Be me

>be me
>Electrical & Electronic engineering student
>Spend an entire year searching for placement work for experience while I take a year off
>Show all the work robotics work I've done
>Get my CV checked by university
>Get references from tutors and professors
>Go to events to meet companies
>Apply hundreds to nearly a thousand places
>Did not even get one interview
>Quit my final year
I'm not even shit posting. I've been working for KFC for a year now.

Attached: 1552639941596.jpg (750x568, 314K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

should've done webdev, 100k starting after week of some easy as shit bootkamp

That's why I switched from CpE to stats and math.

we're not gonna make it

I'm gonna go get a job at McD's.

Shiiit, that's rough my dude.
>Be me
>Physics B.Sc
>Failed hep-th M.Sc
>90% reply rate from companies
>Currently employed

I've no idea what you're doing wrong.

You fucked up and should do anything you can to finish your degree. I don't know why you quit or of Jow Forums was a factor, but a lot of what is common knowledge around Jow Forums is complete bullshit. CS/EE etc. are great degrees for getting a job, and your best shot at a job that pays well and you will enjoy.

For some reason you were not doing well, I'm guessing it has something to do with your year off. But by quitting your degree you made your life even harder.

Employment rates are the same for EE and CS, OP should have completed the degree and tried his luck.

Mate, I completely lost my mind. Everyone else I knew managed to get placements, even some of the dumbest fucks.

I reapplied for September, but I honestly don't expect much.

Internships are harder to get than actual jobs. And most places wont hire without a bachelor's even for webdev shit now.

That must have been tough, but you really gotta stick with it. You might not see this now, but a degree is always going to give you an advantage over not having one, no matter what job you are going for.

Maybe you were unlucky, maybe there was something off, like they could see you were taking a year off and wanted someone still in school, or maybe your grades. Also possible you are too focussed on robotics. Sometimes when a person says "I'm really into X", employers read this as "I'm only interested in doing X" and assume you would get bored with doing something else.

holy shit besides being CS i'm in your situation
mental burnout and last semester fear caused me to go from high performing student to failing the entire semester and afraid to go back

i'm killing myself as soon as my current job referral fails through

I'll have a #4 with dr. pepper pls

keep the change faggot

just learn to make really good chicken bitch

I know nothing about Ham Radio, maybe you will be able to answer my concerns
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio
When you assemble your own radio, can you make it play existing radio stations?
Can i simulate entire radio in Multisim and make it play actual music? Radio schematics, frequencies are feasible, and NI even has speakers, but i dont know about sound from transmission, maybe connect Multisim with music player with some glue programming?

>finishing third year CS
>already got job lined up at a FAANG
>150k starting

Attached: 1551028060067.png (420x420, 54K)

iktf
>did EEE too
>failed a year
>live in the library
>everybody else on easy courses having fun and enjoying uni life

>Quit my final year

>be me
>be not a loser
>finish my degree and don't throw myself a pity party and give up when 400 places reject my job application
>now employed and making a lot

>quit my final year

mmm retard

this but unironically, "real" engineering is starting to become an oversaturated shitshow

is USA/western europe really like this? cuz in eastern europe you can get internship and engineering jobs easily with degrees, its literally almost like in boomer times where you ask for manager and shake hand

Shave your balls and dress like a whore in front of a camera. Being a girl once in a while is unironically a very uplifting experience. Also get a good smelling shampoo and body lotion when you do. Adds to the feel.