Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: moremikayuu.jpg (1200x729, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/do-not-change-linux-files-using-windows-apps-and-tools/
asus.com/us/Networking/USB-N13/
windirstat.net/
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/privacy
cloudflare.com/privacypolicy/
pastebin.com/raw/Tk7Emtfv
amazon.com/dp/B00NMXY2MO
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If I buy one of these things, is is possible to mix both of the inputs into a single virtual input with JACK?

Basically I want to be able to:
>Input both mic and guitar
>Monitor mic + guitar + PC audio
>Use mixed mic + guitar input as a mic in VOIP applications

Also, how much of a headache am I going to have running both pulse and jack together? Does pulseaudio-module-jack make everything seamless or am I going to keep having to diagnose audio problems?

Attached: UMC204HD_P0BK0_Right_L.png (800x335, 371K)

Reposting from last thread:
Is it okay to forward both the Internal and External ports? From what I gather, Internal is used for LAN shit and External is for outside connections.

For some reason my router won't let me forward just the external ports, and is it normal to be limited to one device for the open port?

Attached: 1530758942322.png (774x129, 11K)

Can I switch from heaphones to speakers with the front switch?

FX Audio DAC-X6

Attached: 51Q88VpsHML._SL1000_.jpg (1000x762, 41K)

How to correctly update BIOS on a new motherboard? For example: a new motherboard has a "version 1.0" and manufacturer's site has the latest "version 3.0", should I update to a "version 2.0" and then on a final 3.0 or can I update from v1 to v3? I mean it's most likely possible but would it be the correct way of doing this to avoid bugs or conflicts?

Not a network expert by any means but I'd assume that internal and external is a mapping, you're mapping the specified external ports of your router to the specified ports on your computer on the "internal" network.

So you could have a webserver running at port 80 on your computer (the internal port), but set it to be mapped to port 8080 or something on your router (the external port).

Oh I guess that makes sense, cheers.
I'll just keep them all uniform, since I just need it for a vidya game

Okay, so I built a new PC.
>CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
>MB: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
>RAM: 2x 8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum

Now, there are three problems left to which I couldn't find a solution, otherwise it's running smoothly.
1.) My system says there are only 7.95GB of my 16GB RAM usable. I tried the solutions google showed me to no avail.
2.) There's regularly a random device disconnect sound appearing every 30 or so seconds. I couldn't locate a faulty USB port/cable.
3.) My headset (Logitech G231) isn't making any sound. At first it wasn't even being recognized unlike my other audio devices (which run fine btw), until I changed the setting in the Realtek Audio manager for the front audio jack.

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone here can provide a solution to any of these problems.
(I'll be back in one or two hours)

Attached: Sabrina (hizuki akira) 1.jpg (660x819, 441K)

Also, I'm using Win7. I already fixed Microsoft's update block for Win7 on Ryzen.

best way to find drivers for arbitrary hardware?

Does anyone here manage to create a windows 10 system image using windows backup that starts with an EFI partition? I keep reading that WBENGINE doesnt like efi partitions and that Microsoft is phasing this feature out. I keep getting error 0x807800C5. I've tried backing up to freenas, other windows machine and external drives using ftp, smb and now iscsi.

if you put in each stick of RAM individually does the RAM show as 8gb for both sticks?

how do i fix Jow Forums catalog view?
fuck you hiroshitmoot and your malwares

can't post on pol whats the fuck with taht?

how do I set a router + ap combo? my main router has ip 192.168.1.1 , can I set my ap ip as 192.168.1.2? do I need to disable dhcp on my ap after that?

Attached: 1549340420371.jpg (336x422, 92K)

yes

I wanted to do something like that to avoid having to unplug my headphones.
I ended up buying a 7 bucks USB DAC then selecting audio source on Windows sound settings.

once I moved everything on 1.2 and connected my lan cable in the wan port it changed the ip back to 0.1. is my router dumb? I have one more around if need to

I was connecting a fan to my motherboard and it sparkled a little and something where the 24 pin header is connected blow up, and obviously smells like burned shit.
I turned it off (yeah, I was plug-in the fan with the pc on) and disconnected it all.
Now I have removed the gpu and such, connected everything and it seems to be working just fine.
I will upgrade to Zen 2 as my system is a hasswell machine, but I need my PC to hold it up ubtik it releases and such.
Is it was just a capacitor or whatever that blew up, can I just solder a new one from another mobo I have lying around? I think they have the same stuff, I'd check it before, or maybe just order some from AliExpress.

