Is the RGB meme finally dead?

>manufacturers are actually using the lack of LEDs as a selling point

can we just go back to green or amber boards without stupid colors all over the place?

Attached: death_to_rgb.jpg (1257x1289, 331K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WAbl0fLY06U?t=60
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The RGB fad was designed to artificially drive mobo prices up.

I also love when they can't even put half-decent integrated audio in 150$+ boards, most of them still have alc892

This would've been a good mobo if they hadn't swapped the ram to the top. Cooler manufacturers likely won't account for top loaded ram for compatability.

The female power cable locations looks comfy though.

Its designed for overclocking autism

aren't lga patterns square anyways? Just rotate the cooler

the EVGA boys did a lockout test, because the socket is rotated there isn't an issue with the location

having only 2 slots is kind of shitty but realistically I can't remember the last time I didn't add RAM to a board without replacing the original kit with higher density modules

really hoping this board layout and port scheme kicks off though, if they were to swap the dual-gbe for a 10gbe port and kill the ps/2 ports/USB 3.0 and unnecessary wifi module for another two 3.1 ports

really don't understand why we're still putting so fucking many SATA ports on high-end boards either, give me two more U.2 ports

for fuck's sake why can't I find a legacy-free board? this thing is $500

The dimm slots are designed for best possible latency for overclocking

>mad over ps/2
Why?
>more u.2 ports
theres physically not enough bandwidth on the cpu to allow that

Just buy professional wares. ECC RAM and all that stuff. No gayming to be found there.

>go back to green or amber boards
no we cant

leds are stupid but fuck that shit, doesnt look premium much less discrete, fuck that

>mad over ps/2
PS/2 is outdated, I haven't used a PS/2 peripheral in 15 years, easily

>theres physically not enough bandwidth on the cpu to allow that
U.2 is just an NVMe form factor, so two more x8 lanes

It would just cut off an entire X16 slot at the bottom there, there's plenty of bandwidth available. And nobody runs 3x cards nowadays even in high-end systems because modern GPU companies don't know how to write drivers that scale

agreed I think all boards should just be black, it makes it easier to find traces and see board components

Do manufacturers still use PLX to get 2x16 PCIe? It doesn't affect gayming much but for a budget/hobbyist render machine the performance bump was worth it.

>intel 115x
>16 pcie 3.0 lanes
>dmi for pch (pcie x4)
you're splitting a shitloads of bandwith

it says 24x on here, so you could only add one extra U.2 based on this?

damn, AMD really has a PCIe lane superiority with their chips, didn't realize Intel was this far behind on bandwidth on their enthusiast platform

Attached: z390block.jpg (928x941, 142K)

>side mouneted power sockets

for once this gaymer meme is useful for something

I think the point of the thread is that the board is anti-gamer because no rainbow faggotry

i don't think I've ever actually met a "gamer" that knows how to overclock anyway

>24x*
>*
That doesnt mean you're going to get 24 full lanes of bandwidth

ryzen currently gives you a x16 for a gpu, a x4 for m.2, and a x4 to the pch

Is RGB dead because one hardcore overclocking board doesn't have it? No, you fucking retard.

A small amount of high end boards do. The Asus WS Z390 Pro and Supermicro C9Z390-PGW are the only two Z390 boards with a PLX chip.

You're missing the fact that every device using PCIe lanes from the chipset instead of the CPU is funneled through the DMI link, which only has bandwidth equivalent to four PCIe 3.0 lanes and so cripples everything.

>it makes it easier to find traces and see board components
i think it is the opposite

boards used to be coloured like that for the production line, colours meant something to them, now to me, as a consumer who lived through the beige computer era, that couldn't possibly have any purpose, the only thing that was easier to find back then were traces of dust and stain, nothing else

and if you open anything that isn't meant to be opened like razer/alienware shit, you will ironically find those old school colours inside

modern motherboards need 2x8 pin power connectors now? wat

If you can’t understand why an overclocking board would have PS/2 ports then maybe that motherboard isn’t for you

>need
Nah. It's option for muh xtreem ln2 overclocking.
A single 8 pin handles a 300W CPU comfortably.

>imagine if you could just go into the bios and disable the RGB with one click
>nah lets make 5000 posts about how much we hate rgb

Oh okay I get it now. Thanks.

Do you have a link or something that explains PCI-Express more in-depth?

I'm aware of the fastboot issue and the whole "n-key rollover" bullshit. I'm saying that the number of people who actually have PS/2 devices is minimal and I'd rather have 2x USB in the same amount of space

Wake me when I can go get a beige box with a turbo button

>paying extra money for shit you don't need

>link
no this is basic diagram reading

>>imagine if you could just go into the bios and disable the RGB
Yeah that would be nice, fucking MSI.
No I don't want to install your shitware just to turn off the lightshow, cunts.

