Unicode was a mistake

Unicode was a mistake

Attached: image.png (148x127, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

revk.uk/2018/10/unicode-dicks.html
unicode.org/Public/security/8.0.0/confusables.txt
lemonde.fr/pixels/article/2019/03/02/pourquoi-vous-n-aurez-jamais-d-emoji-raclette-dans-votre-smartphone_5430435_4408996.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I see three different characters there.
What's the problem?

nigger

those are 3 different characters that serve different purposes user

It wasn't.

Attached: 1551192262338.png (819x448, 19K)

No, Unicode is critical to sociological equality through the use of equal emoji representation.

careful there user
last time i said that word on 4channel i got warned

Attached: 1553515273937.jpg (1000x718, 1.08M)

>i got warned
what the fuck, moot? Why are you this rude?

>moot
who?

Attached: 435.jpg (208x243, 8K)

the super-moderator from this forum here (over 10k karma)

I don't understand what your problem is

Unicode was a mistake. Anything more than extended Latin shouldn't have been conceived. If the third-worlders wanted to use computers, they should've invented their own shit or updated their horrible complex writing systems to the ingeniously (so ingenious that only white men could have invented it) simple Latin alphabet. Fuck you third-worlders and fuck you oversocialized white women for ruining text on computers.

But if it weren't for Unicode we wouldn't have 𓂸

Unless you're on Windows where the character is actually censored.
revk.uk/2018/10/unicode-dicks.html

Like I know what the fuck you tried to post. Some ``emoji'' maybe? I don't have that bloatshit installed. Good day.

Spotted the winfag

t. feminist on windows

unicode.org/Public/security/8.0.0/confusables.txt

>MATHEMATICAL SANS-SERIF BOLD DIGIT FOUR

Attached: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (288x499, 24K)

Is this king of quotation marks some kind of meme?
Or is it just you that is a fag?

everyone should use utf-8. we wouldn't have compatibility issues if that was the case.

Attached: de7a849c93ff9bd5b173f6767b5dfa49.jpg (600x900, 402K)

It is the ``king'' of quotation marks indeed. Now piss off, tard.

𓂀

This actually is retardad. We we should have universal text formatting method instead of Unicode. It would solve many problems, like pic related, emoji modifiers, letter accents, language specific letters and people trying to name their children emojis.
Unfortunately this won't happen, bcoz:
>It would be incompatible with ascii
>you see some fonts don't have all unicode characters? Imagine some Web pages didn't have all character pages implemented and either restricted use of źążółćńę, or let through some modifier system breaking signs
>it would further fragment everything
>M$ wouldn't implement it bcoz "muh Office monies"

No, everyone should use ASCII. If they can't write their subhuman languages in ASCII, then they must either stop using computers or latinize their shitty scripts.

In typography maybe. But there you have proper quotation marks from Unicode, matching your country.
But why use here 2 times 2 different characters, when you can use 2 the same " characters?
Also ' is already used as an apostrophe. It just sometimes confused people and parsers too.
` I find completely useless.

Throwaway internet comments are typographic, genius. And in good typography we use ``curly'' quotes not shitty "straight" quotes (inb4 ``this'' doesn't look curly to me: get a real font, shit-eater).

Technology should serve us, not the other way around.

Also can't you just change the way your own Lang is written, so it matches the spelling? Every non-retarded language has either this, or writes by meaning, not by sound (look Asia)

Actually, you convinced me. It just is uncomfortable that I had to use 2 characters at the beginning in opposition to either 1 " or 2 apostrophes at the end.
And that no programming supports it. And it would make writing code easier.

I am in fact NOT a native English speaker, fuck-face. My language is 100% ASCII compatible and has virtually phonetic orthography. And who are ``us''? The weak and the inept? Miss me with that gay shit!

呪穢多祟疚堕別離苦独悔惨悩恨死呪
穢殺罰嫌屠酷離餓惡別敗病毒呪腐穢
多葬別犯飢貧死忌罪憎離禍穢井多多
祟別醜魔離邪怨劣狂厄糞臭妬祟死祟
疚忌嫌禍餓死病狂葬離臭別貧罰憎疚
堕酷魔離敗劣腐糞飢殺嫌酷別惡病堕
別腐犯貧別死忌離嫌禍餓邪病狂葬別
離臭死呪殺別罰憎酷魔敗劣離腐糞離
苦飢疚殺罪屠別醜惡怨苦離毒厄犯苦
毒堕村別妬忌嫌禍餓独允悔邪離病独
悔狂離葬臭貧災罰憎酷惨魔敗劣死悔
惨離腐糞飢災殺罪屠醜別惡怨毒厄惨
悩犯妬殺憎離餓怨腐臭殺罰悩別憎悩
恨醜敗腐妬憎敗別離犯死恨伸死忌恨
死罪嫌屠酷餓惡敗別病毒腐呪葬離死
呪穢多祟疚堕別離苦独悔惨悩恨死呪

Same. I'm a Poland-face.
But I think it's far quicker to just invent and implement some unicode shit, than to wait for all the languages to change.

And yes. "Us" are the humans. The weak and the inept. But smart. Intelligent
And with that intelligence we managed to make our life far easier, i.e. we don't have to walk a mile for fresh water.
Why did we invent computers? To make computing and transferring data easier and quicker.
We, humen (humans?) invented it. And it should comply to US , not the other way around.

I agree, languages should be uniform, but I don't see it happening in nearest future.

Yes unicode is a mistake
you just can't try to represent every character and every way to write it
and why would ameritards decide for the entire world what characters are valid ?
it is another example of american cultural imperialism
btw emojis are a cancer too
where are regional flags like flags of bretagne, provence, catalogne ?
Unicode is refusing real food like raclette cheese because it is "not universal enough"
look up that article :
lemonde.fr/pixels/article/2019/03/02/pourquoi-vous-n-aurez-jamais-d-emoji-raclette-dans-votre-smartphone_5430435_4408996.html
but hopefully the entire world can enjoy donuts or pizza emoji and fatten like amerifags
kys unicode consortium

What is this user? Google isn't helping.

BTW, can someone recommend me an Android screen keyboard when I can define my keys? I'd like to have proper quotation marks AND my żółćs with no retarded switching between keyboards

The ``us'' you speak of is in fact not the _humans_, but the _subhumans_. The difference? You subhumans are the weak and the inept! We humans are the strong and the able. And no, you subhumans did not invent computers! That is purely a human invention.

The ``wait'' you mention is not a problem we humans face. That's all on you subhumans.

Do you have an actual border where the humans end and subhumans begin? Bcoz maybe I think the same.

Or is it just generic Jow Forums speak? Because I hope not.

There is no procedure. I know it when I see it.

Chin Chong unicode verry gud

Ew no, there's nothing good about it. The whole CJK business was fucked up so bad it's insane.

Han Unification was a terrible idea. The whole point of Unicode was that you could express any language in plain text without any out-of-band signalling about what language it was. Now you have to make sure to tag lang="jp" or lang="zh" in HTML unless you want your hanzi to look like kanji or vice versa. For plain .txt files you have no idea whether the reader's text editor will pick a Japanese font or a Chinese one.

Thank you, I've been trying to find a mapping such as this for a while today.

Imagine being this mad

Your example is actually a nice example of something which makes Unicode nice: the standard hyphen is identical in ASCII as in Unicode. If a computer cannot interpret Unicode, it will try ASCII and it will get some basic characters right. It's backwards compatibility. The other dashes aren't in ASCII and so have later values.

Are there any text editors that can highlight characters based on how many bytes they take up?

hero moot has higher karma bitch hahahahahahaha