Okay Jow Forums I really need your help. Here's the story

Okay Jow Forums I really need your help. Here's the story.
>My dad works for a international company
>Company went through some retarded shit. Now everyone have to use MacBook pros
>Dad got the SD card of the camera which they recorded some REALLY BIG event. Only one copy.
>We opened up the macbook. Used 2 dongles to connect the SD card
>Only some of the videos can be found
>Check from older windows laptop. All there. Eject disc and plug into MacBook
>cannot be read
>Try multiple times, every port and stuff
>Every single device, even our neighbors pc
>All corrupted. Only option is to format the SD card
>Dad was slowly getting angrier
>I'm shaking
>If we don't get the vids, he's fired. May be even sued

He's sitting silently at the corner of the room. Didn't even moved for almost one hour. Not a single word.
Please show me a way Jow Forums I can't find anything

Attached: 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4.png (1070x601, 507K)

the fuck.
Negro do you have a linux laptop?
if yes, you should already know how 2 fix.
If not, download Virtualbox or some gay shit & install Ubuntu.
When installed, plug in the SD card, and enable it to go in to the virtual machine.
Once it's in the machine, open a terminal and type the following:
lsblk (This will shoud every storage device)
then type "mkdir ", then type "sudo mount /dev/sd", x being the thing you saw from lsblk

I got an old USB with whatever distro installed on it. It should be ok.
But my dad has the SD currently in his hand. He's looking at it and it's scaring me. I'll have to wait until he leaves it somewhere.
Also he told me "so you don't understand from technology too" before going silent he won't let me touch it easily.
But thanks user. I'll try it when I can...

if the SD card has a little write protection lock switch on the side maybe make sure it's locked so there's no way to fuck up the data on it

also since you know you're looking for video files if you're able to read the raw data on the SD card you can search for video file format headers and recover them, even if the filesystem is corrupted

recuva

Got around 10 of these. Pretty sure the one my dad has is the same. It got protection lock but it's unlocked.
Also for can I do that? I'm sure all the vids was in .MTS but none of my systems recognised it. Only got the "format" popup

Attached: a.jpg (1531x1786, 459K)

It won't even let you select it because it don't know it's filetype

Can we send it to a recovery company? I know they recover stuff from HDDs but I'm not sure about SD cards.

I guess I'll drink until tomorrow...

yes, if its as important as OP says, you should get it into the hands of a professional ASAP. They aren’t going to fuck it up if you haven’t already.

Found this. That's gonna cost a lot but I might try...

Attached: IMG_20190331_012629.jpg (3649x4898, 3.02M)

use easeus data recovery software.
I recovered all of my data after accidentally formatting my USB using it.
Good luck user

it just werks

1. dont make any changed to it
2. use a proper windows computer
3. use "GetDataBack For FAT" to recover the files

>Not immediately copying everything when it worked that one time.

Attached: 1535238106450.jpg (542x537, 44K)

>Check from older windows laptop. All there.
so then copy it to an usb / mail it to yourself / upload to cloud from there, if you cant be bothered to fix it, it isnt rocket science.

also
>not unmounting before unplugging when you know windows is a POS

this

not bothering to use version control outside of _old _ new _shitty _ newer _older _ newer2

We take it from the camera and put it in the MacBook. He had 5x64gb of cards with him and we only failed to get data from the 4th one. The vids we got were the first ones he took (Totally useless)
But yeah. We copied them.
I did. I'm not that retarded.
But it's not there anymore. That's the problem. It don't recognize SD card anymore.

Mac sounds great at this point, though if there's a good reason to be blaming Microsoft for this I'd like to hear it.

pls deliver OP if it'll get better

Idk user. He looked at me with despair and touched my checks. "You did it again my son" and went to his room. From the sounds MacBook made he's propably editing from card 5 (Germany)
Card 4 was (Belgium). I wonder we can trick the company? I heard they are alike places
But I'll deal with it later. I've drank so much. I'll sleep
Goodnight and thanks for caring user

just do it already you blogposting pussy, your dad’s job is on the line.