Why hasn't technology made trash obsolete yet?

Attached: 1528840475984.png (420x428, 230K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2012/01/ff_trashblaster/
explainthatstuff.com/plasma-arc-recycling.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because most technology is trash.

/thread

You could incinerate everything.

There's some tower somewhere in some frozen wasteland country that trash is burned in, and the heat from such is used to boil water which turns a turbine for electricity that powers the little local town. Which is neat, I think.

Waste incineration is a thing.

then why do white people export it to asian to have it burned there?

why woukd I burn shit in my backyard when I could send it to pajeetville who could burn it for free?

but where are we going to put the used filters?

based

They do this in lots of places. Your city probably does this.

>trash is burned
here we've got a bunch of recycling bins, we are to recycle paper separate from cardboard separate from plastic. And then there's glass and metal. The last two make sense. The first three are, where I live, all burned in the exact same place. Learning that made me wonder why they insist on us who live here separating paper and cardboard and plastic.

I work at a rubbish dump in australia
And technology almost has made it obsolete BUT

The waste industry is one of the most corrupt, lazy and greedy industries in the world. Where I work got bought out by the probably biggest company and we actually now do LESS recycling than we did before even with all the connections the new company should have...

We used to do our best now everything basically goes to landfill unless its super quick and easy.

Also recycling starts at home and most people are fucking morons. We ask people to seperate the basics like cardboard and metals to the side but thats to complicated and people either pissed off about paying or whatever and throw it all in a big pile or over the edge into landfill.

Everyone is to fucking lazy and the fix is usually not that hard example the other day I guess it was from a supermarket dumped a huuuuuuge load full of rotten food, packaging etc (Which they now have machines that can separate the packaging and shit). But the worst part about this was the amount of cardboard that was just dumped in it as well there is absolutely no reason for that place to not have had a seperate bin for cardboard which would have saved the business money as well

Its just a fucking joke

it the trash

are emus retarded?

Attached: Population-density-australia-June-2016.jpg (868x920, 112K)

>most people are fucking morons
I'm not a moron, I'm just not getting paid to recycle; that is, quite literally, your job. Deal with it, trash boy.

Attached: 1544758681680.jpg (603x1024, 78K)

this, i throw trash in recycle just to fuck with the rich

I'm rich just wanted to let you know that you aren't "fucking with me" by putting your rubbish into the recycling.

>be Australia
>be irrelevant chink satellite state.
>send your trash to india.
>India just sends it to the ocean.

Why burn your own midnight oil?

>You could incinerate everything.
Bad for the air though.

>drink from said ocean

Attached: desalination-sustainably-drought-proofing-australia-22-728.jpg (728x546, 153K)

Because obviously it couldn't obsolete your post before you made it.

>what is water purification.

how are you going to purify water is it's replaced with plastic?

It kinda boggles my mind that countries have come to depend on places like China and India to handle their plastic/e-waste, knowing how POORLY those countries actually handle it.

it's so they can claim those "shitty" countries about pollution

>being a dumb nigger
Not surprised, honestly.

burn them retard

It largely has, almost everything could be made out of completely recycleable or compostable materials. However humans are retarded and would rather save 1 cent per packaging than use to these solutions.

jews arent humans

>Also recycling starts at home
Why? I don't sort out piss, shit and toilet paper.
It's your job to figure out what's plastic and what's metal, I'm tired of having to do that stuff for you.

The fucking entitlement of this guy

China is also banning foreign garbage.

Attached: china banning foreign garbage.png (691x148, 23K)

>literally takes 5 seconds to sort shit
piss off

NOOOOOO WE'RE GONNA DROWN IN PLASTIC WASTE NOW! FUCKING COMMIES!

based kangaroos exporting their trash to pajeets

>making money off literal shit
based capitalist pajeets

in the navy we always had three trash bags, one for each type of trash: burnable, metals, and plastics. had to do that on a ship or we'd be dumping way too much garbage.
the japanese sort their trash the same way. pic related.

but i guess we can't expect white countries to do the same. instead they think they should be paid to take a few seconds to throw the trash in the right bin

Attached: gomi.jpg (750x350, 57K)

Do you want to come and do my job while I do yours? Oh sorry I forgot I have a real job and you are literally not capable of doing so. Guess we'll have to keep doing our own jobs for now.

We only get a recycling truck every 2 weeks. So half of our recycling goes straight to the dump.

Lol, you think you're "doing your part" just by putting plastic, glass, and paper in the blue bin? I bet you wipe your ass with toilet paper instead of using a more ecofriendly solution.

