3d Printing

what printer and why the Ender 3?

>massive print bed puts bedlets to shame
>mfw faggots spend 1k
>omg it prints the same thing slightly faster! I wouldn't want to wait another hour since I have nothing else to do with my time

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UybUTWrK-GM
phys.org/news/2013-11-solid-concepts-3d-world-metal.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1W-eFOOy1aM
youtube.com/watch?v=1CjndIiZyJo
youtu.be/Ku6J5b4s7eA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

None because I have no use for something made out of shitty plastic with no heat resistance or structural integrity. I'd just rent a CNC machine if I wanted to actually build anything.
Nobody but neckbeards cares about 3D printing.

>rent cnc machine for prototyping
ok retard

>He doesn't have a community workshop with rentable tools.
>He needs a 3D printer to mock up a prototype

T. Brainlet

>Community workshop where we build barns and shoe horses.

T. Amish

At least Barnes and horseshoes have some uses, unlike a 3D printer

I've got an ender 3 and two prusa mk2's.

For the money the ender is better but I'll go for the prusa first every single time. Ender is not a bad printer at all, for $180 its a great buy

Do you know who I can go to so I can get something specifically made? I lack the knowledge of operating CNC machines nor the desire to learn them. But I do enjoy their abilities and would rather pay someone for their time if they'd just do it for me. Namely what would I type into the google?

not everything needs heat resistance or structural integrity. I find the machines extremely useful, especially for custom one-off stuff. its certainly a lot more user-friendly than "renting a cnc machine" if any machine owner in their right mind would just let the people do.

Attached: 94d6bf2c2bcc60fdca95d1038e20b611_preview_featured[1].jpg (628x472, 59K)

I have a coworker with one of these things
Can I make decent key caps with it?

some printer owners are on 3dhubs, a website that exists exactly for people like you to find them.

though I think you might find better rates by putting your request in an ad on craigslist with "3d printer" somewhere in the title.

What the second poster said, it's freelance. Hell find a college with CNC classes and see if you can't pay some student to run a design for you.

not nearly as decent as injection molded caps but decent enough to use and potentially totally unique*. The biggest problem with something like that is that to print it with extremely high quality it would probably require changing the nozzle out for a finer one and tuning in the settings for the new nozzle. not really something I'd wanna do unless it was a paid job or he was really into tinkering with the machine

Could I charge him 25-35 bucks?

Stupid boomer

So I got a used ultimaker 3 from work and did a full service on it... Why do people pay 3k for these?

I printed and assembled this thing in an afternoon. its about the size of a dinner plate.

you can't tell me this isn't cool.
you wouldn't go rent a cnc machine just to make something cool like this.

Attached: 54578611656798245210940077c32ced_preview_featured.jpg (628x472, 87K)

I want to get a 3D printer, but I want one with
>double extruder
>heated bed
>support for ABS if possible
suggestions?

nice dubs faggot phoneposter

This is actually a great website. Although they're asking for a CAD file which I'm probably going to have to either learn on my own for ask someone to produce the CAD files for me.

Thanks user

3D printing is for millennial faggots who aren't man enough to know what a milling machine is

Attached: diner old men.jpg (960x639, 133K)

>Nobody but neckbeards cares about 3D printing.
3D printing has been around for over a decade, it's used by hobbyists and major companies. Of course the major companies generally aren't using PLA printers.

The Anycubic i3 Mega is the way to go over the ender IMO.

If you're going to spend more get something special like the 500mm CR-10 model

Also there's already a general on /diy/

>Nobody but neckbeards cares about 3D printing.
Haas Automation has a 3D printer for the mechanical engineers so they can prototype before they start making the newer machines. I work at Haas.

Why a double extruder?
PLA > ABS any day of the week, so much easier to work with.

youtube.com/watch?v=UybUTWrK-GM

I'd say thats a fair price. I would say a full set of key caps might use 300-500g of filament, including prototype prints and failures. a 1000g spool of plastic realistically costs anywhere from $15-50. $25-35 to me seems reasonable unless you need some custom 3d modeling done. if the keycaps you want already exist on thingiverse than that price seems pretty inciting.

