What's the best free excel alternative Jow Forums?

what's the best free excel alternative Jow Forums?

is there one that's as good or do i just pirate excel? thanks

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

onlyoffice.com/download-desktop.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ur gay fuk u faget

They're all shit.

Excel is the best by far and I am not even ironical.

It's sad but there isn't any, for linux at least.

Maybe use it in a VM or depending on your work use RStudio/Jupyter

The one found in Office 2010

The best free alternative for spreadsheets is gdocs.
The best alternative for keeping track of stuff is a local database.

>Google drive
You're welcome

thanks
kys

SEETHING

Excel is above and beyond the best spreadsheet program. If you’re planning on using it in a professional setting and actually exploring its functionality, just buy a student version.
If you using it to do simple shit like calc a mortgage or make a financial budget though, any excel clone will do.

Softmaker Office Planmaker

Libreoffice Calc

that's a lot of chocolate

LibreOffice Calc And SC-IM They are by far the best spreadsheet editors to exist. Just name one single feature Calc is missing that Excel Has
Protip: you cant

BASED

who uses a spreadsheet program in 2019? what possibly for ffs

even programmers do

This.

Emacs

very curious, what for? literally why not use an sql-variant for databasing

Spreadsheets are a quick way to look over data and find some basic statistics. I knocked them at first but now I use them relatively often.

Why do companies have a hard on for Excel?
It's like everything has to be an Excel spreadsheet.
My work forced me to use Excel to track F22 raptor Afterburner dimensions. Even though the specs I was tracking were so simple I didn't need some stupid spreadsheet.

Pirate or buy a key off of ebay for lik $10. Excel is worthit.

group think is prevalent in tech, it's actually quite disgusting

whaaa? on Android it's free

google docs

Full Visual Basic compatibility

based and orgpilled

How well does Crossover work for excel 2016? Does it keep all its functionality and features? Currently dual booting and hate switching back and forth.

Attached: 1552968488490.jpg (1080x1047, 250K)

VBA, fuckhead.

I don't know. I got an offer from Western Digital to my student email and they said they required lots of experience with Excel and Microsoft word. Big yikes from me.

Only Office is pretty good. Cross platform, open source, and uses xlsx/docx/pptx files

onlyoffice.com/download-desktop.aspx

How does it work for learning data analysis? I'm looking at taking a few courses and they have different series and either Excel, Python, or R.

Attached: f5e14e21c2c4d097eef59a93a40a4506.jpg (1196x1605, 224K)

wine + exel

COPE

>unironically using visual basic

t. neet

NEETs get neck therapy on DOTR.

all free spreadsheet software is total dogshit. You can buy a 2019 office plus license on ebay for around $12. It will be the best money you ever spent if you actually have significant data to analyze. Pivot tables are charts get my dick hard.

you literally don't even know how visual basic works inside a program like excel.

>buying stolen KMS keys instead of doing it yourself for free
Literally technology illiterate

Get on kinguin. Legit keys.

sc-im is a good option to consider, but it doesn't has the stuff that excel offers by far.

I don't think it's possible to tell whether the key comes from KMS or is permanent. Getting a temporary KMS key is dead easy so I think it's safe to assume 99% of the keys sold like this are from KMS. Eventually, they still expire or be revoked after a refund time is over.

librecalc & google calc are far better than excel and have much better features. You can't even copy html tables into excel.
If you want a alternative to excel idk one, but you can try one of the superior programs that are available.

>wants smaller government
>gargles cop and soldier semen all day every day

>ironical
Ok Holden
Libre Office

gnumeric

R and Python. Spreadsheet software is for low IQ wage slaves.

Pivot tables open doors though.

Nothing really compares to Excel.

What can pivot tables do that you can't do in any programming language?

Redpill me on pivot tables. I see them mentioned in every Excel thread but I don't understand how they're significantly useful.

They get suit wearing assholes moister than oyster.

Isolate and classify data quick fast and in a hurry based upon whatever parameter you want

You can quickly manage and sort through data. You can read in tables from online or a SQL table or other data source and make quick pivot reports. It's a way to turn data into something more tangible for decision making

To be well rounded know Python/R AND Excel.

Powerpivot has Business Analytics functions and Data Analysis tools and can handle millions of rows much quicker that original pivot tables. Powerpivot also lets you create Dimension tables and define relationships between your tables. You can also make live dashboards that can give you things like sales data and add interactive charts and stuff. I've even seen people use it to create live stock feeds.

Not stolen retard. Legit microsoft product keys are all over for cheap. Enterprise overflow

Pivot tables allow you to quickly sort and analyze data in endless ways. They have visual componet with graphs. Visual vasic programming makes sky the limt, and you can upload to sql and fuck around with powerbi. There is a reason why companies hire people who know exel. Excel can be programmed to do nearly anything with data-to the point of having your own custom software.

Nothing is as flexible as excel.
For basic spreadsheeting libre is your best bet.

