Am I the only special snowflake that prefers his gpus to actually get the heat out of the case instead of just whirling...

Am I the only special snowflake that prefers his gpus to actually get the heat out of the case instead of just whirling it around like most?

Attached: F2054F95-E12C-4506-AABB-34DB02244E4A.jpg (650x300, 35K)

yeah, nvidia blows, you're on the right path

Literal retard desu

Attached: 6D1E6965-DD71-470D-9B7A-B957A8C7A8C0.jpg (700x465, 27K)

I too prefer a video card that can drown out a jet liner.

>not watercooling your gpu
casuals

Getting heat out is pointless if it's louder than another fan doing it.

What's the point in throwing the heat out of the case when you can slow cook your whole pc ?

>i prefer my gpus to conform to a theory i like instead of actually getting good temperatures
how many fedoras do you own?

there's a lot of shilling going on for reference cards, especially in SFF cases and for scenarios where cards are stacked next to each other and can't draw in air

but i've never actually seen where those points stood up to scrutiny. even in sff cases, open air coolers blow away reference coolers all day long. air doesn't just get "whirled around", it either escapes out the rear i/o or on the other end of the card rises and is exhausted

I see, that sounds actually reasonable

Blowers are shit

No, I'm sure that there are other fucking retards who don't understand case airflow too.

blowers are good, however they are implemented as cheaply as possible because they arent meant to stay around.

quite a few tests show that when cards are starved clearance, blowers tend to be overall better.

the best option is have good airflow in your case, but this isn't an option for everyone, so rear exhaust will do good. You also have sff cases that specifically design themselves for blowers with an intake right where the blower will be, so its pulling outside air into the card, arguably making the blower more efficient then it would be in a full tower.

but like I said, most blowers are made as garbage as possible because its cheap to make them like this and they get shipped out to be replaced with aftermarket in a few months.

I had a zotac gtx 970 with blower and it peaked about 50°c.
Swapped it for the msi 970, peaked about 43°c
This was all in an antec 902 case with case fans set to lowest possible rpm
So much for blowers being overall better

Attached: 1552780821409.jpg (1023x1503, 574K)

Blowers blow!

Just set your side fan fan to exhaust GPU heat out of the case. Problem solved.

Blowers are superior for SFF builds or SLI setups if you don't plan on watercooling.

a non blower would do better in that case, its able to get proper airflow to get rid of the excess heat, However keep in mind almost no blowers use hear pipes, almost no blowers so anything beyond act as a heat sync (solid metal getting hotter into fins) and they are made as cheaply as possible.

cards stacked together typically do get better temps with blowers, same with cards against the sides of cases unless the cases are made specifically for multi fan cards, though most of these are made for blowers.

If you can get proper airflow, then the bit of heat that flows back into the computer doesn't matter at all, however if you have no method of proper airflow, blowers are better.

personally I remember needing pata cables. these obstructed airflow like a motherfucker and typically meant that a blower would cool better then one that blew air back into the case.

>upgraded MOBO a while back
>PC running pretty hot as of late, but the back always seems pretty cool
>don't think much of it
>realisation hits
>check rear fan
>it's the wrong way around somehow
>I've been baking my PC for over 3 months
Still works fine after fixing it

Attached: 1533375067754.png (360x360, 204K)

No, but you're one of the uninformed special snowflakes.
Firstly the goal is to cool the hottest components inside the case, not to cool the ambient temperature of the air in the case. Those are the GPU, VRMs and CPU. The rest don't really matter.
Unfortunately blower GPUs just run hotter and louder.

Are there cards that actually blow it around instead of pushing it out? I leave my case open entirely. Everything is 10 degrees cooler for it. I haven't upgraded in like....many years and probably won't need to unless something dies within the next 10 years.

Attached: Untitled.png (526x359, 16K)

Or you could just exhaust the heat right out with optimally placed case fans.

Actually sucks and blows at the same time.