Who is using LineageOS with MicroG?

How stable does it run?

How do you get Apps out of the AppStore?

Attached: LineageMicroG.jpg (1115x561, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/wiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> How do you get Apps out of the AppStore?
Yalp Store and F-Droid.

wow I did know Yalp was a thing. I might just not get GAPPS next time I update my phone

didn't*

Galaxy S5 LineageOS 16. I didn't notice any issues whatsoever. I don't use microG because I don't need it. I only download software from fdroid.
The only thing I'm annoyed with is that VPN Hotspot can't run on LOS 16 on this device and that you can't put the clock in the middle of the status bar.

Is there a fucking way to properly get notifications without getting cucked with the (((google services)))

nope

Don't use apps that rely on play services for notifications. Riot.im, PixArt/conversations, Threema, email clients, Ring/Jami, Briar and TRIfA don't need play services. Signal doesn't need the botnet either but it needs a (((SIM card))).

I use Resurrection Remix, shit's comfy.

Attached: Screenshot_20190401-001121_Clover.png (1080x1920, 198K)

>center clock bros
notch hit us the hardest

I though microG implemented GCM (google cloud messaging)?

On which Phone? Is there a trick to get apps out of the play store?

>How stable does it run?
You don't really need this specific ROM which has limited support anyway in order to use microG. Any custom ROM with the right patch or signature spoofing will work.
>How do you get Apps out of the AppStore?
Aurora Store and ApkMirror's website, along with F-Droid.

It does. I assume the other guy just didn't want microG at all.

>Is there a fucking way to properly get notifications without getting cucked with the (((google services)))
Of course. Read this:
github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/wiki
The key setting is "Google Cloud Messaging". If some apps are not giving you notifications you can try enabling wakelock permissions if you've disabled them or allowing unlimited data access, but almost all widely used software works just fine. With Tutanota implementing their own notification system for example. Try it for yourself and see.

yalp store and f droid

I only use my phone for calls, texts, web browser and music in my car. How does Android Auto work on custom ROMs in general, or sans gapps?

sir please do the needful and update lineageOS spin for my galaxy S3 thank you sir

I use RR too, but with enough gapps for the play store. I just wish i could use google maps without so much baggage, every other maps is shit.
there's a bug where randomly the screen won't come back on if you're on a call, which is annoying as shit.

Tried AEX once, it was a buggy pile of curry shit.

Shit. I wish new phones still had ROM support, this old moto g3 is getting on my nerves with how easy replacement screens break.

currently using micro g lineage 16 on a google pixel.
The rom itself is just as stable as lineage. If you were asking about apps, then it really depends on what you use. Nearly everything I use is from fdroid, so for someone like me micro g is perfectly fine since I barely rely on google play services anyway. Looking through my app drawer, I have the following apps from google play:
Hangouts (doesn't work out of the box, but you can get the messaging functionality to work with some terminal commands. No pictures show up anywhere though including profile pics)
Google Maps (works perfectly)
TD bank (also works perfectly)

Every other app I have is either from github or fdroid, and either way they don't have any play services dependencies.

There was an app called YalpStore that would fetch apks straight from the google play store, but it stopped working for me and I don't know if it's still being developed. Luckily, some guy forked in and made Aurora store which has a UI much more closer to the actual google play store, and that one works perfectly for me.

If you've got any other questions I'll try to answer.

If you're asking a question like that it's too early for you to root your device.

Aurora Store is a cute alternative to Yalp Store.
Today's update was pretty damn good.

I use LineageOS and CyanogenMod since maybe 2012-2013ish with my Galaxy S3. I don't use MicroG because I'm using Project Fi for my phone provider. If I was willing to pay $70-$80 for my phone bill a month with a provider like T-Mobile or whomever I would switch to MicroG but I'm not interested in fucking around for hours to get my phone back to parity with what I have already. Far as I'm concerned about the botnet, its collected at the fucking source by the telecom for both governmental and private corporations irrespective of meme software I'm running. I can't get any of my friends or family to use secure means of communication so I'm fucked on that regard. If it's in the clear its fucking mined by someone for commercial use, switching out a bit of software wont matter in the slightest.