A linux distro that looks and behaves just like windows

>a linux distro that looks and behaves just like windows
what is your excuse now, wintards

Attached: zorin-os-logo-781AF377A3-seeklogo.com.png (300x119, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zorinos.com/download/lite/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAT

>just like Windows
You mean like a grognard's completely false idea of Windows.

We already have hundreds of Windows clones. And they all fucking suck because they lack most of the things that make Windows good, like the ability to use a PC entirely without the command line (the moment you remove the mouse acceleration checkbox from mouse settings you make CLI mandatory for a portion of your users), to use the GUI with keyboard shortcuts (seriously, every section of the task bar has its own hotkey combination for getting focused) and to have coherent systems under the hood (I know why I have twenty different disparate and redundant networking commands, but this doesn't make it good from a usability perspective).

i don't think so, senpai
zorinos.com/download/lite/

>ability to use a PC entirely without the command line
>coherent systems
>what make windows great
>windows
lol

What's the difference between that and the houndeds of other distros?

Well, if you can't read a single line.... then possibly you won't notice the difference between this and the other "houndeds" of distros.

Tell me, how do you invoke a text editor as root? What is the equivalent of ipconfig /all?

>invoke a text editor as root
>ipconfig /all
>what makes windows great

Looking at their site it looks like Ubuntu with a different wallpaper honestly, however unlike Ubuntu they charge for it. You can use other distros without touching the terminal too if you're referring to that.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-01-19-22-29~2.png (1440x508, 35K)

Nevermind I'm retarded, it's an option for free

The moment you need to do any admin stuff in a tool in a DE, you will need to drop into a terminal emulator and use either su or sudo to get root privileges for your tool of choice.
For example, when you want to edit your hosts file.

Also, when you want to troubleshoot networking and barely know about networking - just enough to know that DNS, IP and default gateway are likely to be the cause of your issues - you better fucking have an at-a-glance command instead of a suite of at least three commands to check it with.

>a bunch of shit over 50% windows users don't give a shit about
>definitely not what made windows great/popular as it is today
>what makes windows great
LOL

If you already have Windows, why would you switch a Linux distro that looks and behaves just like Windows but without the software support?

Trying to recreate Windows or MacOS in Linux is retarded.

alright i just installed it, double clicked a windows gayme on my hd and the os started downloading some shit outta nowhere
and then the game ran
im okay with this

Depends
Windows for gaming
Linux for the tor and the darkweb

Sure, tell yourself that bud. Windows is easy to use at all levels and you can slide along the sliding scale of powerlevel arbitrarily.

>looks and behaves just like windows
Why would I want that? People use Windows because they need software compatibility to do useful work. Its post-7 look and feel is one of the things that everyone hates, and what makes alternatives like Ubuntu and Mint seem appealing since they enhance the traditional desktop metaphor instead of butchering it to appeal to the 0.000005% of Windows users that own a Surface.

I've used it for over a year. it's utter shit compared to Mint.

It's significantly heavier than Mint Xfce, MX Linux and Xubuntu.

heheHEHehehheh....

>Follows the same "it just werks" mentality of winblows
>utter shit compared to mint
>mint
>which is requires terminal and basic linux knowledge
lol
also
>significantly heavier
>""""""""""""""""heavier"""""""""""""
>source: my arsehole
lol

What fucking scam artists.
>Buy le Ultimate edition where we preinstall a bunch of Free Software and charge you 20 quid for doing it!!!
Fuck these guys, I had given them the benefit of the doubt and assumed the paid version included some paid software at a discount like maybe Steam games or some proprietary Linux programs but no, they charge you for SuperTuxCart and preinstalling WINE. Get fucked, I hope this project fails in every way it can fail.

Just install a lightweight linux distro and use it alongside windows you mongoloid.

>b-but theres a paid version so it sucks
libretard detected

Why the fuck do they deserve to get money for work other people did for free? All they are doing is bundling free software together and trying to profit from it, its not even like the days where people sold disks and you paid them for the effort of burning it and sending it to you, they do literally nothing other that slap a price on it where there wasn't one. Pay us just because?

>instead of butchering it to appeal to the 0.000005% of Windows users that own a Surface.
But they butchered the tablet interface to appeal to all of the whiners who weren't using Windows anyway.

test

hehehHEEHEHhehhhh

oh look another noobunto clone
into the trash

What's the point?

Attached: 1551918954355.jpg (350x456, 26K)

And now it doesn't appeal to anyone. It feels like two OSes stitched together, which means this is no longer a major downside to Linux (GTK and Qt).

WE

I don't think "noobunto" allows you to double click your cars away... just like winblows.

Elaborate you braindamaged shill

>can't even read
>elaborate
what is the point

>Its post-7 look and feel is one of the things that that everyone hates
Speak for yourself, I don't.

So it looks like Windows but its still an obscure hobbyist OS with no software. Why would I want this?

> Why would I want that?
Its almost as if this isn't made for you. crazy.

stop spamming it, fucking shill
no sane person is going to buy your paid scam which is just bundled with popular free software.
it's just reskinned gnome3 anyway. just further from upstream so bye bye any security updates
also your multi-tasking/workspace/whatever video on download page is visibly made of video players

Source: I used it, you fucking retard. It's garbage and always has been.

>Source: I used it, you fucking retard.
Exactly. It came out of your glorious arsehole.

>no sane person is going to buy
Considering you didn't even bothered reading the whole thing (or you wouldn't have said it)... your retardation amuses me.

>came out of someone's ass
Just like every single statement ever made. If you care about it so much test it yourself.

poor attempt for bait

Attached: muh_loonix_security.png (739x255, 16K)

>safe from viruses
>no one is going to buy
>viruses
sopademacaco.jpg

Because Windows is a botnet.

Of course I don't know why anyone would want their Linux based OS look like Windows, but presumably the Zorins of the world are meant for people who are scared of anything that doesn't look like Windows.

>Lincucks think everyone has/needs excuses like they do.
With all the genetic research into cloning they might be able to grow you a spine.

My excuse is that I am still saving up for the RAM and Harddrives that will go in the rig that will run Zorin.
I am also waiting for ReactOS to mature to a point where all my shit works.

Ok, so I'll take the bait:
>drop into a terminal emulator and use either su or sudo to get root privileges for your tool of choice
You mean how it should be done for people that know computers. /v/ does not need to apply.
>you better fucking have an at-a-glance command
'ip' and spamming tab to see what your options are is a thing. Your average joe doesn't know ipconfig /all, so you might as well use a more dedicated program now that you cared enough to enter the hell that is a terminal on windows.

zorin? was it made by sjws? sounds like sarin, toxic af

ReactOS will be compatible with windows 7 in 15 years. By that time windows will be irrelevant.

>can run winblows games
>but can't run pirated winblows games
nah ill keep using my win 10 pajeet edition thank you very much

All the things I want to run are WinXP native or older anyways, so I only have to wait 5 years for them to run perfectly.

Which is all probably runnable on WINE.
>only have to wait 5 years for them to run perfectly.
The project is over 15 years old and it still can't be installed on real hardware. It'll take at least 5 years to achieve that alone. Ignoring the fact that you still need driver compatibility and 64bit.

linux is a kernel
when will you learn

Akshually, it does run on real hardware now.
Granted I have only seen it run on Thinkpads, but hey its something.

>looks and behaves just like windows
Welp looks like I just stick with the og windows then.

Inferior imitates the superior.

yes... and this is a distribution of that Linux kernel.
Nothing OP said was wrong. Other than having shit taste.

When you stop letting yourself to be triggered by a word.