Any of you ever experienced clicking noises from a WD HDD? I guess it's from random read/access.
Currently happening on a friend's Caviar Black. It had 31% fragmentation so I'm not sure if that could cause it.
Any reason for this to happen? How do I fix it? HDD looks healthy on CrystalDiskInfo.

The Linux API is very well documented. It's even (very) closely based on POSIX, which is an extremely detailed published standard that many systems follow. In fact, many BSDs implement a very similar POSIX-like interface, which is licensed under BSD license and so could be used as a starting point or reference model when implementing a new one.

So why does Windows not have anything at all similar to Wine? Best thing they have is WSL which is, to the best of my understanding, pretty much a VM. Interaction between the subsystem and the host is highly limited and restricted, from what I've seen. Surely being 100% compatible with all things Linux could be a selling point?

Are these still available for purchase anywhere? Mine is on its death bed and I need a new one.

Attached: 31N7ENCV2ZL.jpg (500x437, 13K)

WSL is good enough for me.

This question seems dumb to me. Yes, IF it was a capacitor that blew up, then replacing it will fix the mobo. Can you solder in a new one? I don't know, can you? Soldering isn't very hard, so probably yes even if you have no experience, but nobody can answer this question for sure other than yourself. Can you use one from another mobo you have lying around? That entirely depends on if it's the right cap. There's absolutely no way to answer this without knowing the exact models of the motherboards and then looking up their circuit diagrams or something, meanwhile you have both mobos in front of you and can just look to check. (Also mobos have more than a single type of cap on them, generally.)

So, I guess, yeah, IF it was a capacitor that blew up, AND you have a proper replacement, then yes, you could fix it. Was that your question? If so, alright, though it seems self-evident to me. If not, you really need to provide more details.

Very good, user! Now read the post and actually answer the question that was asked there.

Can I get math symbols inside of markdown? Markdown just seems perfect for note taking except I don't know any markdown previewer that supports math.

Is there a way I could automatically download everything an artist I follow on Patreon posted in full size/quality?

I don't get it. can't I just use the same subnet for all the access points in my house? why do I need to set wan ip to 192.168.1.100 and lan ip to 192.168.0.1?
>main router ip is 192.168.1.1
>ap1 wan ip is 192.168.1.100
>ap1 lan ip is 192.168.0.1
>ap2 lan ip is 192.168.0.2 somehow
what is this bullshit? is this hardcoded crap in the firmware?

WSL is exactly like wine, it's not a VM.
They just didn't implement everything yet, hence some stuff doesn't work.
It's also meant to be purely as a development tool, not something to run production code on.

That is the answer. I can run all the linux programs I need on WSL. In my experience it's basically just a wine analogue.

>WSL is exactly like wine
Really? Huh, while I haven't used it myself I've seen classmates using it and encountering issues like the inability to really share files between the Linux environment and the host filesystem. Maybe they were just brainlets, then.

Alright, thanks.

Get the new model.

The WSL root is somewhere in the windows file system, and windows mount points are available in WSL's /mnt directory. I find it convenient because it's much more lightweight than a VM with easier interop.

let's say I have two HDDs installed, one for each OS, and I boot from HDD1, do both of them keep spinning and working indefinitely or does HDD2 stay "shut down"?

WSL has access to the same files as windows has.
So if I want to access files on the C drive you go to /mnt/c/.
You can even create windows invalid files and have explorer cry about it then. (NUL for example)

You should not use windows file explorer to browse the subsystems main directory, as it messes with its permission.
See more here devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/do-not-change-linux-files-using-windows-apps-and-tools/

One of the next windows versions the file explorer gets its own menu for WSL, you can browse the files without having to use the console.

How come there's no Alita Battle Angel blu-ray rip when they blu-ray has already been out for a while now?

Attached: 1554044821417.jpg (1536x2048, 548K)

Nice, so my classmates were just brainlets.

Retard here, planning on going from a 22" 1680 x 1050 CCFL backlit display (acer x223w) to a 4K IPS 27" one (LG 27UD58-B) once I finish this year at uni.
I don't game, but I might sell my 1050 and get an RX 580 since they are so cheap now.

How much of an upgrade would this be, and is it worth 400 leafbucks if I use my PC a lot?

In theory, absolutely (unless Patreon wants to somehow detect you and lock you out, which is unlikely). In practice, I don't know if any good scrapers for specifically this purpose exist.
If you have any knowledge at all how HTTP APIs work (basically you have an idea how websites are loaded through requests, rather than assuming magic) I think it should be trivial to make your own scraper in whatever language you want.

