youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming; worse in gaming due to slower memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded work use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value. May have to lower settings in some cases.
>590 - current generation games on high/maxed 60fps+; better choice if you want the included games
>1660 - current generation games on high/maxed 60fps+; much more power efficient
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>590 - lower, console-equivalent settings
>1070Ti / Vega / 2070 - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / 2080Ti - higher framerates
>Radeon VII - may be considered; needs cooler mod to run quiet
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Storage
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 1554052300636.gif (350x409, 437K)

Other urls found in this thread:

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/t683TB
youtu.be/y3SBTqA18bY?t=698
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X/3939vs3956
amazon.ca/TVS-1282-I7-32G-US-IP-San-Skylake-i7-6700-TVS-1282-i7-32G-Us/dp/B01GF7WJ28/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=TVS-1282-i7-32G&qid=1554137150&s=gateway&sr=8-1
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MfYoJkiwSqCXg8cm5-Ac4oOLPRtCkgUxU0jdj3tmMPc/edit#gid=1274624273
amazon.ca/TVS-951X-8G-US-Intel-Celeron-Dual-core-NBASE-T/dp/B07F16C634/
noctua.at/en/nh-d9l
pcpartpicker.com/list/9HwfbX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

R6 is the all-around best case on the market

Radeon VII is Justice

OH boy, another AMD shill edition of pcbg.

The hate on RBG is unjustified

is an i5 6400TE and rx 560 896 sp enough for 768p gaming?

So you like having fast CPUs that heat your house and have more security holes than Swiss Cheese?

>i5 6400TE
why? That thing is like 3 years old at this point. Low clock speeds and only 4 threads.

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/t683TB
is qvo any good?
what are some similar mice to the rog size and shape wise?
is nari anygood

The fact you always bring up security, which is pretty much meaningless to 90% of the posters on here just looking for a gaming computer, yet you still bring it up EVERY thread as if it's somehow going to be relevant some day.

And you always love to "forget" that AMD has plenty of security vulnerabilities as well. Intel simply has a few more, NEITHER of them are big enough to concern yourself about as a home user, ESPECIALLY just for a gaming machine.

is it safe to buy an R5 3600 as soon as it launches or do I risk to run into production defects that often plague the first batch of anything hardware?

R5 1600x here
is it worth getting a R5 3600x? and if I do, should I upgrade my X370 mobo?

Attached: 1553362591120.png (657x610, 523K)

Yeah but a dude is selling his build for like 150 bucks near my location and those are the specs, it's for my nephew, he likes to play dota and fortnite, also it has a 500w white psu and 16 gb of DDR3 ram and a 120gb ssd.

No, dont upgrade immediately. Wait about a month or so for some updates for the chipset & motherboards to come out first. & Yes I would suggest purchasing either a x470 or B550 Mbo.

> $800

> Gaming. A little Photoshop here & there. Mostly weeb games & fighterz.

> I care not for the monitor. I'm fine with 1080. I heard 1440 is the best, though.

>all the dumb fucking goys need to be shilled AMD for their own good
wewlad, that's right goys, he's not shilling AMD for himself, he's shilling AMD because it's for your own good.

>he's shilling AMD because it's for your own good.
That's what all the non payed shills believe though. It's literally a holy war for them and their are the royal knights with a most righteous cause in converting all the dumb people who simply can't be expected to think for themselves to their side.
Or something like that.

Fuck brand loyalty, buy Intel.

Attached: 1489160516428.png (800x612, 245K)

>you actually got rgb stuff, why?
b-because its pretty O_O !

>room heater once you game on it
t-this sounds liks a meme
it cant possibly be that hot? none of benchmarks are showing its hot

>monitors
just single 210-AHSQ
I've seen some giant tell touch screen monitor in same vein as this one but cant find it on sale anymore...

Attached: 1153e7be49c454448913eb.jpg (504x350, 31K)

>giant dell touch screen monitor
oops*

>tell people to stop being a company sucking faggot
>so you saying not to suck AMDs dick?
>must mean you are implying that we should suck intels dick
No faggot, can't you wrap your head around this simple concept, no company deserves your loyalty/friendship. They don't give a fuck about you, period, and so you should not give a fuck about them.
The only thing they care about is profit and you as a consumer, the only thing you should care about is a product that suits your needs best and for the best price.
That's it.
But I fully expect you are incapable of siding with the consumer and will defend a corporation like it's your first born.

>t-this sounds liks a meme
it is.
>it cant possibly be that hot? none of benchmarks are showing its hot
GPUs generate more Watt than CPUs, yet you never hear amdfags talking about their housefires gpus heating up the room.
Interestingly enough power consumption only matters when amd is winning, in this case in the CPU department. But same logic doesn't apply to GPUs because amd gpus are fucking terrible power guzzlers.

I think its more of a performance per watt complaint. Intel HEDT CPU’s performance per watt is abysmal

Qvo has lower TBW and write speeds. If you are using it as a boot drive it is 100% acceptable.

Do not use as a scratch disk though.

