Why didn't this take off?

Literally what went wrong Jow Forums? This was supossed to end python faggotry.

Attached: Julia_prog_language.png (1914x986, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

julialang.org/blog/2019/03/debuggers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaston_Julia
youtube.com/watch?v=ijI0BLf-AH0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It doesn't have half the libraries or community.

because it's for researchers that already use matlab, r or python and julia has no ecosystem yet.

Give it some time. It's slowly gaining traction in numerics as an alternative to the C++/FORTRAN + Python bullshit.

No it's not. It's for researches who use C++/FORTRAN. If you computations are small enough to be ran in any of the ones you mentioned, there's no point in switching to Julia.

Amazing thing Julia Debugger like IDE popular languages instead of muh just use Emacs
julialang.org/blog/2019/03/debuggers

Bad thing, slow compiling, slow plotting, shit packeage mananger, No single binary executable.

These, basically they need somebody to write a proper implementation.

Perl is all you need, always.

ok my bad then

scientists are not fashionistas who switch languages whenever some no-name jackass writes a blog post titled "X considered harmful"

Heyy, that's my name! :3

Attached: AlarmedReliableAcouchi-max-1mb.gif (240x140, 97K)

It's really fucking slow, seriously try using it. I don't know why people keep telling me it's faster than numpy, it's really sad honestly

>Brainlet that doesn't understand the code needs to be compiled first before it runs fast.

This world is fucked because most programmers are just as dumb as you are

Julia is only for smart data science people who write their software from scratch. Most people who are into Deep Learning use TensorFlow, PyTorch or Keras which are written in Python and have never ever written a line of code on their own without support libraries.

Why bother learning yet another languag? Python has numerical libraries that make it good enough.

Yulia != Julia

Please respect local variations.

it's named after a woman

Python will continue to get heavy use in data science because its an easy to learn language, most of the people in data science are not trained as programmers and need a simple language that is easy to pick up.

Python has both shitty OO and shitty FP, high order functions in Python are shit. Its virtual environments for package management is an absolute joke. Julia has outstanding high order functions, it also has modern features like multithreading, Lisp-like generics and optional static typing. Julia is a non-OO language which makes it perfect for large data as methods are not tied to static data sets. Julia is a language that is designed to work with large data on the web, Python can't do that and can only be used as a wrapper over libraries implemented in faster languages.

Well, it's the same name, but different spelling.

julia sounds gay. python works and i'm too lazy to learn anything else.

Attached: akari drinku.jpg (640x640, 60K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaston_Julia

>it's named after a woman
Julia is the feminized spelling of Julio which is the spanish spelling of Julius

>because it's for researchers that already use matlab
Julia is not going to replace Matlab. The people who use Matlab are mostly engineers and scientists who use it for number crunching.

Julia and Python will both replace R which is deprecated

For anyone who is considering putting machine learning into their bag of tricks, before you commit yourself to a big name framework like TensorFlow or PyTorch its a good idea to take a look at the simple direct route with Julia:
youtube.com/watch?v=ijI0BLf-AH0

Despite its claims to be fast as a compiled language with the flexibility of a dynamic on, Julia right now has the worst of both worlds: it brings the slowness of AOT compilations to the runtime.

You can't replace python scripts with it. You have to make use of an already running julia REPL session to see the speed gains.

It indexes arrays at 1.

literal trash

show benis

Shills tried to force it on everyone
It did nothing new
Was shit
Has shit syntax
And is sexist and assumes a languages gender

Means i don't have to shift my indices by -1 when going from paper to computer.

nobody has time for that. project deadline was yesterday. work work work

>R which is deprecated
explain

R is a statistics language, not a data language

Attached: d.png (544x368, 79K)

Lmao seething rustard mad his language is threatened

Too many features, yet somehow still less powerful than Racket.