Now if instead you were asking what Pateron's API for getting full-size images is, I have no clue. You'll have to open up the network monitor in your favourite browser's debugger (but only if your favourite browser is Firefox or Chromium based, as those are the only two with decent debuggers) and poke around their website.

Should be a pretty great upgrade. BUT, 4k 27'' is kinda iffy, unless you sit really close to the screen. Either find a bigger screen, or just go for a QHD one. As a bonus, if you go QHD, you might be able to find a higher refresh rate one (maybe 100Hz would be decent at that price point for an IPS), which would not only be fantastic for gaming but also will generally make everything feel so much smoother (even moving your mouse will be more pleasant).

which dns is the fastest? yeah i tried benchmarks but every time it finishes its show different results

Everywhere I look says the Blu-Ray is coming out in May

I think my old OCZ Vertex 60gb SSD is finally dying. It disconnects when doing a full surface test, sometimes quickly sometimes after a few minutes. Writing to it results in hangs and errors in event viewer. However SMART says its still healthy. Is there anything else I can try other than slow format?

Hm, seems like there's a lot of conflicting supposed release dates
But you're probably right with the movie not being out on blu-ray yet

can someone explain why the wifi on my phone just doesn't work half the time?
it days I'm connected and the signal is good but the data up/down arrows are greyed out and it just hangs up on fucking everything until I switch to 4g and it loads things without stopping for a longass time even though my wifi is really fast
do I need to change the channel my wifi is broadcasting on or what? how do I stop it from doing this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190329213345_Clover_dev.jpg (334x175, 13K)

I have a 5 drive raidz volume on freenas and I'd like to do a long SMART test on all disks. Should I do it one after another or all at the same time?

That was my question, yes, I just wanted to make sure. I already checked the caps and they are different but have the same voltage or numbers, different producers I guess, better or worse quality.
I am using the pc right now, I run some benchmark with and without the gpu, and it werks, so i hope I can use it for some months without having to mess with it.

Any idea why this is happening? Committed memory goes full while vidya since a few days ago and I'm not playing anything too memory heavy, this is while idling in Sekiro without chrome or discord open, the moment I do a transition, everything crashes, game, gpu, system. I may have sped a game to x5 with cheat engine to cheese some shit and this sort of memory issues happened soon after.

Attached: file.png (640x332, 107K)

There is no way the WAN IP is 192.168.1.100.
Whatever you are doing, you are doing it wrong.

What is the meaning of the "total" line above the output of ls -l?

It seems that is about the size of the files, maybe? if it is it seems that isn't accurate at all.

I have a asus.com/us/Networking/USB-N13/ for my desktop but it is so fucking slow compared to my mbp and shitty chinese tablet's wifi

do i need a different adaptor. if so, what do i look for?

>Main drive
>20GB free of 80GB
>Open C:
>Select all folders, including hidden, 35GB

HOW

so /ck/, what is a good simple program to edit webm files
just like, delete frames, crop edges, reduce size, that sort of thing
i know webmCam is a useful recorder, but it does not really offer much in terms of editing
and other programs either cost money or are wayyyyy too complex or when i search i only get "online" services....
so whats a good one?

Attached: 1436508452410.jpg (284x284, 16K)

check with windirstat.net/

Thanks.
Found the problem.

Now time to find the solution.

Attached: 23243234234.jpg (1921x1037, 617K)

Disable hibernation, SSDs are fast enough you barely notice a difference anyway.
Move the pagefile to a different drive.

How do I find gaming laptops with an IGZO screen like the MacBook or Surface?

Is a career in cybersecurity better, safer and comfier than a career in software development?

I think I can just delete pagination and hibernation. I never use the later and I have 16GB of RAM.

disable hibernation and delete the file.
i would keep the pagefile though (iirc you can limit the size of that file in the windows options)

Yep, hibernation file is gone, I could trim pagination to 8GB but I don't need the extra space just yet and I'm not sure what's an apropriate size.

try webm for retards/bakas. some user made it when Jow Forums got webm support, it can do everything you've listed and has some features related to Jow Forums (like file size limit or disabling audio)
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

the pagefile is for when your RAM is full, if you have more than like >12GB of RAM you can limit the pagefile as much as you want since you'll probably never fill up your RAM anyway

Attached: WebM-for-Retards_12.png (1075x480, 24K)

if your isp's dns is too slow (it probably isn't), try google's 8.8.8.8 or cloudflare's 1.1.1.1. cloudflare claims to not spy on you and google is, well, google.

