What was your first Linux distro?

Attached: 80348f409f43.png (626x461, 98K)

Ubuntu, good user friendly start before moving on to a more based distro like Arch/Debian and then on to Gentoo/slack/void

linux from scratch

Ubuntu.

Niggerbuntu. Then Mint.
Now I use Debian.

Mint -> antergos -> arch -> gentoo -> arch

ubuntu, fedora, then after the Cock issuees went to openbsd fulltime

Ubuntu on a VM, then KDE Neon

Mandriva.

It just werked for me. At the time Ubuntu didnt work (no wifi, etc)

It was Mint. I just installed Solus. Any suggestions?

Thinking about Fedora now, but I'm unsure.

Debian. Still on debain. First because gnome > kde, and now I use xfce.

Attached: bender-smoking.jpg (450x334, 55K)

Ubuntu>Mint>Antergos>Manjaro>Arch>Manjaro

Ubuntu

Kurumin

centos (for arch linux (1 yr) -> gentoo (for about a week)

Arch Linux, fortunately I switched to Ubuntu and never looked back

Fucking Gentoo cancer then FreeBSD then I got a job and started using Fedora.

Oh hey Ben

The first one that i installed was mandrake when i was a kid, didn't understand shit and quit it after minutes.

I tried mint in a VM, now i moved to ubuntu

I tried out ubuntu using wubi then a week later I installed it as my main OS and a month later I started using debian and then I just kept distro hopping for a year until I started trying out the meme distros and BSD's and eventually I settled on gentoo

ucuntu, fedora, debian, manjaro, fedora

Sill use manjaro on my older laptop. It werks so why no

Ubuntu, which is my top 1 for the worst distro

Novell

Debian

Have tried Manjaro and Arch too over the years, and use Ubuntu servers at work, but I keep going back to comfy Debian.

Attached: 1544641640093.png (720x1096, 262K)

Ubuntu, never used Linux at home though, been thinking about installing Manjaro or Debian the moment I get a new HDD for my Laptop.

SuSE Linux.
We had to call it SuSE because the Kaiser had stolen the word "open".

Attached: grampa simpson.png (208x400, 25K)

First linux distro was linux mint when I was in highschool. Couldn't find any decent drivers for my graphics card so video games ran shitty so I went back to windows after like a week. Then in college I tried a couple different ones like elementaryOS, openSUSE, centOS and realized I didn't really like any of them so I took the plunge and started using arch. Now I run a desktop that's purely windows, another desktop that I mostly just use to run game servers and as a file server that runs purely arch, and two laptop, one that dualboots arch and windows because for whatever reason the arduino IDE doesn't work very well on arch, and the other laptop is just arch.

knoppix off a cd in the mid 90's.
It was not a happy experience.

Attached: 1519873333442.jpg (500x378, 50K)

CentOS

ubuntu and now fedora always and forever, i've tried all major arch & debian based and suse,slack all 2years of distrohopping the one that i haven't is gentoo and lfs and i'm tired to try it until i found fedora
from all distro that i tried the most autistic distro is crux and nixos maybe also with gentoo and lfs if i've tried them

My first distro was Crunchbang. I installed mint on my friends computer that had a nasty virus back in 2010. So the first distro that I interacted with was Mint, but the first one I personally used was Crunchbang.

Manjaro, haven't felt the need to switch yet.

>I was going to download devuan until ..
pic related

Attached: r43r43r2f32.png (1220x741, 54K)

linvdr on a machine my dad set up so we could record tv without having to deal with a vcr

oh shit

> taking the internet seriously around April 1st

oh

i just wanna play some devuan

I always forgot how insufferable everyone is around this day, but gophernet does sound cool.

Mandrake

Fedora

ubuntu, now I use arg linugs

Attached: arg linugs.jpg (250x250, 5K)

SuSE 8.2
It was on the extra CD of PCWorld.

Just grab a gopher addon for your browser.

Red Hat 7.2

manjaro

Slackware when I was a kid. Never really did anything with it. My dad installed it, but I had no idea what an os even.was cause I was maybe 10.
Later Mageia, but I didn't really use it either cause I needed windows for my gaymz.
Now I use Arch (btw) and it's actually my default instead of windows.

lmao, retards here had linus distro before first girl

Why you left Gentoo?

Ubuntu and Fedora

Ubuntu, it's good [spoiler]for beginners[/spoiler]

Ubuntu > arch > slack > debian > manjaro > Ubuntu

redhat

Ubuntu

Ubuntu when I got a bunch of malware on my windows vista machine in high school.

