Fans should be illegal

QED

Attached: 1546591418837.jpg (1120x450, 119K)

No.

i just love it when my gpu snaps in half

Pic related is the real deal.

Attached: big_1467589406_image.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

Except for the fact that even a single case fan spinning at sub 1k RPM would drop temps by 15C+ on a passive card. At that point, just get a properly cooled card.

>STOP
>LIKING
>THINGS
>I
>DON'T
>LIKE
>REEEEEEE

you can have fans that spin such low rpm and are so quit by design that they would be only 2dB above.ambient

That doesn't mean anything though. Ambient is different from a "spot" noise, something distinct that you can tell apart. A lot of case fans spin at below typical ambient noise level which is around ~30dba, which is why they're don't cause discomfort, but they do stand out because they're usually a consistent pitch coming from one small spot in your room

>COIL WHINE

>TINNITUS

Pinus Sex Tips successfully made a very powerful almost passive pc with a HEDT Inturd and a 1080ti using an open loop with so many radiators they didn't need any fan, except the one in the psu.

Which makes me wonder why the fuck nobody made it a commercial product yet.

I think its very possible to cool a pretty powerful PC passively with a semi-truck radiator.

Derbauer is also working on something interesting - pumpless cooling tower style cooler with some exotic fluid that boils at 60C.

It seems he's going to actually patent and make it into a commercial product.
And my engineering degree says it's gonna be good.

>Pinus Sex Tips
>my engineering degree
Ugh

Alright OP let's see one if your fanless heatsinks cool a 2080ti

Why can it drop so much? It's just air.

You don't have to like him but his experiment was a success.

Except he's a stupid wasteful consumerist and he spent like 2000$ on the overpriced heatsinks fittings and tubes marketed as a pc enthusiast luxury items.

A smart man could get the cheapest waterblocks, a pump, soft tubing and a radiator from a Gazelle semitruck which costs 40$ new.

Attached: 621bc94s-960.jpg (960x720, 190K)

A, тaк ты pyccкий. Этo вcё oбъяcняeт.

Air itself conducts heat very poorly, as any gas.
A passive cooler gets hot, heats up the air around itself and kinda is insulated in a bubble of hot air relying only on the very weak convection flow to replace hot air with cold air.

If you add just one case fan it will create a significant airflow to blow the hot air away from the radiation to be replced with fresh cold air.

A smart man could. Not you.

Why cant AMD go into passive cooling market since their cpu are marketed as "cooler" than intel.

Attached: gigabyte_ga_j1900n_d3v_mini_itx_motherboard_1044669.jpg (1000x1000, 154K)

Because they arent a cooler manufacturer.

Ryzen cpus really are extremely efficient at lower clocks and voltage and could be easily cooled passively using one of the passive cooler cases or just a grand macho without a fan.

moi neger

>Which makes me wonder why the fuck nobody made it a commercial product yet.

Attached: calyos-nsg-s0-1.jpg (750x485, 70K)

Proprietary fans should be illegal. Put standardized 120 mm fans on graphics cards, or 92 mm, or 80 mm for all I care, but for fuck's sake MAKE THEM STANDARDIZED. It's always the proprietary fucking graphics card fans that start rattling or dying the soonest, and then you can never find any fucking replacements.

Attached: k_md_007wau0b.jpg (1200x800, 227K)

this

Attached: 1525274583336.jpg (250x220, 7K)

As soon as the proprietary fans start shitting the bed I just ziptie standard ones onto the fins. Works just as well except for the crowd that demands RGB carnival lights and 0 visible cables, I guess.

Garbage company who still haven't shipped a single unit.

Got completely cucked by airtop and monsterlabo.

Attached: 49937800_1996436267144549_3707963953763057664_n.jpg (960x720, 61K)

BTW what's up with HP laptops? I've made a mistake to buy a Hp laptop it fucking started fans out of the box on first turn on. It's also fucking hot all of the time. Wtf, Hp?

This is something entirely different.

Too exotic and expensive to get widely adopted if at all.

That monsterlabo is legit, I'd grab one if I didn't already have a Ghost S1 and Ncase.

You're severely underestimating the power of convection.
The Surface Pro with the i5 Quad Core has no fan, just vents across the top and it runs cooler than the vast majority of laptops with a fan.

Saying "quad core i5" is irrelevant. The 7300U is a 15W part. Even then it uses a chassis with a large surface area as a heatsink. The entire device gets notably warm when the CPU is under extended stress. It's unrealistic to think that a 75W part like the GPUs in the OP or other desktop parts with much higher TDPs can be cooled in the same way.

8250U on the Surface. 4C 8T.

If your case has an open top, heat has a very easy way to escape.
75W is easy to passively cool. 1660 and higher is getting into hard to cool territory.

>muh noise
>muh cucktips experiment
yes goy, spend more shekels on passive cooling so you can hear gunshots in your diverse neighborhood better

>8250U on the Surface. 4C 8T.
Again, utterly irrelevant. The 2017 model uses the 7300U. The 2018 model uses the 8250U. Both are still 15W parts.

>75W is easy to passively cool
No, it isn't. Even cards like the ones in the OP, with a gigantic fin stack that has more surface area than those on a high end cards with fans, thermal throttles and shuts down when put in a case with no fans. Even on an open bench table it hits almost 90 degrees with no airflow. And that's cooling a GPU in the 1050 Ti which actually only uses an average of 58W in real terms.

It simply isn't practical to cool even those kind of parts, which are extremely low power by desktop standards, with no airflow. It doesn't work, unless you're happy to have your system on an open test bench and are comfortable with your GPU running at 90 degrees.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9ML1ovNjUzOTc1L29yaWdpbmFsLzAxLVRlbXBlcmF0dXJlcy1HUFUucG5n.png (711x533, 24K)

I read that as: Monsterlabia is legit, I'd grab one if...

this, holy shit.

