PC Complete System

Hey people,

my last PC was bought in 2011, so I have quite the old machine. Since it was only at most middle class in terms of speed I don't think I can use any of the components and just do some graphic's card or CPU upgrade.
(Upgraded RAM and GPU in 2016).

My current system is:
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 3,4GHz
8192 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4095GB

Since I want to step up my game and play newer games like the Witcher as well as Black Desert Online, I really need a new PC.

My Idea is the folllowing, with a budget of about AT MAX < 1k€ I am looking at this:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 6x3,60 GHZ
ASUS Prime B450M-K, S. AM4 V2
NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB
16GB G.Skill DDR4-2400
SSD250GB Crucial MX500
1TB Toshiba SATA II
500W Cooler Master
as well as a new Monitor (24" LED Asus VS247HR)

So what do you guys think, should I maybe go for another Graphic Card, or another CPU or is this system good and upgradeable for the future as well. At the moment this system would be around 955€. (With PC Chase, Cooler, etc.

Please give me your thoughts, would be very much appreciated.

Attached: Hades.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3000-cpu-specs-prices-online-retailer-ryzen-9-3850x-leak/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ah shameless self-bump for awareness.

Okay, let's give it one more try.
> bump

eat shit, tripfag

The 1060 ain't bad, would be better with a 1070 tho
Other than that a sata III compatable hdd would be better than the 3gb/s of sata II. Also mobo has m.2, will cost more but a 250gb m.2 would be much more beneficial and shouldn't break your budget.

Hey thanks for the input.
What is the 250 gb referring to?

If it is beneficial I would like to swap out the mentioned motherbord for yours, but I can't figure out which value I should be looking for.

(ah, I just missed an I, it should reader III not 2 for the HDD)

install gentoo

>if only there was a general here that discusses PC Builds

Saw it after the first guy answered me. Should have used the catalog, sorry. for that.

reddit

The 250gb is refering to the size of the ssd you listed.
Sorry I should have been clearer, I ment that the motherboard you have listed has an m.2 sata slot.
My suggestion is to buy a 250gb m.2 ssd instead of a sata ssd, 32gb/s transfer speeds is much better than the 6gb/s of sata III

The 960 is still a good video card. I use a 660 ti and I'm still like 25-30% better off than people on a 1050 ti.

All you really need is to upgrade to an AM4 board, transfer your RAM from your old PC to your new one if it's DDR4, and reuse the case, PSU, etc.

I'd get a RX 580 (180€, 8GB vRAM and faster than the 6GB GTX 1060).

On a budget, I'd buy only 8 GB of RAM instead of 16. I don't understand how the 16 GB of RAM meme is so popular. I work with 8 GB and I can play videogames, have +5 tabs on Firefox and use programs like Photoshop at the same time with no issues at all. And you can upgrade whenever you want.

I bought it like 3-4 years ago, and even then it was already a few years old, so I thought I would get a good upgrade now and can enjoy games again. At the moment my PC really struggles with a lot of games and is in general really slow. I don't know, I think I still have DDR 3 Ram in my current PC, the case was extremely cheap is is quite the mess by now. I'd rather start fresh with that one. Maybe I could use the power supply, but that seems just about all I can reuse.

When I compare this Card with mine, mine is supposed to be better and gets again dwarfed my the GeForce GTX 1070, so I don't know...

Ah okay, thanks for the information. Now I understand what you are getting at.

no worries Tobi, nice dubs

Also get the 1070 if you can afford it, it will smash the rx580

I run an rx480 8gb with your build, except i have the 955.
Wait for ryzen 2 and do a new build, most games use 6 cores for max settings and 8gb ram is becoming the minimum.
Be prepared to overhaul the system, i'm going for 16gb 3700x rx480 and a new mobo, maybe a new ssd for games bevause my 2tb drive is almost full.

You think the Ryzen 2 will be better than the Ryzen 5?
Ryzen 5 has 6 cores at a nice speed and I would consider everything above 6 wasted on gaming.
So the system I have chosen, you think I should rethink it?

-switch out the SATA 2 drive

-You most probably need a better power supply if you plan on overclocking

-16 gigs of ram is good

-You might consider a RX 590 or a 1660ti instead of 1060. All three cost "almost" the same

-might want to get a bigger SSD

Yea SATA 2 was a typ, was supposed to be SATA 3.
Did configure a 600 W power supply now.
The size of the ssd seems fine though this is the windows partition, and only that. never had more than 100GB-120 GB on a windows dedicated drive in my life time.
The gpu I would like to take the GeForce 1070 Option, you think that is okay?

Completely up to you, i like to spend a little more, and future proof.
wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3000-cpu-specs-prices-online-retailer-ryzen-9-3850x-leak/
This link shows the specs, your equivalent:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 8 cores 16 threads
4.0 GHz base
4.8 GHz turbo
95W
$258 US
If you find a good deal on your cpu go for it, but newer games on max settings are starting to use 6 cores and 8gb ram minimum now.
The midrange build in a year will be 16gb ram and 8 cores, but hey, i've ran all these years with a phenom processor, so it might not make that big of a difference.
Games now are very gpu heavy, so a strong gpu is good, 1070 will hold its weight for a while.
I'd just grab a 1tb ssd instead, they're getting cheaper every year, should be around $115, use slickdeals.com as well to find who has what on sale.

Wait for Zen2

They only seem to be having a small performance boost over the Ryzen 5... I couldn't find any prices yet, so what makes you say waiting would be beneficial?

Over the Ryzen 5? What are you talking about?
Zen2 is going to be the 3000 series, and they will have quite a big jump in performance from the 2000 series.

Are you me?

Actual build:
965BE
M4A89GTD
16GB 1600MHz
950PRO 250GB

Just buyed:
R5 2600
Prime X470PRO
16GB 3200MHz gskill
970EVO 500GB

that's a namefag, newfag fuckface dipshit