>Is the RGB meme finally dead?
Linus on suicide watch!

>2 ram slots
what?

Hopefully the next Ryzen chipset has ITX boards without RGB

Attached: 1551192165823.gif (350x409, 437K)

> I'm aware of the fastboot issue and the whole "n-key rollover" bullshit. I'm saying that the number of people who actually have PS/2 devices is minimal and I'd rather have 2x USB in the same amount of space
Shows how much you don’t know
Under liquid nitrogen cooling which is what that board is going to be used for, the USB controllers can get cold bugged causing them not to function. PS/2 can be another way to use a keyboard and mouse if this happens as they are less likely to get cold bugged as the superIO chip that provides PS/2 support is located way far away from where the cold is

Learn to read niglet

MSI dont have this feature ? lol its literally right on the retard layout for ASUS

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

fukken saved

Man I prefer PS/2 keyboards and mouse connections but Nitrogren cooling is such a niche use case.

Get a USB hub and some 3M mounts you lazy shit

Nope, not in their AM4 boards at least.
Though they only just added voltage offset a couple months ago that is an absolutely vital feature for X chips so they may yet fix it.

>EVGA
youtu.be/WAbl0fLY06U?t=60

>Nitrogren cooling is such a niche use case
>niche motherboard is the subject of this whole conversation

Attached: 1531157597855.jpg (1024x768, 141K)

When talking about an EVGA Dark motherboard, liquid nitrogen is not a niche use case it’s what the board was designed to do. If you where talking about any other board then maybe you had a point

>WCCFTECH

Green looks enterprise
Blue and red look like old chinkshit
black looks like chinkshit targeted to gamers, aka unstable meme garbage

White would be sublime.

If you're putting this board inside a case or using it for audio, you're a fucking retard.

>chinkshit
chinks have nothing to do with this

It has a lot to do with it. Pretty much all gaymer boards are "designed in taipei" and are made to appeal to retarded children whose hobby is to plug computer parts together and who buy parts based on how well it will look in their retarded gaymer case with window.

Where are all these non-chink designed motherboards then?

In servers and workstations

>designed
source: your ass

it is just the new industry standard, it has nothing to do with chinks

And what exactly is wrong with the ALC892?

Pretty much all gaymer board makers are situated in taiwan. Chinkshit.

"makers" in the same way that niggers "built" america right? is that what you mean? LOL

anything "enterprise" just isn't in any way, shape, or form relevant nowadays on a global level, the industry is far removed from those days, and retarded is having enterprise design on a computer that just meant sit on my bedroom collecting dust

>TW = Mainland China.
Go back to sucking Trump dick.

>"republic of china"
>not chinkshit
go back to Jow Forums and buy more chinkshit

>I'm a stupid boomer who can't turn LEDs off.
Pathetic you losers enjoyed beige then black boxes for 20 years and when stuff finally gets cool you wanna ruin it, ever have a real party with friends, my PC is worth having in eye shot because it lights up the whole room, and yes it has an off switch, and you wanna bring back ugly ass green PCBs? Who are you dell?

$200 board don't even have decent integrated wifi or bluetooth in the first place.

>buy more chinkshit
everything is manufactured in china, it is not like i have an option

>tfw now you have to pay more for a mobo without LEDs

That's like complaining about a sportscar not having a Nav system. The 'all in one' motherboards make a lot of engineering trades to be convenient. They're the Hyundai Elantra of boards.

any examples?

usually they either cut corners or make you pay for the leds

>colored leds
>cool
>in current decade

>calls others boomers

Attached: 1515616087272.jpg (716x716, 110K)

theres nothing wrong with RGB, you can change it to whatever color you want or turn it off completely. why would you want less options?

shut up weeb if you have a glass side panel and white LEDs you can literally put your figurines in there like a display case

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RGB LOOKS GOOD. If you don't have it on retarded settings it makes your PC look sexy. Preferably keep the LEDs on bright white for a Kino looking PC>

Serious computers are utilitarian workhouses and just tools

>Serious computers are utilitarian workhouses and just tools
By your dumbass logic why do they paint corvettes and other sports cars or if you really think you are smart why do they paint front loaders and backhoes

paint reduces corrosion
it's not rocket science

>2X8 CPU connectors
Why? Sorry for asking but I still run on 775 and my motherboard has 8 of them

>why do they paint front loaders and backhoes
For practical reasons. Your comparison doesn't make sense.