For $800 it will be 1080p

Ryzen 2600
RX580 or 1660/1660ti
16GB RAM, 3000C15 or 3200C16
550w or greater PSU

Fill in the rest of the blanks yourself.

>I think its more of a performance per watt complaint
Yeah? Same thing applies to AMD GPUs, which give you more watts for less performance compared to intel.

what would be next best alternative for a general use ssd, i want something that will last a long time, with decent speed
would a 970 evo plus 1tb or 500gb m.2 be better for longer life expectancy, they are abit pricey tho

Never buy m2 drives. They are a meme.

alright what if i swap to 860 1tb evo, how are they

w-whats the downside to m2?

price

Hmm, I'm inclined to say it could handle even 4K on lows. Have the same setup except I got Ryzen 1200. Tried GTA V @4K, got 20-something FPS, quite playable.

t-they s-seem cheaper than SSDs though....

>b-because its pretty O_O
You mean "gay".

Your fortune: Bad Luck

I live in a country whith a high VAT (19%)
I came around this config for 1000$ (tax included), what do you think of it?

- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (6-Core 3.4 GHz / 3.9 GHz Turbo - Cache 16 Mo - TDP 65W)

-MSI Bazooka mobo (B450)

-16 GB DDR4 (2400MHz)

-1TB SSHD (SSD/HDD hybrid)

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB

all complete with zalman case + PSU.

a rip-off? what do you think? (haven't bought a computer in a decade so i'm lost).

Ryzen needs fast ram. Either 3000 mhz or 3200 mhz. Screw the SSHD. Just get an SSD, and add an HDD at a later date.

I'll add that i'll throw GNU+Linux on that thing.

willing to usie it for light gaming (mostly retro gaming), movies playback on my TV (dual 1080p displays) and web browsing.

Best cost 4K monitor right now?

Yes this goy is right, we should stop with this silly brand loyalty. Now please buy Intel products. Please.

Attached: 1553992207451.png (1800x850, 236K)

Is the LG 27UK850 any good? I was looking to build a gaming PC later this year and I need a monitor that will be good for the desktop but also my Macbook.

Yes goy I agree with you! Brand loyalty is silly! We need more Intel sales to end this brand loyalty. Don't you agree?

your gay

Attached: 1553907121676.gif (250x274, 321K)

*you're

how about a Intel Core i5-8400 (6-Core 2.8 GHz - Turbo 4.0 GHz - Cache 9 Mo - TDP 65W) ? is it any good?

Attached: 1029385728432.png (1064x594, 256K)

Go 2600/x

Buy Radeon 7, get a free vacuum cleaner
youtu.be/y3SBTqA18bY?t=698

9400f is better and cheaper
Either one is much better than ryzen so pick whatever

8400 is LITERALLY more expensive than 2600x AHAHAHAHAHAAHH

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X/3939vs3956

AMD is to gamers what welfare is to blacks

Nobody really cares about Intel products by now really.

>userbenchmark
>amdrone
checks out

Looking to get a NAS for SOHO + personal use.

req's:
- 4k decoding, i prefer intel, but am open
- hot-swappable drives structured something like this:
-2 drives raided for long-storage business data
- 2 ssd's raided for fast business data
- 2 drives raided for personal/media storage

I'm thinking this is the unit for me, please take a look:

amazon.ca/TVS-1282-I7-32G-US-IP-San-Skylake-i7-6700-TVS-1282-i7-32G-Us/dp/B01GF7WJ28/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=TVS-1282-i7-32G&qid=1554137150&s=gateway&sr=8-1

We run plex, so I grabbed this model from this compatibility spreadsheet:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MfYoJkiwSqCXg8cm5-Ac4oOLPRtCkgUxU0jdj3tmMPc/edit#gid=1274624273

The next level up seems like high end i7 and $5k CAD with no drives. :( :( :(

Thoughts?

or this guy here... much less expensive...

amazon.ca/TVS-951X-8G-US-Intel-Celeron-Dual-core-NBASE-T/dp/B07F16C634/

Go back, Incel shill
Requesting butthurt intel shill images.

Attached: DcS8BfbVAAAARkA.jpg (1024x679, 52K)

honestly considering chink shit to RGB my case
even with a smoke acrylic it sounds like a good idea

>vacuum cleaner is called bork
based russians

I want Zen 2 to drop ASAP

my janky ass contraband of a computer case doesnt list anywhere the max heatsink height

after some time with a ruler and a few electric shocks later, i came to the conclusion i need a 155mm heatsink that might have a ram clearance of 50mm, but i cant find anything thats really good, or just good looking in general. i was willing initially for
noctua.at/en/nh-d9l
but its apparently not that great, and noctua became a real turn off thanks to the fan color

can anyone help me find anything that would fit those sizes?

>2020 soon
>still no budget mitx am4 mobos

I want Navi to drop right now so I have a reason not to buy 2060.

im waiting on a possible 2070ti
likely we will get 1650 tho. a 1670 would eat away the 2060 sales and a 2060ti is too close in performance to 2070 to be justified

>waiting 4 months to save $30
Imagine being so poor

>doesn't like the color of Noctua
yikes

Mobo makes seem to be getting behind x570/b550 and releasing a much bigger range of boards for it.
We might even get some reasonably high end matx boards.