Fedora Core 5

Desktop: Ubuntu -> Debian -> Ubuntu -> Solus -> Manjaro -> Fedora whenever 30 comes out
Laptop: Arch -> Debian and it's staying that way because fuck large updates lmao

Mint > Debian > Arch > Gentoo > Artix > Parabola > Devuan.

RedHat (whatever in was back in 2004) > DSL > Puppy linux > Ubuntu > OpenSUSE

Based and red-pilled.
Gophernet is the future.

Puppy on a USB stick.

Mint (2 years ago) -> Antergos -> Ubuntu -> OpenSUSE -> Ubuntu -> Arch (As of a week)

Ubuntu 9.04, good times

Linspire

suse 6 or 7

Ubuntu -> Debian -> Arch -> Gentoo & Arch & Debian & Fedora.

linux mint. first and last. was fun to play around with, but after enough systems failures i went back to windows 10.

Attached: 1552378385835.png (1000x1000, 289K)

Debian -> Ubuntu -> Kubuntu -> Gentoo -> Gentoo Hardened -> Gentoo Hardened with systemd -> Fedora

Attached: image.jpg (1366x768, 606K)

>first week on Linux
Ubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu MATE (utter shit)
>next 9 months
Ubuntu
>next year
ZorinOS (utter shit), KDE Neon
>finally
Mint 19 Xfce. Fuck everything else. This shit just works.

Ubuntu > Mint > Debian > #! > Manjaro for three days until it fucking broke > Antergos > Arch
I'm sure I left a few out since I was distro hoping like every week in high school

SparkyLinux

the first distro I actually used was arch.
before that I installed ubuntu just to see what linux was.
distro-hopped a bit but ended back at arch, still on it 6 years later.

Fedora Core 3. Big mistake, everything was fucking broken and it almost put me off from Linux completely. Fortunately it didn't, and after hopping around a bit I settled on Kubuntu 5.04 when that came out. Over the years I've used a lot of other distros, but Kubuntu is still the one that feels like home to me.

UMA

ubuntu > devuan > void

Ubuntu on PowerPC back in '09. It was fun but I couldn't get Flash Player to work so I wound up going back to Mac OS X 10.4! God, now I feel old. This was pre-Unity and pre-Intel Macs. I kinda miss it all guys.

Attached: 1553540726492.jpg (565x586, 58K)

i used to like kali but then i discovered Parrot OS. i think parrot is kinda shit but i like how it works.

I fucking hate MATE and everything it stands for tho. like with a burning fury.

I tested a lot of stuff back in the 90's, don't remember which one was first. Mandrake Linux, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Corel Linux.
Mandrake was cool.

Zorin

Xubuntu -> Kubuntu -> Lubuntu -> Debian -> Devuan -> ???

Based Devuan went for gopher on April's fool

lol, i went this exact route except switch lubuntu and kubuntu. i experimented with fedora, gentoo, slackware, arch, and bsd, but now i'm back on xubuntu from devuan.

Manjaro -> parabola

Ubuntu -> Debian -> Fedora

1.) Linux Mint
2.) Ubuntu
3.) Sabayon
4.) Debian
Would do it all again

Mint -------------->Debian ---> Slackware
never gonna change

Damn small linux. A novelty I once won a bet over

Manjaro --> arch

RedStarOS -> Arch -> Gentoo

Pic related, then Slackware, and now Arch.

Attached: Corel-Linux.jpg (600x450, 139K)

Mint but I barely used it
then I tried to uninstall it but it broke my original Windows bootloader so I installed Xubuntu in its place
then I installed Antergos w/ KDE and used it for a little while
then I installed Debian w/ XFCE, used it as my main OS for about a year or so, broke it recently while trying to compile the latest mesa version so I installed Gentoo w/ dwm and am liking it so far

Ubuntu

Ubuntu -> Debian -> Fedora

ubuntu -> crunchbang -> debian -> arch -> manjaro -> arch -> gentoo -> slackware -> fedora
I do not install meme distros on customers' equipment (fedora included), they all run debian stable

what's your job?

technically arch but I failed so manjaro

Ubuntu 8.04 installed via that ubuntu installer thing. Does anyone remember that shit? weird times. I have no idea how it actually worked I never bothered to look it up at the time.

Attached: Ubuntu-Installer.gif (504x385, 15K)

Yggdrasil

The header files have gotten cleaned up quite a bit since then.