>Having lights in a computer case is impractical
Try working on it in the dark with two hands then

>working on it while it's powered

and now tell me why that wouldn't apply to computers, I know yours is barely painted steel ready for the rust pile, but some us us like to take ours places and not hide them under a desk for 15 years talking about "muh 2500k still does it for me"

>needing the computer to be on for the lights to work
bet ali express water cooling is up next huh poorfag?

>having stupid lights in it that need their own psu

I bet your clown ass still uses a DVD drive too, explain how cool cases like this (I owned one) existed in like 2005 yet cases just chose to stay ugly for 10 more years on average, it's fault of laggards like you that keeps this industry from moving at any good speeds

Attached: I HATE THIS NEW RGB FAD.jpg (640x480, 23K)

That looks like a tacky piece of shit. I'm sure you really were proud of the pentium 4 board and geforce 5200 in it when you were 6.

Very nice tower

your salty ass making fun of my ass for having a way cooler case than you consistently for the last 25 years

Attached: BitchNigga.jpg (1003x522, 140K)

left: "muh dark like my soul minimalism" meme case, probably early 2010s, made out of paper thin aluminium.
right: stupid fingerprint magnet ""minimalism"", doesn't even have the power button or USB ports at any convenient place. Likely doesn't even have status LEDs.

Most modern cases moved the front ports to the top, which is actually really nice for those who keep their PC by their feet, and most cases still have the indicator lights but tell me, why do you need to know when something is reading your drive in 2019?

>which is actually really nice for those who keep their PC by their feet
aka people who don't need any of the RGB rice anyway and who like to clean the dust out of their pcs every month
>why do you need to know when something is reading your drive in 2019?
Because I'm not only using nvme ssds

Me either I have 1 nvme, 1 Sata SSD and 4 HDDs, why would I need to know when they are in use, I know based on what application I'm using which drive would be used, and just because it's down by their feet doesn't mean they can't see it when they walk into the room

Everything about this motherboard was God tier until I noticed where they decided to place the RAM slots.

Jesus fucking christ, what were they thinking?
This can't be a standard consumer product.

If they make a version with the RAM in the standard area, it'd be amazing. People would eat this shit up, I know I would especially for how great cable management would look thanks to the CPU power headers being on the side next to the 24pin connector. It's like a dream.

Attached: 2016-08-27 (4).jpg (474x843, 62K)

>reading comprehension

X299 Dark for 200$ off eBay. You poor fags buying your Ryzen board for 300$

This motherboard is not for your "standard" consumer product
This motherboard is built for overclocking and somewhere down the line an engineer decided that the socket and ram needed to be reorientated in order to accommodate the VRM and RAM latency desired

Selling the solution to a problem you engineered yourself is a basic money-making tactic.

I figured that after the fact, I just hope enough word of mouth comes back to them of people wanting this same board layout but with the RAM slots placed where they usually are.

This is too good of an advancement in design to limit it only to niche users that do hardcore overclocking.

Attached: 2016-08-27 (1).jpg (958x538, 65K)

I sure wish EVGA wasn't an Intelvidia exclusive manufacturer. Asus is decent for high-end PCB componentry but not quite there at times.

At least they do one thing very well

Amd cpu's have never been as interesting to overclock, dbauer says so, which is probably why

never does it mention the existence of 4 or more slots, but it does show the 2 slot mobo. What's your point?

Radeon GPUs on the other hand don't require as many hardmods and can still be played around with relatively well when it comes to BIOS modding. Plus voltage controls. I'm borrowing Buildzoid's opinion there.

currently with Ryzen it has no real OC'ing headroom since most of them only get about plus 200mhz, maybe if Zen 2 OCs well you'll see some very nice x570 boards made with this purpose in mind

graphics card owner was a negroid, something EVGA cannot legally block the sales to in most countries, for real tho a big issue we will see pop up is launch 20 series Nvidia card's GDDR6 fail since one of the three manufacturers fucked up

Attached: YOU'RE A MAD MAN WONG BURGER.png (512x512, 82K)

it has RGB

Attached: 66.jpg (365x343, 26K)

It started out so good
>8 SATA 6G ports
>Dual Gigabit LAN
But then
>Only 2 ram slots
>Max 32GB RAM
>Wifi
>Beyond retarded M.2 placement
>MDP insteda of second USB-C
>Retarded Gold aesthetic

illya?

Really liking the cutaway with right angle power connectors, Vertical 8-pin and 24-pin connectors are a nightmare. So are USB headers

Chinkshit refers to literal shit made by chinks. Taiwan is more like chinkgold because it's had a higher standard of quality than most of the west since like the 80s minimum, 2nd only to Japan

There's only 2 ram slots for overclocking reasons you fucking inbred retard

That's a male Russian name, shishou

Attached: 1535323739906.jpg (572x800, 77K)