Why haven't you switched yet? Do you have a good excuse?

Why haven't you switched yet? Do you have a good excuse?

Attached: freebsd_logo.png?x=442&y=293&crop=1.png (442x293, 48K)

I use it in a VM because bare hardware support continues to be abysmal.

>virtually hugs you
raaaaaaaaaaaaaaapeeeeeee

I like it when the software I want to run to supports my operating system.

Because it's as much of a mess as a Linux distro with none of the convenience. If I had to use a BSD it'd probably be NetBSD.

Linux meets my needs quite well and I don't see how a BSD would be better

>BSD
>Mess
LMAO try again zoomer
People use BSD for its stability

Is shit

cuck licenses
hugging forbidden

>have to manually install a gui
yeah, no thanks

>People use BSD for its stability
People use NetBSD for its stability. People either use FreeBSD to be hipsters, or because they're boomers that are too used to ports and jails.

>It's not communist
>therefore it's a cuck license

Linux is a kernel.

FreeBSD doesn't fuck around with packages and the system as much as Linux distros. Even Debian moved over to systemd.
There's also nothing wrong with Jails, fuck off zoomer.

>GPL
>communist
Copyleft is capitalist, it establishes rules that allow free enterprise to flourish without leaving smaller competitors behind. Permissive licenses are commie shit, you work your ass off so a bureaucratic ruling class of tech companies can use your code for free without giving anything back.

I have been using FreeBSD since 6.2, I like that the user space is extremely stable. I can
get a FreeBSD machine up and configured in a few minuets. While on the Linux side every
other release some major change has occurred and I have to relearn how to do something,
examples are systemd, alternatives, ethernet device names, network configuration...never
ending abstractions just to make some new meme user interface and FUCK netplan, here
we go with that white space bullshit again.

Attached: 1553894553397.png (1439x1413, 1014K)

Saying GPL is capitalism just makes it worse. Capitalism exists. If money hungry boomers and Jews are going to use code then it should be good code. The people who have the know how to use that code will likely know how to find the source if they wanted to.
GPL hinders growth by trying to create a programmer utopia, like it's the 1980s or something again.

sure
>bsd for RISC
>solaris 2 for ix86

and you're a pedant who deliberately misinterprets words to make a (trivial and unimportant) point, despite knowing full well what was meant.

>GPL hinders growth by trying to create a programmer utopia
Growth for its own sake is literal cancer logic. There is no point in growing faster if the end result is that every facet of the software industry ends up like the OS market.

jails are based though
The best virtualization I have ever come across.