R.I.P. Alpine Linux

it was a nice run

Attached: 1554142328479.png (720x1106, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council/Code_of_conduct
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

based. GNU wins again.

Jow Forums killed another project?
nice

❤️

Was it any good?

Did it get COC'd?

Hopefully he joins a decent distro team like SUSE

Nobody believed me when I told them Alpine is going to collapse in an avalanche. I feel bad for those who invested time into it.

and another one bites the dust

>using a hobby distro

F🙁

Shows you have no idea what you're talking about. Alpine makes up a considerable part of the docker ecosystem.

good for containers, since it has a (very) small base image. unfortunately, since it uses musl performance isn't as good as glibc, so anything performant you wouldn't use alpine anyways.

It was a very small distro you could use in docker, routers, etc.

>docker
Miss me with that gay shit. Ever heard of chroot? Dockerfags are professional hobbyists.

yamero

Attached: 1526216891705.jpg (499x720, 68K)

What is Sir William Pitcock being a manchild about now?

>professional hobbyists

Attached: carlos.jpg (1920x1080, 107K)

>alpine
Nice shit linux for docker usage.

who?

Like it or not (I don't, but the market does not care about my opinion) but as soon as someone makes money with it it's a profession. Docker is huge and we're not going to spite it away.

Linux is a kernel.

Damn

> containerization sucks!
No way, this is part of the long movement to infastructure-as-code.

> POZ'd policies too much for him at Alpine
> Thinks SUSE of all fucking places isn't 10000x worse.

Attached: retarded.gif (240x180, 2M)

Wow another assmad incel. Who's the snowflake again?

Is that Captain Archer?

>Pitcock
lol cock😂

it's been a long road

>implying it won't be phased out by podman in the very near future

>He hasn't seen Quantum Leap

it needs rhel patches to not suck
they won't merge them because fuck compatibility
heck, they openly praise themselves for crippling the project
also, running a container for each service because you're lazy might work, but it will always be bloated, inefficient garbage

Eheheheh

Attached: bb.jpg (1500x1125, 276K)

Could a non-redditor give a synopsis?
I have no idea what the drama is about or who this guy is in relation to alpine.

It sounds from the few messages I read that this guy worked alot on it, it got popular, he is/was tolerating leftists because he's stupid/spineless or is one. This is what happens so no surprise.

Holy shit fucking based

kek

RENT FREE

Are you from reddit?

Well at least they got pass the logo design stage.

Have sex

Have a real gender.

my gender is irrational

Assuming this is not an april fools troll given its near-to-but-not-yet date... what political correctness seriously affected the project? I don't mean someone having a fit because some people are using a stupid code of conduct or whatnot, but real issues that impacted development

>hobbyist distros
>ever
if you don't use a mainstream, well-maintained distro you're going to be cucked eventually. stop being a hipster and just use Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora etc.

docker

So you are a woman?

how2heartpost

No, the thread is full of them ree'ing about incels and other crap. I just wanted a general idea what's going on from a human perspective. They can't provide that.
No one replied, so I was probably close.

The Code of Cuck is a serious problem, plebbitor.

Why asking?

>using docker
Congratulations allowing rootkits to nest inside your firmware ring 0 and under ring -1 which is ME.
Dead serious. There's a reason docker needs root even though it doesn't need root at any single code line if properly engineered. Why do you think docker is intentionally made to be as feature bloated and as insecure as possible??

Why is this faggot quitting?
Come on guys, we need more people working for free to build the infrastructure that will make some venture capitalists even richer!

Go write that GPL code.

You mean BSD.

it's a unicode heart, meaning you literally have to ctrl-c ctrl-v

>chroot
nice b8

Attached: images.jpg (221x228, 9K)

based

testing

Link to the thread?

docker is dead baby

>images.jpg

Annoyed reminder docker bypasses your hosts file and, like systemd, has 8.8.8.8 DNS resolvers hardcoded into it.

Attached: 301 - swvsY7e.jpg (225x225, 17K)

I was a SJW once, but I'm chill now. I heard from tech conferences, where I am glad CoCs exist. People get CoCs wrong. It's not about you keeping you mouth shut, but to not get personal and bring your whole person into a discussion, if not necessary.

Anything else a CoC is used for is cancer, hijacked by people whoe feel inferrior and have extreme psychological complexes, the first being a lack of confidence in their own judgement.

There is no shortage of container thingies.

don't believe him, he's a troll

ok then try heart in options
i was rarted enough to not look if it was in perks

Rant on: There are way too much people in tech today, who are in tech, because the cool (smart, rich) kids today hangout in tech. Remember when people were dissed for being nerds?

The people who have a hard time to participate (because it's fucking work) find other ways to make their VOICE heard, right. Shut up and do not call me stupid, even if I say stupid things.

That's cancer. Those people won't last long anywhere - that's the good thing.

+1 Like

Never took Docker too seriously. But know that I look into it closer, it just amazes me, how inferior tech can make such waves. Imagine someone writes something really game-changing, then what?

>I was a SJW once, but I'm chill now

tranny confirmed lmfao

Only real fags use docker. Real people package their shit properly. Based niggas use NixOS

>niggas
niggers
>nix
guix

Exatry. Why are people so content to just put everything under the rug and call it a day.

what's wrong with you?

F

But at the end of the day, the only distros that will be left out are Debian and Fedora desu.
God bless monopolies.

You replied to the thread where they are ree'ing, sweety. Tails=your playing dumb or maybe just are.Coin Flip: Heads

arch is going strong.

*Gentoo
Gentoo will never die.

>But at the end of the day, the only distros that will be left out are Slackware and Gentoo desu.
Fixed.

Attached: 1552813633148.gif (220x257, 59K)

fuck me. I fucking knew it was a botnet. Now what? It was easy to set up, but fuck.

>Install Gentoo
fixed

>Gentoo
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council/Code_of_conduct
Don't worry: if Gentoo gets any more relevant then the usual pozz will be added to it.

gentoo BTFO

idk why these retards sperg out about a CoC. Like, what's changed? Fucking nothing.

Coc's say you can't contribute to projects unless you suck tranny dick
trash sad

>Did it get COC'd?
what does this mean?

he's afraid of his own sex

Then you dockerize it

Docker is tip top Pajeetware. Look at all the non-whites you just triggered.

He's asking whether or not a type of person has infiltrated the project and instituted a system of authoritarian control over it in the guise of "political correctness", where only they have say on what is considered good or bad behavior with no regard to impartiality or true fairness. Weakling computer nerds don't really stand a chance.

Debootstrap + chroot. There, fuck-face.

What is this drama about? Why he left?

>I was a SJW once
Stopped reading there

Attached: laugh.jpg (238x284, 30K)

But user, CoCs exist for no other reason than to pull others' whole persons into the discussion so you can banish them.

So what the fuck happened?

>kaniini
nothing of value was lost, he's a virtue signalling fag

Attached: Screenshot_20190109-235155.png (1080x412, 84K)

Oh, so good, nothing of value was lost!

Yeah, nothing of value was lost

what is the context of this? what's he trying to remove

if i remember correctly it was someone daring to talk about lewd stuff with teenagers

anime loli pedo
based