Attached: 1547762666769.gif (610x667, 74K)

So replace a moderately quiet fan with a loud as fuck pump?

Even derbauer's alternative is just loud water droplets. I sure do want to hear a leaking faucet 24/7.

>implying pumps are louder than fans
>implying vapor chamber heat pipes sounds like dripping faucets

Attached: 1553713802365.jpg (960x895, 65K)

Not that guy but the main reason fanless gpu cooling struggles is because heat is trapped underneath it. If the cards faced upwards heat would rise off of them, even vertical mounts would be better. Tbh don't even get me started on what an absolute shit show desktop cases are for thermal performance, and it's all because they use a crap design with terrible airflow and solid panels all round (seriously why is no one using mesh in the top and side panels so air can get in and out easily without requiring silly amounts of fans)

my degree says that moving pc to another room and just closing the door would be more quiet and provide better cooling while still being much cheaper

ofc you wont have any other room to move pc to, because you are living in some cuckpartment with god knows how many people and will stay there, because you waste all your money on useless stuff so you can brag on internets how about special you are for owning it

You don't have to sit next to your PC user

Ryzens start throttling at 75 degrees Celcius, Intel can run theirs at 90-95C.

why does ryzen throttle much faster? i9 can go up to 100c without throttle.

>being an autistic sperg that needs to live in abject total silence or will flail on the floor flinging shit across the room in a panic attack.

U mean underpowered lmao retard. Did you never study physics or something in school?

>man who cannot into taobao says

Intel knows it needs house fire temps to compete.

what does it matter?
the coil whine is 50db nowadays, you won't even notice your 45db fans

Attached: 1396986563015.jpg (934x703, 444K)

nobody wants that shit. mobile phones have more processing power than those on-board CPUs

Attached: 1402776015228.jpg (1800x1200, 217K)

You fucking helpless babbies. Just do

power efficiency drops with temperature increase, so mommy Lisa made it so Ryzen never goes over 75C.
other than that there's no reason why Ryzen couldn't cause housefires with shit enough cooler.

coil whine should be outlawed

Eventually the water will reach its carrying capacity for heat

Not everyone has a basement they can put their computer in. Space efficiency is an actual concern in many situations because often the tower has to go under a desk, and the longer the hose on the closed loop is, the less flow the coolant will have.

Zipties and noctua. Quieter than stock.

Yes goyim, ignore the constant, highly localized noise and suffer from psychological malaise and tinnitus
Goyimposters leave

>shit taste
>has no fucking clue what he's talking about
>muh phone
Who could have guessed.

>implying fan noise is ever a problem outside of music production where the computer isn't even in the same room if you have any fucking brain
Also
>not using overears
You got exactly what you deserve you fucking sheep.

Dust hell.

My fanless 1050Ti didn't throttle in mesh case after 1 hour of Furmark. It got very hot, but I don't care about that.

I always build my PCs to be as quiet as possible. Graphics cards used to be absolutely horrible but today I'd say some of the better Asus Strix or MSI Gaming X cards with fan control are good enough if you make a custom fan curve so it never goes above the minimum RPM.

Also this: Completely passive is nice but in reality wasteful. One of the best/easiest things you can do is is just get one or two quiet 120/140mm case fans, strap them to the heatsink using cable ties and use any appropriate RPM control to bring them to a point where their completely silent. Free cooling at no noise cost. You can do the same to a regular card by ripping off the stock fans.

150USD fanless 90TDP CPU cooler (EOL, so seller's market), 150USD fanless Seasonic PSU and 25USD more for a fanless graphics is nothing compared to overpaying for rent.

neck yourself faggot

can≠should

listening to boiling liquid making bubbles all the time
not really quite

Instead of wasting all this effort just so you can say it's completely passive, just make a fucking cooling system that works at inaudible fan levels.

>you should have to order shit from chinese junk websites to fix problems that shouldn't exist in the first place

>it throttles at much lower temperatures because it's better
This is why nobody respects and fanboys

When you want to run something passively, or in a small notebook with shit cooling it's extremely important.
Cooling a CPU (or anything) is much easier when it can take an extra 20K.

And AMD chips break down before they get the chance to be one.

I have a "silent" build and it's only inaudible while idling. Should i stress it the fans spin up.

I imagine you could place a tower under your desk and said radiator right next to it.
It is slightly taller and longer than a full tower case but slimmer.

>Which makes me wonder why the fuck nobody made it a commercial product yet.
What did he mean by this?

Attached: fanless nsg s0 calyos watermod side 2.png (1200x900, 493K)

These arent available yet, and when they are the price will be obscene as will be the shipping cost consigering they weight 30kg or so.

This thins uses some passive phase changing space tier shit, kinda like a fridge that runs on heat without a pump.

Linus just made an open loop with a pump an a fuckload of radiators.
And while it was truly passive due to having a pump i think its pretty good.

>This thins uses some passive phase changing space tier shit, kinda like a fridge that runs on heat without a pump.
Hey so does this thing
Fuckin wild, extremely advanced technology

Attached: B1064903758.jpg (360x360, 24K)

Are you being retarded on purpose?

They somehow managed to make it flow one way, fluid comes in vapor comed out without any moving parts with some sort of membranes and shit.

Based jobs solved this twenty years ago

Attached: ap_23ab4f9c8da84eebb1595555ac184a61-1-620x775.jpg (620x775, 66K)

I was looking into just putting my PC in another room and running a Thunderbolt cable to a dock but the company that sells the company has a monopoly and charges ~$400 for 10m

*company that sells the cable

how about not being fagot and using dp/hdmi and usb extender

kill yourself

>right into the can

It's almost like you hate high performance