Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: snuggles.jpg (736x588, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

api.telegram.org/botTOKEN/sendMessage
lowendbox.com/
stackoverflow.com/questions/35958961/class-vs-type-in-python
plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/wp-errata/trunk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is JDownloader still the go-to program to mass download files from free file hosters?

It's been years since I needed something like this, and I thought I'd never use it again, but something came up and there's stuff I need to download that's only available this way.

Shotas❤️

pls halp

Attached: 1521411785355.png (849x1199, 421K)

Dell PowerConnect 2808 or D-Link DGS-1100-08PD for 8 port managed gigabit switch ? I'm buying the Dell used so it's the same price as the D-Link new on amazon, it looks kinda tiny and faggy compared to the Dell which is just a regular rackmount, i don't know much about switches so if anyone can give advice ?🙁

Attached: 71Z7ho-flPL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x685, 134K)

what distro is best for KDE experience? i tried fedora kde it's heavier than gnome and not good

Probably Neon, Manjaro and Suse are solid too

is this gonna be a portable drive or just extra storage?

I tried mullvad but it is blocking my main router with 192.168.1.1 ip (im connected to an ap with 192.168.0.1 ip). how do I fix it?

Attached: file.png (321x433, 21K)

So I have three monitors, an internal RX Vega M GH GPU and a Radeon VII eGPU. Would there be any way to run two of the monitors using the RX Vega? I'm using Windows 10 BTW.

just use ntfs and install ntfs3g on the mac

Can i use my own adsl modem instead of the (shitty) one provided by my isp? do i need to configure it, or is it plug and play? i couldn't find anything in google

Attached: 1470578647561.png (544x492, 561K)

You'll need the login information for the other modem, ask your ISP.
Tell them that their modem is shite compared to yours and that you want to use that one instead.

Can someone with Dissenter help me out with this
I'm really curious

Attached: 1551998060877.png (1280x720, 1.57M)

>is it plug and play?
Why don't you just try

I have a very old ThinkPad which doesn't have a Super key.
What key do you suggest using as Mod in tiling window managers such as dwm in order to avoid interfering with applications that use Alt such as Emacs?

portable

thanks

i wanted to know before i spend money. Also, one time i upgraded the firmware of an old modem and it stop connecting to the internet

hoi
anyone got this webm?

my dad's pc with win10 apparently ran an update last night/earlier today that required a reboot and now it's stuck in a fucking "ur pc needs repair" loop that does fucking nothing and the interface thing where you enable safe-mode there does fucking nothing and nothing happens when he spams F8 during boot either..

is a 4GB flash drive enough to put the win10 install files on?
and does it have to be the exact same version of windows to just run the repair shit?

chances this is just a classic microsoft sending out fucking niggershit broken beta updates for testing and just needs to go back to a restore point?
and i fucking told the old bastard not to fucking run windows update manaully but ofc he didnt fucking listen...

What are alternatives to Google Translate, Google Maps and YouTube. I’m trying to get away from Google.

Using iOS

Attached: PNG image.png (820x720, 655K)

i would but it's Jow Forumsnigger aids so no

How long should it take to upload a 4gb file to Drive if this is my speed? Seems like it's taking excessively long, unless my math is wrong.

Attached: Screenshot_20190402-014619_Speedtest.jpg (1080x565, 126K)

nigga that's elementary grade math, just fucking type it in a google search and it will fucking give you the result faster than it took me to write this for your dumb ass

That's why I'm asking. I'm certain my math is correct, so I'm wondering why it's taking 2+ hours so far to upload.

half an hour or something like that

because the the server you're uploading to is either shit or is limiting you so it can also recieve uploads from other people?

20Mb/s is roughly 2MB/s and you have 4GB that's rougly 4000MB...

I need to host a simple atom/json/ rss feed.
Are there any reputable "free" webhosts with like 20mb of storage space and php?

VPS?

What can I use to make a simple GUI program? I've been trying to learn tkinter, but python is fucking dogshit, the scroll view doesn't work, and there is no good way to implement a search because they don't seem to expect to ever need to be able to update displayed elements aside from simple input widgets.

Is there something in c++, c, or c# that would allow me to make a simple GUI program quickly and actually work?