I want to support AMD, but boooooooooooy, they don't make it easy.
I just hope they actually give me something worth all this wait and not just "exactly the same or less performance than nvidia but 6-12 months later.

after literally coughting up radeon 7 after RTX announcement, its likely they are holding out because of the RTX stuff they wanna put on their GPU.

it should be a good contestant to 2080ti or they wouldnt consider taking so long on it, likely it will be worth it

I don't care about RTX shit though. I just want superior performance at a low price.
Give me 1080ti for 200$ I will insta buy.

Noctua is for quietness. You want cooling performance, go with NZXT water cooling.

Ugh downvoted.
How can you be so wrong.

id like to avoid water cooling tho, feels like more of a gamble that a heatsink crashing on my GPU

Watch the jayztwocents video on NH-D15 vs custom water loop. Difference is minimal.

Lol it's only a gamble if you are a retard who can't follow instructions.

but i am a retard who cant follow instructions :<
i simply dont want to worry with maintenance on my pc. this is why a heatsink is so attractive to me
asides the fact i fell for intel memery and cant oc, so a heatsink might just be perfect for me

If you're a retard who can't follow instructions, then you don't deserve a computer. Retard.

>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are old models

Kinda considering this since my setup can't do 120fps, is there much noticeable different between 60hz and 75hz?

Not really, unless you get a 75hz with freesync

Adaptive sync is handy for any game you can't keep consistent 60 (or 75fps)

So much smoother even without 144hz.

pcpartpicker.com/list/9HwfbX

Cheap 1080p60fps machine.
Good?

its fine🍯

>MicroATX
>Mid tower case
No reason for that
Find either a smaller case or a bigger mobo

Are there smaller cases that are as good as the 270r? I've looked a bunch up and they're either really expensive or made like crap.

Find an ATX mobo then that way you have room to grow in the future

Honestly, ignore him, it looks a bit dumb to have an matx in a case that size, but you don't have a side window, so who is gonna see it?

As long as the matx board meets your requirements, just get whatever works for you.

Nzxt 400 or something by fractal design

I Like! that you think everyone who doesn't shill insecure processors is a shill like you.

Also, there is a huge difference between fundamental core architecture hardware vulnerabilities and shit like minor ASMedia chipset vulnerabilities.

>AMD sold almost as many 2600s alone as Intel sold CPUs in November
based.
No wonder the guy above is shilling Intel trash so hard.

Agreed Like! Don't buy Intel out of blind loyalty.

It's only gay when it's white + RGB.
black + RGB is just basic chavshit

Get a more modern case like the Q300L. There are other options which aren't 10 years old if you don't want a window.
SSD seems way expensive for 500Gb. You can get Team Lite 3D 480Gb for $50. How do you even gaurantee the SanDisk ones are TLC? They used the same model name for their past MLC ones. But it's still 2D so WTF why do people pay that much for those? Am I missing something?

>namefag shill shills AMD instead of intel in april fools
cringe

I feel bad for not thinking of that.

Should I build a computer now or wait? I have found a sapphire nitro+ vega 64 for 400 bucks with 3 games. Dunno if Navi and Zen 2 are worth waiting for.
Currently using a 750Ti.

Good goy

If you're doing 1080p and feel fine wait. Do you already have a monitor for 1440 or high fps 1080p? Those add on the the cost of getting a card like that. Does anything you play require that much more in terms of power?

I am on 8 year old hardware and still waiting until Q3 to move to a new mobo and cpu and probably longer than that on a new card.

So, I have a fx 8350, GTX 1080, 2 hdd and 2 sdd. Is a 750w power supply anemic?
Computer boots up fine and runs. Just want to look out for signs of power supply age, and if I'm underpowered.

what could I improve?

Your fortune: Godly Luck

Attached: specs.jpg (655x454, 67K)

Drop the optical drive

19Q2 Zen2. then Navi. and DDR5. sometime or other Intel 10nm
Wait™ meme will never end.

I'm looking for a good VA/IPS 1440p/144hz with freesync to pair with the new rig.
Althought I'm tired of playing everything at very low, I can probably wait till Q3. I just don't wanna get disappointed (less than 10% for the same price).

Navi will probably have a similar price/perf to the 1660Ti

No reason to wait if you have nothing or trash. If your hardware is still decent, always wait

No, but you have bigger problems because your 8350 is bottlenecking your 1080

V64 is almost always a bad deal

Where I live 1660Ti is $340 and the best vega64 is $400 rn (2070 is $550). I can probably get around 50 bucks for the 3 games inlcuded with the vega.
If navi is gonna have the same price/perf as the 1660Ti, I think I'm building now.

OP is retarded. If you get a new monitor, make sure it's 120+Hz with adaptive sync. Even Nvidia cards can use Freesync

>it should be a good contestant to 2080ti
2019's Navi will be mid range, retard. In 2020 there might be a 2080Ti competitor

Pic related
Every day until you post context with that benchmark

Attached: 1546804681803.jpg (2620x3416, 1.74M)