Why do people hate this guy?

Why do people hate this guy?

Attached: lennart_poettering.jpg (1024x678, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

plus.google.com/ LennartPoetteringTheOneAndOnly/posts/J2TZrTvu7vd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is coming.

>SystemD deletes EFI
Lol wont fix

>guy
That is clearly a cute girl.

You need glasses

Reminder he's a rustfag now

Attached: systemdrust.png (629x418, 92K)

>closed: wontfix

Arrogant, wants his software to dominate every aspect of the Linux ecosystem while refusing to accommodate fringe or niche use cases, refuses to fix many "features" of systemd. His way, or the highway

Personally, I prefer a more modular system that the one provided by a systemd-based installation. He also may or may not be an NSA asset.

They never accomplished something in life. So when they see some nerds bashing on him they instantly do the same to feel smart.

t. Potering
(yeah nah u hate that misspell, dontcha)

ugh

I agree with him. C has so many flaws, it should only be used where you would use assembly code.

Because he take something from BSD that actually work nice and put on linux. Then a bunch of FSF niggers start to complain because it was not a fucking file and it was not "portable to other Unix systems".
I don't give a fuck, the ones complaining about it actually use Mac OS, so their opinions should not be taken serious (like, no opinion at all).

systemd gives him disproportionate influence in GNU/Linux because most distros were desperate to find a sysvinit replacement without a disruptive transition. It was an understandable change at first, since it made things much easier for distro maintainers and used to have a reasonable project scope for end user devices, but it's spiraled out of control since then.

His problem is his extreme kraut arrogance and inability to take criticism. What makes him dangerous is the fact that he has the mental capacity for systems programming, but not the emotional maturity to question his own decisions, which means systemd is crammed full of whatever new idea pops into his head and he refuses to acknowledge serious security defects until they become prevalent enough to cost him his Red Hat job.

Attached: linus-eff-you-640x363.png (640x359, 213K)

who is he? (yes i'm new at Jow Forums)

Latin Americans are taking over Linux and nobody is paying attention.

Attached: 1550352800621.jpg (2272x1704, 551K)

Lenart Poettering, the creator of pulseaudio and systemd

I hope you're pretending to be retarded.

New blood. This trigger autism in fanatics that don't even use the operational system.

systemd a qt

>What will you do without freedom
Software that only works on very specific hardware is not freedom.

>Software that only works on very specific hardware
which is all software

>the creator of pulseaudio
This should have been as much of a death knell as "designer of Unity as seen in Ubuntu".

because they're stupid

why would you hate a developer for developing free software?

why would you hate a developer because you don't like his program? use a different program!

oh, you can't remove the developers program? blame distro maintainers who made that decision or use a different distro

so why hate him? because it's a meme to hate systemd incl. developer - most people done even know what an init does, but are clever enough to hire a hitman to kill the developer plus.google.com/ LennartPoetteringTheOneAndOnly/posts/J2TZrTvu7vd

this meme needs to sto, it went too far

>that reddit spacing
it hurt my eyes

>posts stallman
>linux
retard

Stallman has no problem with systemd since it's free software. You're retarded.

Oh shit I didn’t know he wrote pulseaudio too. This guy sucks even more than I originally thought.

> Trying to bring unwelcomed changes to the kernel in favor of his bloated attempt to make a simple init system
> That github thread
His stuff is amazing but poorly executed, stuck on his head that nothing should be a file and should make everything convoluted for the sake of his "ecosystem"

And now you can't even use Firefox without Pulseaudio. His shit spreads like fucking cancer.

Because he's voted Most Likely to Be the Next to Go Tranny by his peers every year

Why did he set systemd to fallback to 8.8.8.8

How much did google pay him

guy?

Not his fault, blame Mozilla.

Seriously. Hating Poettering does not solve all your problems.

unironically because he's a better programmer than them