So let's recap the monitor discussion

So let's recap the monitor discussion.

>I mainly play games and surf on the web
144 Hz TN with resolution depending on the GPU

>I mainly surf the web and do office work playing slow non fps on the side
60 Hz VA 4K

>I use my computer to work for print & web design. Everything else is secondary because the computer pays the bills.
60 Hz IPS 4K

Did I miss anything?

Attached: 80s fanservice.jpg (1425x1063, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=txybuyqMWas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1440p@165hz ips for literally every category

Attached: 4lqg7i3rdpn21.png (640x688, 383K)

>TA
>VA

thats obsolete shit, anyone who still buys that shit is either poorfags or fucked in the head
Start with IPS then bump up the the size then the refresh rate depending on your budget

Well, if you have the money to burn in, then a 120Hz MLB G-Sync IPS with 1ms will be as good as a TN with the latency and such.

>I play gaymes and surf the web but also work or watch movies
120/144/165 Hz IPS, MLB and g sync if you are rich

>I watch a lot of anime and I always have my room lights off, and play some fast paced fps gaymes like Counter Strike
2560x1600 CRT 85Hz or more if you are lucky, that would be 500+$, with an AMD gpu or a 9XX or lower Nvidia card for passive adapter.

I have IPS and backlight is awful shit
Can't wait for microLED or ULED XD to mature so I can get good blacks on my PC.

Also no mention of 240hz despite it being slightly more expensive than 144, heh.

>Play FPS Games
240hz is the only choice

Keep it simple
>I play games
120hz minimum
>I don't play games
>I design/edit and its color sensitive
If you don't already know what to get then you probably don't have a need

based

Is ultra wide a meme like 4K?

>hating on VA
seriously nigga?
You should get all 3 desu each one has a use case imo.

Some VAs are absolutely horrible for games. I was fine with my Iiyama because I mostly watched movies and prioritized the black levels (which were excellent, even better than my Samsung 4K HDR TV that cost nearly 10 times as much) but some games were nearly unplayable due to the weird blinking artifacts when pixels were changing from very bright to very dark.

You should be able to turn that off/adjust it in your monitor settings no?

I like the look of my 2009 samsung 1080p tv way better than my 2016 1440p IPS monitor. Samsung as far as I can tell uses VA panels for their TV's, but people online claim IPS is supposed to look better than VA. Is it just because the monitor screen is matte and the tv screen is glossy? If that's the case, why arent more monitor screens glossy, it looks way better

Get 144 Hz IPS 1080p like a white man

can't wait for the time when microled is the only acceptable answer

fpbp
poorfags btfo

>microled
>he can't afford to replace an oled every three years

I can but I'm not retarded enough to do it.

Do you men the overdrive stuff or what ever it's called? No, as I remember that never made any difference. This is what I'm talking about by the way: youtube.com/watch?v=txybuyqMWas the way the cursor blinks while moving. I had the exact same thing when playing Grim Fandango for example. Because Manny's face is black on white, it was blinking in a similar manner whenever it moved.

and if I watch lots of anime and do programming, and sometimes play Dota?

High refresh would be nice but not really necessary for dota

VA has much better black levels (and thus contrast) than IPS. Glossy screens also tend to feel more contrasty. IPS has much better viewing angles though.

I love my LG OLED which I'm typing this on right now. Best of both with perfect blacks and no fucking clouding or backlight bleed.

Who are these semen demons?

It's from patlabor, don't remember the episode.

>4k

Overpriced meme 1080p still good.

Why do people claim ips is the best for monitors then? Viewing angles are pretty much irrelevant for a monitor

They've come down in price a lot. You can get a 4k IPS for $250 now.

Bottomed and marooncapsuled

Not at all, because you sit so close to a monitor the viewing angle definitely comes into play, especially as monitor sizes have gone up. Also higher-end, accurate professional displays tend to be IPS, I'm not sure if this related to that, if IPS is just inherently easier to make accurate or what.

I'd rather play games at 60FPS 4K, 60FPS is good enough for me and I'd rather have the image quality over higher frame rate. I'll upgrade to 4K 120/144Hz when viable options which aren't extremely expensive come out.

I don't think that's coming soon to monitors, I read that miniaturization (for high DPI) is still a problem. I'm rather looking forward for those screens which will use an extra grayscale LCD pattern to achieve per-pixel brightness control. Their black levels (and as such contrast) are supposed to be really good and the technology should be viable, since they're just LCD panels in the end.

>Viewing angles are pretty much irrelevant for a monitor
They're not irrelevant. TN viewing angles can be so garbage that you can perceive colors differently in the corners and on the sides compared to the center, even if you're staring at the monitor dead on.

Fair enough but va still has perfectly fine viewing angle for a monitor

Yeah, the VA screens I've seen were generally good enough for that.

144Hz IPS 1440P
100Hz 1152x864 CRT

Attached: snapshot_14.51_[2016.07.28_08.25.07].png (1920x1080, 3.52M)

Can you pivot VA monitors? TN and even cheap IPS monitors looks like ass in portrait mode.

It is not about VA or IPS or TN
It is about the monitor model and even there about the individual specimen.