What service do you use for offsite backups?

What service do you use for offsite backups?

Attached: offsite-backup.png (240x240, 6K)

ssh

Google Drive. I encrypt before sending it off.

Nextcloud

At work or at home?

M-disc

Is there any risk If I backup copyrighted movies and music using this method? My fear is that these companies (Google, Microsoft, Dropbox) might delete my files

Fuck, that's actually good

>Nextcloud
This.
Host your own, fag.

You should assume that anything that isn't encrypted locally with a key that you and only you have is probably being snooped on. If someone else can recover the key for you, they can also decrypt it. Its only secure if the result of "I forgot my password" is "your shit is irretrievably gone, forever". They already check uploaded files against known hashes for CP. There's no technical reason they couldn't do that "content ID" stuff for vanilla copyright infringement too, and it's not at all farfetched that Article 13 might force them to do it.

A vps and ssh/rsync/borg

A Hard Drive.

waste of money

>There's no technical reason they couldn't do that "content ID" stuff for vanilla copyright infringement too
They already do, it's not a secret

Google Coldline

is there a way to automate an encrypted backup to GDrive?

Commvault

You'd write a script to dump everything into a compressed folder, encrypt it as a container file or something, delete the contents of the google drive folder or make a new directory in there for your latest backup, then move the container file into the google drive folder. You'd then use something like cron or task scheduler to run the script every so often. You might have to break up your data into chunks somehow if you have a lot of it.

This might be a dumb asshole way of doing it, but to answer your question simply, yes, there is a way.

Backblaze, both home and work.

a veracrypt container on dropbox, since it's the cheapest with block-level copying

How about encrypting a folder with the file+random image to change the hash?