Start coding 2k19

What's up Jow Forums
What language does one start coding with?
I've 6 months completely free and would like to learn a new skill.

Cheers!

Attached: faaa.jpg (512x491, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ehmatthes.github.io/pcc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

python.

learn C or x86_64 assembly

1st month coding python to easily understand the thinking behind programming. Possibly C# or C++ after that.

Python

I did something similar I was taught how to program in swift and Python and then set out on my own learning c++ having that prior knowledge helped a lot

Thanks mates!
Will look it up, finish my breakfast and start learning python!
Plan is
30 hours per week coding and practising
15 hours of watching youtube videos
I'm sure I'll find a lot of info online, but if you're happy to help me pick a nice starting guide?

Attached: lolololololo.jpg (655x406, 25K)

try this
ehmatthes.github.io/pcc/

Attached: cheat sheet 1.png (1241x959, 154K)

thank you so much user!

Some challenges I'd recommend (in order of difficulty.)

FizzBuzz
Hangman game with yourself
Tic tax toe
Battleships
Sudoku generator/solver

Start with Python. Move into Java/Kotlin.

Followup from OP's question:
After you more or less understand coding, where do you go from there? Can you teach yourself algorithms? Or must you enroll in some CS course?

I plan on enrolling for a University/College/Professional Course for software development/similar in about 6 months.
That would last 6 to 24 months

I don't think Spanish educational system will teach me advanced things for coding. In that range of study time.

Would like to get to an advanced level myself.
Taking my pre-baby steps to coding currently.
I just googled what a code algorithm is so not very bright about that.

Spending all day today, researching and choosing a study plan.
Thank you all for helping!

unironically just learn an actual language

The other anons are right, python is a very good place to start. Lucky for you, there's also a thread up on /t/ with a bunch of torrents for python learning material as well.

I'd start learning C++ right away with the "Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++" book, but if you want to go for Python, these two books are all you need.

Attached: dramdluyhu721.jpg (3024x4032, 783K)

Which one?

Depends on your country, what your job is, what you want to do in life, which populations and cultures you like, reason why you want to learn a language, etc.
Without these informations it's impossible to give you any meaningful suggestion.

Esperanto

Attached: 1551888148477.png (468x468, 140K)

I have not read the book on the right, but the one on the left is a piece of shit for someone that wants to work as a professional developer.

The book itself mentions that it isn't for software developers, but for "regular people" (e.g. regular office workers).

The book doesn't give a shit about clean code, good programming practices, design patterns or architecture.

It's good for what it is, but this ain't it.

Dunno, I've been around Jow Forums for too long when I decided to pick up a language so I went with common lisp. Wasn't the worst decision of my life in retrospect. Picked up 'Common LISP: A Gentle Introduction to Symbolic Computation' and went from there. Pretty good book if you start out at zero, even though it's literally older than I. Whoever recommended that to me a few years back, thanks faggot.

I don't give a shit, I just found the image on Reddit and posted it for likes.
I don't even code.

>2k19
Wow look how fucking SMART this guy is!
>k
that means 1000! So 2019 = 2k19