So what's the exactly the difference between a coder and a scripter? Which do you see yourself as?

So what's the exactly the difference between a coder and a scripter? Which do you see yourself as?

Attached: 1549025983121.jpg (479x479, 64K)

I'm a coder in the streets and a scripter in the sheets

Attached: Script-Lab-Excel-Microsoft.jpg (1084x610, 194K)

I dont see myself liking minorities

coders are known for mostly writing code, whereas scripters usually write scripts. i'm a programmer myself

Attached: 3CF3212C-E30E-4CFB-B5F6-2EE3D552FB7D.jpg (500x600, 102K)

>coder
Generic umbrella term for anyone who writes code
>Scripter
Someone who writes instructions which are interpreted in real time. Importantly, these scripts rely on an environment to work in
>Programmer
Someone who writes instructions that are compiled into machine code, then executed. Programs can be boiled down, generally, to processor instructions. You can compile code in a language with a compiler written in the same language. Where this differs most obviously from scripting is that, to write a Python interpreter in Python for example, the interpreter must be handled by another interpreter. This chain can't stop until the outermost interpreter is a program.
>Closing thoughts
Scripting doesn't actually capture the spirit of things like markup languages, despite being very technically scripting. In HTML for example it is more accurate to think of it in terms of a document than a script. Yes it can be respected as a set of instructions, but it is a document as much as a photo or a text file are.

>to write a Python interpreter in Python for example, the interpreter must be handled by another interpreter. This chain can't stop until the outermost interpreter is a program.
dafuq. are you saying writing code in Python is not programming, or the opposite?

When people say scripting they often mean something like auto hotkey which is super basic.

I see myself as a scripter of your moms pussy, cause she always cums first just as scripted LOL

>scripter
Foreman at a construction site
>programmer
Architect drawing the blueprints the foreman needs to do his work

Fuck off. If you can't contribute.

programming is an art, scripting is a skill

python is not programming

scripter: sysadmin
coder: webshit hipster
programmer: master race

Attached: stocking psg.png (853x480, 394K)

I'm going to assume that by coder you meant programmer (coding is a general term for anyone writing any kind of instructions for a machine).

I do both C/C++/Python programming and Bash/Python scripting.

The way I see it, scripting is making a sequence of instructions, that instruct smaller pieces of software that are made by programming, making them work together. Programming is also making a sequence of instructions, but the instructions are much closer to the hardware, and the instructions are simpler.

For example, if I wanted to routinely backup, I'd make a script (not a realistic example but will do)

while true; do

rsync -r --progress --modify-window=1 ~/Documents user@server:/home/user/Backups/

sleep 1h

done

In the script I used both rsync and ssh software, but both of those had to be made by a programmer. On top of that, I don't have to know how both are made to make them work together and make a script to backup.

animetard: pedoscum

No difference at all.
I see myself as someone who picks the correct tool for my job, let it be C, Java, Scheme, Bash, Python or a simple Excel formula.

>getting this buttmad
guess it was your mom I fucked LOL

>script
Tiny
Often focuses on file
And system management
Automation
The glue that holds us together
>program
The concrete foundation we set our feet upon.
>coder
Associated in my mind with monkeys.

Attached: black-and-white-monkey-clipart.png (1619x1623, 129K)

Seconded.

That's a nice fox

>black and white monkey
>it's colored