You are still working on your game, right Jow Forums?

You are still working on your game, right Jow Forums?

Attached: godot.png (353x143, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

s.4cdn.org/image/temp/dinosaur.gif
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lost the game๐Ÿ’”

you got it

i need to get out of my parents house, user

forgot pic

Attached: brush.png (1280x720, 310K)

Maybe.๐Ÿฐ

me have best score

I couldn't figure out how to use Godot.

Took me a bit to get used to Godot but now I really like it and am using it for my game. It seems like the 3D stuff is still needing a bit of work but I adore the 2D nodes a lot and they make my workflow real fast.๐Ÿ˜‚

I need to start working on it even if it means going the retard way and using Godot.
I got a very good idea for a project but I'm too lazy to want to so it.

Attached: godot.png (665x646, 151K)

>You are still working on your game engine, right Jow Forums?
yeah sure

Alright Jow Forums, let's settle this for once. What's the point of writing your own engine when you can just get some premade engine like Unity, UE, Godot, etc and make something that you'll be actually able to finish and that will not be a toy.

I finished my game engine ...for now
Now I'm thinking how to design everything in terms of code

Unity is too buggy too laggy and too limited
UE doesn't support based C#
Godot is worse than Unity

>He uses a retarded fucking gaymen engine because tranny can't into code. Take a strapon tranny and fucking choke yourself to death.

>What's the point of writing your own engine
To have fun programming one. Any game that you finish using an existing engine will still be a toy. You're not going to make it.

If I could find someone to make assets for me I'd love to develop a game, but idk where to find artists or whoever who'd be dedicated

I haven't even started

Reminder.

Attached: GiveUp.png (795x250, 35K)

At least people enjoy'd anons game. Its okay if it doesn't sell well, user did something most people will never do and that is release something and 2k people enjoyed. The majority of people will never create something that people will enjoy.

Working through the exercises in Whitington's intro OCaml book. They're pretty chill, but lots of iterating through things recursively.

>implying I'm doing it for money

that's what he gets for releasing to PC, and Steam of all places

What was the game?

im retarded cant read and cant learn and lose interest in everything in 3 days or less๐Ÿด

>Any game that you finish using an existing engine will still be a toy.
Ah yes its april fools day

The vast majority of indie games are complete trash. To think that yours will be the exception is just hubris.
Better to do what you want and have fun with it than chase after some idiotic dream of making a successful video game.

>s.4cdn.org/image/temp/dinosaur.gif
>/temp/
wish it was forever =[

fun is ephemeral and fleeting
bones are forever

I've never written a game. Video games weren't really a big part of my life as a kid, so I never really got into game programming.๐Ÿธ

Which game engine allows me to have 100% dynamic levels (minecraft tier without the blocks)?

Just use Unity you fucking mongloids

>that's what he gets for releasing to PC, and Steam of all places
yes, make a linux-exclusive game instead.

godot is improving faster than unity

>one /v/ user make game with unity
>rake almost $1mil in sale in just one week.
The fucking state if this neckbeard board

Attached: girl_eating_chocolate_2.jpg (300x450, 122K)

fuck... me too... :-(

Only because it has a lot of improve on.

Working on an algorithm that generates a 3D navigation grid for my levels, so far I've got it to generate climbing and jump points all automatically so AI agents can actually navigate through the level in 3D unlike most games where they're stuck on the ground

You can do things that would be difficult or unwieldy in a prebuilt engine
If you have the experience sometimes it's easier to run your own engine than bother learning someone elses