I do try my best for recycling, I clean plastics that I can give back to woolies and coles to recycle, and I always recycle as much as I can, but has a point, not rare to have my recycle completely full so I have to give up and put some of it in the trash.
> seperate the basics like cardboard and metals
Not sure what you mean by this. I only have 1 bin, do you want me to layer my rubbish? I just chuck it in as I get it, and even if I sort it won;t the recycle truck mix it all up anyway?

Same here
I hope that maybe they just have different regimes for paper or organic waste etc

i stopped recycling when i learnt most of it ends up in a landfill anyway. fuck the planet

damn those chinks are becoming self aware, now who are we gonna dump our trash on?

>Lol, you think you're "doing your part" just by putting plastic, glass, and paper in the blue bin?

Yes, why do you think you're not?

>I bet you wipe your ass with toilet paper instead of using a more ecofriendly solution.
Toilet paper is degradable, and production is sustainable and has relatively low environmental costs. It's not ideal but you can't compare it to glass, plastic and metal.

>but i guess we can't expect white countries to do the same
Here in Norway we have three different bins too.

psh in sweden we have 6 bins

I'm rich too.
What did he mean by this?

Well I guess it depends on how you define a bin. We are supposed to separate trash into at least nine different categories, it's just that many of them are not delivered in the form of a bin.

Burnables,
Glass and metal packaging,
Paper,
Plastic packaging,
Bottles and cans with collateral,
Compost,
Hazardous chemicals,
Electronics,
Ceramics,
And then many more smaller categories for niche items

it is more "green" to burn plastics at your own garden than send plastics to other continent where they also burn.....

i'm talking about the bins they put outside the house, not the recycling center's bins

Absolutely based.

We already have those in white countries, faggot. The issue is residential waste and obviously people aren't going to waste shit tons of space on a bunch of bins inside their apartments.

Besides, my city doesn't request separation and everything picked up curbside gets thrown in the back of one big truck. If they can take it mixed, there's no reason everyone else can't.

why not just dump all the world's trash on italy's streets, it's not like they would mind

You can't clearly define them that way. None of those categories except ceramics and the last umbrella category can only be delivered to a recycling center. Burnables and paper have their own proper "bins" (but not all houses use them, some have common containers, like me), but plastic packaging is put outside next to the paper bin and picked up in the same way. Glass/metal packaging is delivered to common containers located like max a couple of hundre meters from any location in a city, in my case there is one together with the spot you put the burnables, paper and plastic. Many have their own special bin for hazardous materials but it looks different than normal trash bins and it's only picked up like once every six months or so. Electronics can be delivered to any electronics store, they are obligated to pick it up. Bottles and cans with collateral is delivered to a special machine in most convenience stores that returns to collateral when you deliver them. And so on.

There are various filters for that. Can't filter the CO2, though.

Burning it is a bad idea, since it's a waste of resources. Oil is limited and it takes quite a bit of energy to make plastic out of it. Heat is shit tier as far as energy value is concerned because Carnot is a bitch. Recycling it would be a much better idea.

Because technology also keeps making new shit that can't be recycled. Look at those Kruger k cup things, you'd think "oh these are plastic like my Papa John's garlic dip cups" but no it's a slightly different plastic that can't be recycled or even incinerated so it goes in a landfill.

Just dump everything in a volcano.
Problem solved.

rm -rf /trash

Thank me later

rm -rf /bin
ftfy

invariably, fpbp

how the hell can stralia have a trash crisis? your whole island is uninhabited, send trash there

Just hire elon musk to create a vacuum chute that sends all trash to space

>We ask people to seperate the basics like cardboard and metals
in the end they pile them together here
literally for no purpose

Honestly, China and India telling the West to fuck off is the best thing that can happen to the planet. To stick to the trash example, there was zero reason to ever employ recycling technologies in earnest or enforce proper recycling behavior because you were literally making money by shipping it off. Now it's either do that, or turn your country into a shithole.
Unless South America and Africa fuck it up by jumping on that train.

Because we outsourced all local recycling manufacturing and imported tonnes of dumb slave labor
Fuck this gay country

It has.

In Austria we are paid to import trash from neighboring countries, incinerate it in highly efficient plants with modern filtration technology to keep our air clean and then sell them the electricity we produced by it.

The probelm is just tha the average world leader is a retard who caters to his retarded voting base in the most simple way possible.

if anything, tech has made trash a commodity.
Look at the iphone.

Africa is way ahead of you user. You should look up "Francafrique" and how it works politically - the French use all methods available to keep Western Africa open for whatever they like.

Euro trash will go to Africa. US trash probably to Mexico or Brazil until they all choke on it.