The rationale for ABS is structural integrity. Is ABS that bad to deal with?
As for double extruders, you can get filament that dissolves away in water so you can do stuff like pic related

Attached: hips.jpg (1200x907, 81K)

I really like the geeetech style dual extruder printers. its two extruder motors pushing two plastics into one nozzle. otherwise their machines are pretty much creality clones.

That style of machine is especially cool because they can mix colors, you can load up one yellow and one white and print a single color print with 20% yellow and 80% white, or fade from bottom to top. lots of neat stuff like that. most two color printers have no options like that for one color models.

I print a lot with ABS and it is kind of a pain. any amount wind or cold air will fuck up an abs print. pointy corners will lift and lifted sections will crash into the toolhead. it also smells unpleasant and is said to be toxic. It also requires a pretty high printbed heat, which is the biggest power draw on the machine. ABS has a certain flexibility that PLA doesn't and for that reason is considered to be tougher, but imho PLA is better for most every application except mayble living hinges

ABS can be had for significantly cheaper

You have to build your printer around ABS, PLA is much easier to work with.

The dissolving print thing seems a bit pointless, just design prints around the limitations of a single extruder, since that's what most people will have anyways.

What's the best printer for printing guns?

>nasa
>cool

looks like a high quality print, good luck with whatever you do next

Attached: googdiversity.jpg (710x648, 349K)

>everyone has single extruder printers
no they don't
>everyone has it, so you should design around it
Why should I care what other people have? There is a ton of utility in dissolving filaments, it's worth the cost and lack of ubiquity.

>pointy corners will lift and lifted sections will crash into the toolhead
PLA does that too, even with a raft. I've seen a flashforge an hero from that exact thing happening to some PLA. Point taken, though. The higher temps probably make things a lot more sensitive.

Attached: hips2.jpg (960x550, 89K)

A mill,a 3d printed gun will barely get one shot off

phys.org/news/2013-11-solid-concepts-3d-world-metal.html

there's a community workshop where I live where you can use lathes, CNCs, 3D printers, and some other shit for like 4 bucks per a few hour appointment

You'd get much more done with just a mill when it comes to making guns

Why not Ender 5

That's not the point of 3d printed guns. It's to get them in the hands of everyone. Then all they got to do is get close to the enemy. it doesn't matter if it blows up and takes your hand off because one of the dead guys friends will get you anyways. But there are always a LOT more citizens willing to give their lives to free their country than there are solders, and sometimes there is no other way.

any richfags have a BCN3D Sigma?

This is a bad print of a box in ABS.
This is the easiest "worst case" example I have lying around, but this happens often when you print in ABS. Often to a much less degree obviously but it is not that rare.

Attached: IMG_20190401_070522-1209x1612.jpg (1209x1612, 405K)

you cant 3D print bullets though

I got a monoprice refurb v1 for 90 now I wish I waited and got the ender 3 for 168.

I havent used mine yet though

shit, that splitting looks really bad. The curling doesn't look like anything more than I've seen PLA do without a raft

This isn't WW2
youtube.com/watch?v=1CjndIiZyJo

>He discusses 3D-printing with the brainlets on Jow Forums.

youtu.be/Ku6J5b4s7eA

michael jackson's bastard son is working on it

>I'm a shill.
That's obvious, you're really bad at it too. It must have massive issues for you to resort to this, thanks for the warning how bad it is.

>1+ hour to model, 2+ hours to print, 2+ hours on hand finishing
No, that sounds annoying.

>200 dollar 3d printer can accurately recreate simple, small objects out of plastic that was lightweight, relatively strong, and easy to find online

>$5k tool that you'll probably have to spend a thousand bucks for shipping on will do it if you customize it's gcode just right and don't break your small end mill with a minimum diameter of 1/4 inch, while also being extreme loud and taking up a fuckton of space

not everyone needs a headache. And I fucking love cnc machines, I'm just not in delusion as to their usefulness.

>>everyone has single extruder printers
>no they don't

yes they do, dumbass. any number of extrusion heads is 1+n where N is the number of extruder heads. Also designing for the lowest common denominator is how you make a ubiquitous print

what should a total beginner know? i'm looking at a creality cr-10 s4