP6T, but I'd wait to see OP7.

Currently downloading Android 9.0 to "upgrade" from 8.0 on my Moto g6. Anything I should know? Is 9 bad?

divisible by 3, make of that what you will. just ask yourself, who benefits?

MIUI 10 or iOS 12

To be honest, the former looks prettier, but is the latter more functional? I need to get a phone that will still be supported in 5 years because I'm not a phone person, so I was thinking iPhone to be the obvious choice. I'm also in the US.

It's LineageOS better than Miui 10 on a Mix 2s?

depends

So I got myself Galaxy Note 9 and what the fuck is this shit? What kind of a retarded zipperhead thought this looks good?

Attached: Screenshot_20190331-021556_Samsung Experience Home.jpg (1245x481, 352K)

On what?

on if you want bugs that will never get fixed because the pajeets who maintain the rom are retarded or not

can we cool it with the anti indo-aryan remarks

Anything good and functional in the iOS has already been stolen by Xiaomi, but you also get the features and customizability of its android base and some of their own chinky solutions (the outstanding screenshot capture system comes to mind).
If support is the priority, then iOS is your choice, Apple supports their phones for around 5 years, whereas Xiaomi does the same for around a year less, assuming you buy one of their flagships.

>hole in the screen
INTO LE FUCKING TRASH IT GOES
THE NO BEZEL MEME MUST FUCKING END
I WILL NOT ACCEPT ALL THESE GARBAGE DESIGNS
GET BACK TO COMFY BEZELS AND FORNT FACING DUAL SPEAKERS
AND COMFY PLASTIC
NONE OF THIS GLASS/METAL BULLSHIT