>cloudflare claims to not spy on you and google is, well, google.
Equally true is that google claims not to spy on you and cloudflare is, well, cloudflare.

My mouse scroll wheel is fucking up, when I try to scroll down sometimes it juts up instead of a sec and it's fucking annoying. Even happens in games. How do I fix this?

Yes.

>How do I fix this?

Either buy a new one, or, if it's an expensive mouse, contact customer service.

Why did you (You) me you nigger
Don't touch me

It's a steel series rival, so not too pricey but I can't afford a new one right now. Is there truly no other options?

i was wrong about cloudflare's data collection, my bad.
but the main difference here is that cloudflare claims to not sell or share their data to third parties and they claim to delete logs after 24 hours, while google doesn't make any claims regarding third parties or targeted ads (i wonder why) and explicitly states that they only delete "most logs" after 24 to 48 hours while permanently storing "some of the logs" from samples.
developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/privacy
>Google Public DNS stores two sets of logs: temporary and permanent. The temporary logs store the full IP address of the machine you're using.
>here is the full list of items that are included in our permanent logs:
>Request domain name, e.g. www.google.com
>Request type, e.g. A (which stands for IPv4 record), AAAA (IPv6 record), NS, MX, TXT, etc.
>Transport protocol on which the request arrived, i.e. TCP, UDP, or HTTPS
>Client's AS (autonomous system or ISP), e.g. AS15169
>User's geolocation information: i.e. geocode, region ID, city ID, and metro code
>Response code sent, e.g. SUCCESS, SERVFAIL, NXDOMAIN, etc.
>Whether the request hit our frontend cache
>Whether the request hit a cache elsewhere in the system (but not in the frontend)
>Absolute arrival time in seconds
>Total time taken to process the request end-to-end, in seconds
>Name of the Google machine that processed this request, e.g. machine101
>Google target IP to which this request was addressed, e.g. one of our anycast IP addresses (no relation to the user's IP)

cloudflare.com/privacypolicy/
>We will collect limited DNS query data that is sent to the resolvers. This data does not contain user IP addresses or any other personally identifiable information, and the bulk of the data is only stored for 24 hours.
if i had to choose, i'd go with the one that doesn't permanently store data.

What are some good utilities for recovering deleted data from hard drives?
I would like to use one of my old desktops solely for this purpose, a dedicated Linux machine so that the recovery stuff is not running on the drive under recovery. And probably not connected to the internet after initial setup in case the drives have malware on them.
None of the drives are physically damaged either.

I live in a country where you are not innocent until proven guilty. You can do nothing illegal, make no threats, do and say nothing wrong, but still have your life ruined for no reason because "somebody" doesn't like you. I want to make some videos related to engineering, but I'm afraid of having my life ruined by some mouthbreather or politically-driven authority/police entity. I do not want to publish anything related to politics or anything that could even hint at remotely questionable activities. I even have a legal disclaimer written by my lawyer that could be put in the description or at the end of the video or somehting.

With that out of the way, what video hosting service should I use? I don't care about social media or going viral, I just want to be able to show some interested audience cool stuff. I want the hosting service to be one that does not perform censorship or one that doesn't selectively remove things because it hurts their feelings like Youtube.

Bitchute looks kinda nice at the moment, but it's hard to tell if they like freedom and the freedom of speech and if they'll protect my privacy. What do?

How do I solder two XLR cables together, and will doing so significantly affect audio quality?

Basically I need to cut an XLR cable so I can thread it through my mic arm.

All the soldering videos on YouTube are about soldering the end of an XLR cable to a plug, which is useless information for me. I worry about the isolation mesh and how to deal with it.

So I'm switching from iphone to android finally, my only problem is I have a metric fuckload of music on apple music. I know apple music exists on the play store now, but are there any programs or scripts people know of that can index mp3 of my apple music library and download so I can just have the files? or am I just fucked and have to manually save like 20,000 songs individually

what shit, this program is shit, far from what i wanted, and i am not a retard
i'll just pirate some expensive bloated video editing software that support webm files i guess

Attached: 1511806622111.png (966x662, 958K)

>will doing so significantly affect audio quality
yes........