Attached: 1553856544801.jpg (960x720, 105K)

Any recommended hosts?
Its not something that is that important that has to be done, but it would be a nice thing to have for a project and i cant host on my isp.

i dont know any but there are free ones and there are cheap ones and most of them have what you want.

How do i prevent my network from arp spoofing?

Hpw do you handle a heavy workload on a college capstone project with completely incompetent teammates? This project isn't getting done lads, and the prof has said I need to try to work with the. And there are insane requirements like multithreading events with crossthread buffers without using locks. I genuinely doubt it's possible...

Attached: 1539273796479.jpg (599x479, 42K)

Reviewing resumes now. Is it a red flag when when resumes are like 6 pages long?

I'm not sure if it's just Pajeet culture or they just copied every buzzword they found online. I seriously can't care less about which IDE's you've used.

It's a very niche attack and if your traffic is encrypted to the host there's really nothing to worry about. Simplest way is to assign the IP address to the MAC address of the devices you're really concerned about. Since ARP doesn't have any authentication method there's some software you can run on the DHCP server that only allows hosts with valid certificates to connect but now you have to worry about distributing certificates. One way to make this easier is to give the certificate on the switch so any device connected to it will be valid.

Attached: 1535398062526.png (1152x648, 218K)

If I use dual HDDs is there any way for a virus to transfer from one to another? I’m trying to figure out an alternative to using a VM that’s stupidly over complex.
>not my setup

Oh and are you guys absoutly positive that there’s no way to use modern programs with DOS or a DOS like OS?

Attached: 28219182-BCC4-447A-857D-1E0D76AC4CA6.jpg (1029x768, 324K)

How many perk points do you need for every perk again? And how many points do you get per like?

how do I send messages via https through a telegram bot with curl?
curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d "{'chat_id':ID, 'text':'test'}" api.telegram.org/botTOKEN/sendMessage
returns
>{"ok":false,"error_code":400,"description":"Bad Request: message text is empty"}

>If I use dual HDDs is there any way for a virus to transfer from one to another?
yes
>I’m trying to figure out an alternative to using a VM that’s stupidly over complex.
dont have them in the same PC
>Oh and are you guys absoutly positive that there’s no way to use modern programs with DOS or a DOS like OS?
yeah try running facebook messenger on a nokia 3310 you dipshit

apparently it doesn't like single quotes. replacing ' with \" worked

What if I only have one HD in at a time? Like 2 that I swap between?

Well I guess I could just use some flavor of Linux.. Really wanted to go super old school though. So could you even access Chrome or even IE using DOS?

Yeah, single quote in JSON is not standard.

if you use the same boot drive then yes, it can just fucking copy itself over just like you can copy one file to the other

Is it possible to eavesdrop 3g internet traffic?

NordVPN, yay or nay? if nay, then what is a yay VPN? I live in Germany btw and I want to download torrent without mama Merkel Holocausting my ass in prison.

Attached: 535c3b59-376a-4b49-9ba1-e0e01c3fbbc7-original.jpg (928x960, 110K)

What I’m saying, is if I have 2 serarate Hard Drives, not plugged in at the same time, there’s no way that I could get a virus on my main drive if I use one for questionable programming stuff. Correct?

Can someone help me understand hard drive partitions?

I'm about to get a new laptop and I'd like to have about 30% of the drive for a Win7 section and the remaining 70% for Linux. In the future could I alter the allotted sizes without having to reinitialize everything?

Also is it possible for the partitions to access each other? As in exporting a project in Win7 and save it to the Linux part.

Attached: we'll show him.png (812x548, 441K)

you got separate OS installs and only have one plugged in at a time? then yes it cant spread to the other, unless you plug in an external drive aswell or a usb flash drive into both

3G is a radio access technology that connects a user to the internet so if you mean intercept cellphone traffic the answer is yes. All radio traffic can easily be captured with the right equipment and software but 3G will be encrypted so it won't be too exciting to look at. This includes WCDMA, UMTS, and EVDO for data traffic. GNU radio is a software defined radio toolkit that can probably demodulate the traffic provided you have the right antenna. I'm pretty sure it's a felony but it's impossible to detect unless you're in a public area trying to detect radio traffic.

