Now what?

Ok so I installed the meme OS, now what do I do with it?

Attached: IMG_20190330_222504.jpg (4032x3024, 3.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jTLAMt9NEa41doMfr0Teg8vd7O6qlUWQ?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/open?id=1_3k18uQJy80NJg3eDaGgRoH9Kvt5FYre
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Install Gentoo.

Nothing. That was the final test. You're free now.

Post on Jow Forums and every other tech forum about how you use Linux.
You really can't do anything else with it.

Can I run blender, wine64, sdl2, audacity, musescore, qsynth, and kdenlive on this thing?

Attached: fuck_gentoo.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

>unironically being an animal that eats penguins
Imagine the smelle.

Where'd you get that mouse, user?

Would not be pleasant.
Similar to eating an actual Gentoo user.

mouse pad*

My mom bought it for me. On various separate occasions she also bought me the mousepad, a red fox themed blanket, a red fox themed journal, and a red fox themed poster. I have no idea where she got them, and in a way, I prefer it that way; all the better to remember her by.

zing shots fried (not typo)

You fell for the meme. The only thing Linux can do properly is simple web browsing, but anything else is a massive waste of time. Unless you're an autistic neckbeard with too much time and who knows his way around. But since you're asking what to do with it, I assume you're just a seasonal visitor from another website.

>The only thing Linux can do properly is simple web browsing, but anything else is a massive waste of time.
strongly disagree, it's great for game dev
>inb4 game dev is a massive waste of time
objectively wrong

yes you moron

How much did it take you to compile the kernel and all the packages?

I understand that you're trying to support Linux for philosophical reasons or whatever, but you have to realize that for a layperson, Linux is a fucking mess. I pay Microsoft once, and I'm guaranteed stability and compatibility, whereas with Linux, you can get stability if you pour hours and hours into troubleshooting. It's just too much hassle. And I've tried getting on the Linux bandwagon. I just came to realize that the time I spent trying to fix pointless crap could've translated to many days of earnings, at which point i could've bought windows 20 times over. See it just isn't worth it yet. But hey, I guess eventually if enough people use it, it will get windows level support and stability eventually.

Why do you need a wireless mouse and possibly keyboard, on a fucking desk? Especially a desk with all those wires already on it.

Go to sleep, Jaime.

Uninstall gentoo.

I had to redo it a few times, first because I didn't fully understand the purpose of USE flags and included way too many, second because I tried selecting the desktop profile and found the large number of packages that constituted the base system for that profile wasn't to my liking. With those repeats included, I'd say about 6 or 7 hours.

Because I already had them

>I understand that you're trying to support Linux for philosophical reasons or whatever,
no, I'm trying to support it because it's great for game dev

the software build toolchain is much more intuitive and well put-together than anything windows has, and you're also free to automate it in whatever way suits your project while windows development environments typically try to fit your project into a premade box instead, and on top of that you've got a considerable suite of free open-source multimedia editing tools at your disposal, which means not only do you not have to pay anything for them and pose no risk of accidentally illegally using them for commerical purposes, but, since they're open source, you can also easily roll your own small plugins for them if at any moment you find the need to do so

comfy wallpaper.
siurce please?

Sorry, it was one of a large batch I downloaded in bulk off of image search, so I have no idea. But here's a link to all of them on Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jTLAMt9NEa41doMfr0Teg8vd7O6qlUWQ?usp=sharing

Wouldn't it be Reinstall Gentoo?

i prefer joel

>vinesauce

Attached: durrdle.jpg (620x413, 52K)

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as "Meme OS" is in fact, Gentoo Linux or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Gentoo plus Linux. Gentoo is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free distro of a fully functioning Linux system made useful by the Linus Torvalds' kernel for a Unix-like operating system.

Many Chromebook users run a modified version of Gentoo Linux every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Gentoo Linux which is widely used today is often called “Meme OS”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Gentoo Linux system, developed by a specific genus of penguins.

There really is a Meme OS, and people are using it, but this is referring to a another set of related systems called BSDs. Gentoo is the distro; the "flavor" of the Linux system. Distros are an essential part of the operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete Linux kernel. Gentoo is normally used in combination with this kernel: the whole system is basically Linux with Gentoo added, or Gentoo Linux. All the so-called “Meme OS" distributions are really distributions of different BSDs.

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as "Gentoo Linux" is in fact, Linux or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free distro of a fully functioning Linux system made useful by the Mr. Linux's kernel for a Linux-like operating system.

Many Linux users run a modified version of Linux every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Linux which is widely used today is often called "Gentoo Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by a specific genus of Linux.

There really is a Gentoo Linux, and people are using it, but this is referring to a another set of related systems called penguins. Linux is the distro; the "flavor" of the Linux system. Distros are an essential part of the operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete Linux kernel. Linux is normally used in combination with this kernel: the whole system is basically Linux with Linux added, or Linux. All the so-called "Gentoo Linux" distributions are really distributions of different penguins.

great for developing babby's first python pizza grabber game but considering PC is a big gaming platform idk why you would build a game on GNU+Linux

1) You can develop for Windows on Linux.
2) Linux itself is a growing gaming platform.

No

lmao, watching a video of a game you can't play because you're retarded enough to use linux

Install the pre-compiled binary software needed to make it actually usable for a normal person in 2019.

This. Each time it feels better

Enjoy your stutter and screen tearing

Nah, you can hosts servers.

Thx Jaime.

Actually that's got nothing to do with it. I have another computer I dual boot Ubuntu and Windows on, and also a Nintendo Switch, so I could definitely play it if I wanted to. The issue is more just that my mother just unexpectedly died and I'm not really able to enjoy most things anymore. I watch videos of people playing games because that's relevant to my interests and the people playing the games are funny. And just to hear human voices. Considering I don't go outside much anymore and all. I spend the majority of my time idling away at my computer and letting Danganronpa playthroughs play in the background to satisfy my need for human connection while I try to make myself get something done. It's great.

np lol

However, I can't find that particular one.

maybe

is the OP the sanest person on Jow Forums right now?

Oh, it's this one.
drive.google.com/open?id=1_3k18uQJy80NJg3eDaGgRoH9Kvt5FYre
The picture I took was a bit misleading, I was using a monitor that didn't match the resolution of the background so the background was clipped. Link related is the full picture

Doesn't matter though, this one is pretty as well. Thx user.

nvm i figured it out on my own

The latest meme of the month, Sekiro, runs out of the box on SteamPlay