Yes

just use a cracked VPN (so no payment tracing, no account, literally nothing) at all times service and youtube with fake account info, bypass phone verification using an online sms service or nox android emulator
maybe also use vmware with the system on a small flasedrive or microSD or something so in a pinch you can throw it away or destroy it or eat it
bitchute is a failure, the name is terrible
as strange as it seems, besides ads and mailing lists and bots to spread your site, YOU NEED A GOOD NAME
bitchute sounds like what someone would nickname their asshole

Attached: 1550641141873.jpg (534x403, 25K)

>recovering deleted data from hard drives?
get OSForensics portable, pirated from like rs load which i know for sure has it and it's clean

Attached: 1432016461570.jpg (489x499, 27K)

>bitchute sounds like what someone would nickname their asshole

Lost it.

Attached: 1478789579062.gif (538x572, 338K)

development is more rewarding in terms of inventing new things and higher chances of starting a good business

Is there a place i can get like 100mb of web hosting for free with a webserver+php?
Only need to load a text link so bandwidth requirements are very low

Excellent advice, yet it leaves me with even less of a video hosting platform. Pornhub? Liveleak? Dailymotion?

I guess if you refuse youtube, try vimeo
it is less strict, less monitored, less likely to close your entire account or hand over info to some agency/government
while still being relatively popular with fast serving of videos in high qualities

Attached: 1548301027069.png (300x300, 85K)

Youtube can suck my dick, I'll check out vimeo. Thanks.

My headphones are plugged in but my playback devices are saying otherwise and "test" and "set as default device" are grayed out. Wat do?

Attached: headphonejack.jpg (413x458, 131K)

> My system says there are only 7.95GB of my 16GB RAM usable
I had that issue and it was a bad ram module.
With only the bad module inserted the PC wouldn't boot.

recommended software to encrypt folders on windows?

test headphones on another device
if they work okay
it may just be a windows fuck up, but is likely just the jack you're using is broken
unless you have USB headphones, in which case, try uninstalling the driver, pirating DriverBooster portable from like, rs load, let it run a scan and install the latest drivers for all your shit
then in the tools area of the program, click run fix device errors scan and then click fix audio device issues and let that scan run

The headphones work on my laptop so i suspect it's a hardware thing with my desktop. Will any other jacks work for sound? I have 6 and I've only used the green one.

I remember going on vimeo to watch cool extreme sports videos an shark attacks and stuff like that.
That was around 10 years ago but i'll start checking it out again.
I remember back then there were a lot of videos of people that did cool stuff and were mostly concerned with the cool stuff not that much with metrics and money.

most/all are comp'd especially on windows
you first need to try to secure windows using these
pastebin.com/raw/Tk7Emtfv
then try something like truecrypt (old versions less comp'd) or have a usb stick and use gilisoft or other drive/sub stick encryption, treat your drive AS A FOLDER
i mean technically you can enable windows encryption to just right click a folder and encrypt it
and you can of course just use an archive with a password
or store the data within any file, and encrypt that single file to be stealthy, maybe a double encryption so the first decryption just shows some embarrassing porn so people don't dig deeper for another password
yeah it all really depends on
1: how safe you want to be
2: how many steps you want to go through to open and look at your data, if encrypting a "folder" only is important to you
overall at the very least i would suggest just using a usb stick or microsd card and encrypt the whole thing using the tools made to encrypt full drives/flash storage devices, not just a portion or file or folder

Is it safe to put my hand inside a PC while it is running?

I'm trying to start anew with 2x Samsung 860 EVOs that have a few months old Win7 and Win10 installs. I booted the Samsung Secure Erase and it tells me that the drives are in a "Frozen state" and that I should somehow pull the power cables off of them and plug them back in.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Is Secure Erase really worth it, or is simply deleting partitions a much better solution?

Attached: 1538220891640.png (292x325, 240K)

no, other jacks won't work, those are for dif things like mic, however you can buy things like amazon.com/dp/B00NMXY2MO
to easily move on with your life and bypass a worn out/broken jack, they're super cheap and work fine
or you know, replace the computer/motherboard kek

>amazon.com/dp/B00NMXY2MO

thx senpai

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 32K)

or, you know, just use veracrypt, sperg

>Is it safe to put my hand inside a PC while it is running?
for the most part, yeah
however unplugging and plugging shit in or really digging around isn't
always flip the power supply off and unplug, wait a min, then proceed

That's what I'm aware of.
But now how does Samsung except us to "power cycle" the SSDs for secure erasing if its risky?

I delete the Windows partitions on the drives, will it bring the SSDs to a base state? I read somewhere that the "space" that had files would not have real 0's, thus meaning it is still impure. Will that affect the SSDs in the long run (6-10 years), as in retaining "past erased memories"?

Attached: 1536670557039.jpg (1520x1604, 334K)