Windows finally updated so now I have access to the dark theme for file explorer, but in any folder that has any actual files in it, the sorting bar turns white which looks fucking awful.
Can anyone help? Tried searching this but it's not a problem that lends itself to being Googled.

Attached: file.png (1279x257, 30K)

What are the best sites for image to ASCII art conversion?
Are any sites that have nice art for free?

Attached: 1551211145160.jpg (900x1440, 117K)

why do fonts on some websites look like ass to me? i'm using the latest palemoon on windows 7.
>reddit
yeah i browse some hobby subreddits sue me

Attached: snipsnap.png (860x118, 10K)

I remember using libaa back in the day. Not a site.

Press ctrl+0
Or press and hold ctrl+mouse wheel up/down until it looks good👌

Maybe change the default font? Palemoon probably avoids using proprietary fonts.

Very spicy. ;3 So another question; is it bad for you to swap between drives, and if you take out drives and just run a USB OS w/o an actual drive, how will that work?

You need to run a liveUSB with gparted and from there you can resize partitions.

Partitions don't access each other. OSes can access partitions. Linux has drivers to access fat and ntfs partitions (windows filesystems) but windows doesn't have good drivers to do so. I remember trying one years ago to access ext3 but it didn't work.

The easiest way would be to add a partition in ntfs and put the shit you want shared there.

you're wearing the connectors so a little bad.
running it off an USB depends on if ur mobo can do it and severely limit your speed if it's not USB. also dont think windows likes running off USB at all but dont quote me on that.

pls

Attached: sadloli.png (591x716, 322K)

>if it's not USB3
fix'd.

sata maxes out your hard drive at 150MB/s while usb2 is like 30MB/s

Write tests together. Have them write the functions to pass the tests. Make the functions reentrant/functional so any shit they do in there doesn't fuck anything else as long as it passes the tests. Write the code that integrates everything yourself.

Furthermore, use some agile board like trello to write each byte-size task that needs to be done and let them take whichever they can manage. It will also show them how far away from completion they are.

So I have something that looks like this

File 1:

File 2:

Some HTML

And I want to insert the contents of file 2 into the div from file 1.
How do I do this without using js?

How do I isolate interfaces in pfsence?

it's generally a bad idea to resize partitions (especially if doing so could move the head of another partition)
Meaning, shrink. Don't grow. Avoid that.
It would make sense to part your stuff from the larger to the smaller partitions. And to make sure you have sufficient space so you don't run out of it later. Allocate cleverly especially when you can't just pop in another hard drive (i.e. in laptops).
finally, a small shared ntfs partition could help move files around between your linux and windows systems, especially if you prefer not to mount your windows partition every time you want to exchange files. But if isolation isn't a concern to you then a shared folder on the windows side is a more flexible option.

>Google Translate
Learn the fucking language
>Google Maps
OpenStreetMap
>YouTube
Newpipe
>iOS
Android

Qt with python or c++
WPF with C#

Use include. Also learn the language.

Anyone have experience with the AOSiP custom ROM? Looking for Pie-based custom ROMs for my Nexus 5X since Google has decided my device is EOL and it doesn't look like LineageOS 16.0 is coming to it. AOSiP looks decent, but I'm not sure if it's one of those Pajeet-tier ROMs.

What cookie do I edit for likepoints?

I thought this would be the case. Have an upvote, kind sir.

Attached: 1531841273741.png (300x250, 18K)

pls

What are the best (cheap) VPS services?

Attached: 1553746865277.jpg (746x619, 33K)

>Learn the fucking language
don't meme like that user they might believe you and think Jow Forums are do it yourself retards

lowendbox.com/

good, maybe they wont come back then

Ty my man.

I'm using pfblocker does this effect the way to isolate interfaces?

>Install virtual box
>Install windows xp on it
>Cannot connect it to the internet

What's going on here. I have tried with host only, bridged and NAT in the network settings each one produces the same result of no internet. If I run ipconfig on the virtual machine it's totally blank but if I run it on the physical machine I get an IP for the physical machine and the virtual one. What am I doing wrong?