Personally use Excel for work and google botnet sheets for private use.

org mode lmao

Excel is the absolute standard, and you're a fucking illiterate faggot if you don't know how to use it.

Seriously, if there's one piece of advice I would give to any High School dip shit, it's to get off your ass and learn EVERYTHING you can about using Excel and building spreadsheets.

If you can't work a spreadsheet by the time you get out of High School, that's about equal to not knowing how to read.

What's the best way to pirate Microsoft Office via Linux?
KMSPico doesn't work.

This is through wine. Office 2010 installs and works, it just doesn't activate.

Not him, but I'm in the military and I wish people would fucking quit the faux hero worship.
It's counterproductive in any sort of discussion about a war when everyone is like OMG SUPPORT THE TROOPS GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Can you just give it one of the volume license keys and not let it access the internet?
I seem to remember it would just put a red banner on part of the window indicating activation problems, but not actually restrict anything.

I have used it in regular wine and it was fine. Only flaw I found was not being able to copy certain content out of the application. Like when you take a screenshot, you had to paste it in Excel, then copy that and paste it somewhere else.
Otherwise it worked great. It has been a few years since I tested it, maybe somethings have changed.

Word 97

What are some good books, courses to learn excel at leas at intermediate level without any programing knowledge ?
I want to start learning during my boring night shifts at work.
I downloaded some books but are basic. I want to learn what every function does and how to combine them. I have some excel programs at work with 3 lines of combined formulas. I want to learn the logic behind them, coz just following cells stops making sense at some point

libreoffice sheets

Dual boot is the way to go still.

the "tools" of data science are R/Python (models and munging), SQL (get that data), and Excel (interacting with non-DS).

pick R or Python to start. knowing both is better.

LibreOffice Calc and Gnumeric ( there may be other open source spreadsheets too I'm forgetting. I think there is one more high performance one.). Of course you can use web based things too.

Excel is probably the most powerful and flexible but that is because over years people asked it to so things that were better done in other types of applications. For instance a database, complex scripting math ops....etc shouldn't be done in Excel but lots of companies foul that up. If you need spreadsheets stuff then you're good with those I mentioned.

You might be able to throw in OpenOffice or something, if you only need baseline spreadsheet functionality.

The tool that genuinely has no fucking replacements is Access. And not even Microsoft fucking bothers with anything beyond barebones maintenance update.
The SQL dialect is atrociously limited and queries and forms are buggy as fuck. And the built-in graphing functionality is hidden in some corner of the tool and looks like it wasn't update since 1993.
The fucking error messages of SQL and VBA make me want to shoot a nigger. There's literally a "expression too complex" error that you can get with SQL, where it refuses to give you any hint of the actual issue, as opposed to at least giving you a cryptic (and sometimes misleading) hint.

And yet there's nothing like it. It's just perfect for easily rolling out small database applications with decent GUIs, despite all of fucked up issues.

Thank you. You have no idea how many questions you answered.

excel isn't better, it just feels better because we're used to it's fuckery since we've been finding workarounds to make it work how we want/need for the last 30 years. We're literally brainwashed into using it, moving onto libre office calc felt like I was going through abstinence breakdowns, but I eventually got used to it.

>flexible.
solver plugin was like 5/6k back in the day. It comes with the default libreoffice install, I think since their very first release.
there was an entire industry built around excel, very profitable.

Rolled 5 (1d6)

notepad + calc

Standardized so all aspects of the company (dev, business, compliance, QA) can handle the documents just as you. Can you imagine telling someone from compliance to install Gentoo?

Wps is pretty okay

hey OP please do the needful and don't pirate excel. Even if you think that by doing so you'd be sticking up to M$ ass, you're still actively helping them maintain dominance, they might publicly say that they're very much against your pirating but in truthfullness they're quite happy that end users flock to it, pirated or not. It all comes to them in a way, even if you're simply illicitly training yourself to use that tool legitimately on your job (that used to be adobe's approach to autocad as well). Losing gov and companies contracts though, now, that really worries them.

>Losing gov and companies contracts though, now, that really worries them.
As long as libreoffice continues to lack the features excel has then they don't have anything to worry about.

who the FUCK is buying chocolate raisins, let alone for $36???

I use google sheets for pretty basic sheets and it does the job. There are some things that Excel does a little better or a little easier, but google sheets has a few pros of its own. If I want to make a sheet that can scrape websitea for data, its much easier in google sheets for me. If I need to make a sheet with complex functions, I'll probably need Excel

Best free alternative is either libreoffice calc or google sheets.
Excel is far enough ahead of both though that if you require it for work or advanced functionality you should just pirate it.

>libreoffice continues to lack the features excel has
that's quite literally propaganda, not to mention it's the exactly the other way around. Libre office has many extra things for free whereas excel the same things can end up costing a lot for their counterparts

Spread32
>bonus: Snoopy