Attached: Computer-Recycling-And-eWaste-In-Africa-8.jpg (880x495, 141K)

We should build a giant catapult that uses the spin of the Earth to throw all the trash into the Sun, then start using only recyclable materials. The biggest problem with mankind is that it isn't sustainable. Life has only been able to survive on Earth for this entire time because it has always been self-sustaining. Once an animal that eats plants dies it becomes nutrients for more plants to regrow from. Life is just a giant cycle, and if mankind wants to survive it needs to integrate into this cycle or at least become self-sustaining.

oh no \thread already

Same as Japan in Canada, please don‘t refer to the United States as a “white country”. You can clearly see how entitled they are.

>our trash gets sent to africa
>their trash gets sent here
terrible deal

>Canada
>white
lol ok Chang.

Planned Obsolescence

/thread

There are many things that you can't separate from water with modern water purification. Even using fractional distilling you can still have shit getting through due to being super close to water boiling point too.

australian aborigens should ban plastic straws. that would fix everything

why?

>enforce eco law in own country
>send trash overseas
>claim it's recycled
>overseas country burns it/dumps it in the ocean/landfill
>Look at those other wasteful countries, we recycle everyting!!

Attached: 1396813254002.png (512x512, 67K)

BASED

why do we ship plastic to india when we could just send it to one of our deserts?

Attached: australian-deserts.jpg (300x275, 18K)

> There's some tower somewhere in some frozen wasteland country
A lot of European countries burn their burnable trash (with filtered exhaust fumes and using the required and resulting heat for heating or electricity generation).

Most of these also separate and recycle PET, some of them recycle more plastics.

It usually takes ~3-5 years or so to plan and build the facilities required, but it works fine.

Food (Green bin)
General Waste (Black bin)
Plastics, Glass & Metal (Blue bin)
Green Waste (Green Bag)
Paper & Card (Black box)

All gets delivered to a centre to be sorted.
t. Waste Loader

abbos lose their shit and the leftie government is too much of a pussy to tell them to quit being whiny cunts

How could I work in this field as a programmer?

You are an idiot, a dumb consumer, because of people like you the planet is dying.

Same in Switzerland with burnable, glass, PET. There are usually regular collections or staffed sites for cardboard and paper, aluminium, other metals, compostables, electronics, paint, batteries, medicine, furniture and big articles and other things - to be handed in separated.

And yet I think we've slipped behind germany, belgium, s.korea, austria and others regardless in recycling rates. Still good, but others do this a bit better.

It made. Recycling and reusing is a thing since forever.
But implementing it required monies and investment and the merchant doesn't want that.

I've wondered this too, and the best reason I can think of is that they leave that separation scheme in place in case their handling methods change in the future. Suppose in two years a company offers to buy just their paper waste stream at a good price. They don't have to worry about giving everyone a different bin and training them to separate the paper from cardboard and plastic since it's already in place.

Corruption and lazy people are to blamed on.
Seriously, fuck my neighbor. I never see him have any recycling out, while I put a decent amount of time and effort to recycle as much as I can.

You could, but it becomes a question of cost. Nobody wants to pay five dollars a gallon for tap water.

Europe recycles a lot of paper and has goals for recycling.

Maybe your place is in Europe but they just haven't organized the paper recycling yet?

Attached: mini-graph.png (174x319, 13K)

So they have to deal with their own garbage population?

Out of sight out of mind is probably their defense.

How about splitting contaminated water in hydrogen and oxygen and the contaminants then reconbining only hydrogen and oxygen?

Because that is extremely inefficient, retard.

Its good that we have unlimited green energy called nuclear fission

Destroying it costs more than just leaving it somewhere.
Researchers found a way to boil plastic waste with plasma which completely incinerated it, no particulates or matter were kept around aside from some tiny bits of charcoal which were extremely heavy/toxic elements that would never turn.

wired.com/2012/01/ff_trashblaster/
explainthatstuff.com/plasma-arc-recycling.html

No one does it, why? Because dumping it someplace and forgetting about it is cheaper.
>Oil refineries, for instance, spend $2,000 a ton to dispose of their toxic sludge with plasma gasification. But few people ever gave the technology much serious consideration for treating everyday garbage because of the high energy costs and because the heterogeneity of municipal solid waste makes it that much harder to efficiently untangle.

2,000 per ton would be absurd for regular garbage especially when you consider a city generates many thousands of tons of the stuff every hour of the day.

Attached: plasma-furnace.jpg (270x280, 10K)

PS:
The related document is the "European Declaration on Paper Recovery", EU28 + Norway and Switzerland signed, I think.

This is a pretty successful initiative as far as I can tell, but your place probably is one of the ones that didn't implement what they were supposed to, beyond the separate collection...? It'd explain how that happened.

Welcome to the modern age of being "Eco-friendly".
Be sure to clip your plastic rings while China literally dumps entire barges into the ocean.