Any Android e-reader apps with a dictionary and a night mode?

Is Privacy.com a scam? I've seen a lot of reviews from people saying that their accounts got limited and why does it need my bank account password just to handle payments? Any alternatives you guys use?

I just found that python2 and python3 give different returns on the type quiery.

type(10) in python2 was and the same in python3 is now . I couldn't find anything on google on that change, does anybody know the deeper motivation? Did something substantial in the core implementation change?

Attached: lain-slave.jpg (1280x1280, 494K)

I was thinking about running some flavor of Linux on USB; what about the performance with that?
Wait, so are you saying if I do a sata to USB, it’ll be faster?
>be me
>ask stupid questions on a stupid questions thread cause I genuinely am curious
>get banned
If I had 5 bucks for every time I got banned, I could probably have a cluster of like 20 Raspberry Pi Zero’s by now.

Attached: B5A89021-A3E5-42FB-9D49-F0EDD806C112.jpg (420x308, 30K)

python going more oo is my guess.
i.e. types being first-classes

Not sure but all types in Python are inherited from a base type class. My guess is that they changed it so "type" is strictly reserved for data types and since type/class are nearly interchangeable in this context they just kept it more generic. For example:
>>> type(10) # 10 is an instance of int

>>> type(int) # int is a type class

Anywhere I can find/torrent question dumps for A+ 1001/1002 that don't run me $60+? I certified like 3 years ago but let it expire like a retard, just wanna get it quick and cheap.

I need a drive dedicated for archiving and posting shitposting material. My HDD is old and loads the previews of the images pretty slow in folder explorer mode on win10.
Should I get an SSD or and HDD for that?
SSD is said to be faster when loading stuff but people also say that for lots of small size files HDDs are better. Load time of images is my only priority for that drive.

Attached: hdd-ssd-2.jpg (1000x545, 68K)

I asked on the official Python discord: The two notions (types and class) have been unified

stackoverflow.com/questions/35958961/class-vs-type-in-python

KEY_TELEGRAMBOT="api.telegram.org/bot123456789:STRING/sendMessage?chat_id=chatid"
curl -X POST "$KEY_TELEGRAMBOT&text='$var textetxt'"

are there any non botnet mac address spoofers for android? couldn't find anything in f-droid...

Attached: 1536316355467.gif (500x281, 1.07M)

Why do people buy Samsung QVO drives when they're only like $20 cheaper than equivalent EVO drives?

Yes, for small files HDDs tend to have more endurance than SSDs according to lab tests. What this means is that if you're reading and writing like 500 gigabytes of data each day, the SSD will burn out in 4.5 years versus the HDD which will fail in 10 years on average.

SSDs have better speeds, but HDDs are much cheaper. Decide based on that.

Just get Intel Optane. I hope you have an Intel CPU.❤️

I'm trying to get my AVerMedia LGX working with Debian. Since there are no drivers, I've resorted to using a Windows 10 LTSC VM. Using USB passthrough I can now record in the VM, but I can't encode HD video because of the VM's limited processing power. Is it possible to pass the (directmedia) video stream back to the host machine to encode on my real CPU?
My first idea was to use VLCs streaming capabilities, but for some reason it can't open my capture device.

why is kali considered the "hacker distro"?
what's different about kali when compared to other distros?

Endurance or life expectancy aren't my main priorities, only quickly laoding image previews.
Right now I use a 13 years old 5400RPM one and it takes about 0,2 seconds to load a single image in the biggest stock Win10 folder explorer view. I'd like to have loading times in the neighborhood of 100 per second.
liked

I suddenly get 403 Forbidden on wordpress svn. Did I fuck up with docker and get banned or..?

for example, this 403's
plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/wp-errata/trunk/

can u guise get through?

memes

It comes with all the hacker tools you could ever ask for out of the box. It's also meant to be usable as a liveusb or VM OS, so you can just quickly boot it up, do your hackerman shit, and then boot back into your regular OS.

I just heard that Gboard gets server-side updates.
Can someone explain to me how that works and why a local app gets them, specifically why these updates can effect the non-online parts of the app, such layout and looks?

Attached: aesu5ip9kku11.png (741x568, 29K)