Does G care about foldable screens?

This is going to market in april.
2000 dollar sticker price.
innovative tech? gimmick? capitalist decadence?
you decide.

Attached: gfold.gif (640x360, 2.39M)

Can't wait for the inevitable wear on the screen and joints. They really want you to give them $2000 every six months for a replacement.

I can't wait for the inevitable grain of sand in somebody's pocket to get between the two halves of the screen and fuck it up.

more like $40 per month for years on insurance and/or $1000 when the screen cracks.

the screens and joints might last 5 years or so, but the user's patience (and the battery) probably won't.

what is the battery replacement price on this ?

>5 year life on a modern smartphone

Attached: 2568524003_bd4f6e5101_o-bicubic.jpg (780x520, 37K)

Ho ho ho I didn't even think about that.
Gonna start saving up pocket grit and lint in preparation of depositing it on these for when they're left idle somewhere public.

Anyone else stop caring about smartphones? They are fast enough to do what I want, so whether they are faster, have more battery or fold until tablet size is irrelevant to me. Mine is good enough.

First gen products are almost always crap. The comcept isn't ajusted to how people actually will use them and technology will improve a lot on the second gen.

The concept is not new at all, they just found an expensive way to mass produce it

>big, tacky thicc phone with tiny screen
>tiny tablet with crease and massive "NOT A NOTCH" notch
it's like we didn't learn from the convertible laptops: trying to force a device to be two things at once always results in compromises👌

I think its a really nice idea and would be nice but not for $2k. I'm happy with my current phone, it works.

Shitty gimmick. No one wants a plastic touch screen.

Attached: 66825100-EFF9-4CA2-975F-6F060D075E1A.jpg (1087x1189, 137K)

I would care if this means we can get back to smaller phones (like the ipone 4), which may unfold to the size of current year phones.

But what I believe will happen is that the trend of larger devices will continue until laptops are replaced by half folded giant tablets.
But by the time I hope we can get "paper displays" that can be folded in 4

what the fucking fuck is G

Would be fantastic for fapping but otherwise I dont see the need. Especially not for that price

Who actually wants a screen crease?

It'll only cost you $1000 to replace the screen on these foldable smartphones.

Why not just have two screens?

this

No, because manufacturers continue to acrew with aspect ratios. Just like the 18:9 craze, or steve jobs old wack 3:2 ratio.

Fucking aspect ratios. 4:3 and 16:9 are enough. It's bad enough 16:10 came and gone.

8:7.1
4.2:3

Fuck

Can I just ask, what's the fucking point? You have smartphones, you have tablets, combining the two doesn't seem worth the cost. Why is this even a thing?

It exists because the smartphone market is stale. Real progress has stagnated and, as another fa/g/ put it much more eloquently, the industry is now in the age of the gimmick.
It's the eventual fate for all tech.
Such as it was before the iphone came and dictated the course of the next decade.
Companies are scrambling to be the ones to redirect the market to "the next great thing" now that the current era is passed its apex.

It's so you can carry a tablet in your pocket, not that hard to understand

>It exists because the smartphone market is stale
Uhh, Xiaomi's 100W fast charging? Oppo's motorized and 10x optical zoom cameras? In-display fingerprint scanners?
This is nothing more than a gimmick. Just look:

>only

>it's a gimmick because i can't figure out how it's a useful to me specifically

So how is this exactly useful mister sales representative?

>Uhh, Xiaomi's 100W fast charging? Oppo's motorized and 10x optical zoom cameras? In-display fingerprint scanners?
more or less a gimmick
incremental "upgrades" or other things that aren't worth rushing to replace what you have with

nope, it's a gimmick. what we wanted was flexible screens

How are these gimmicks, what the fuck?