/spg/ - Smartphone General

Nokia 6.2 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 1547507079538.jpg (1533x1149, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DrM2eW9Xe4Q
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/klte/install
youtube.com/watch?v=yU4eZcFgxe8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

US GSM bands?
6GB RAM?
Battery Size?
Dimensions?
Fingerprint gestures?
Price?

I honestly want the back fingerprint scanner and right side button design more than anything. But if it has >3500 and 6GB for under 400 I might jump in and forget the new OP7.

Fuck in screen fingerprint scanners, fuck pop up motor camera taking away face unlock and wasting battery, and fuck the lack of ability to pull down the notification bar without moving your hand.

What new Xiaomeme phones are coming out in the next few months?

>front branding
>xboxhueg status bar because muh punch hole
did they not get the memo that its 2019?

6.4-inch, Full HD IPS-LCD display
Snapdragon 660
6 GB RAM
48+2+5 MP triple camera
3500 mAH battery

Nokia 6 and 6.1 had official release in the US so hopefully 6.2 will too.

Mix 3 5G, that gaming phone of theirs, Mi9X.

Mix 3 5G, Mi A3, Mi A3 Lite.

Running on a tighter budget around 200-300 euros, is it worth buying a Nokia 6.1 or something else?

>SD 660
I hear that is an efficient processor but well underpowered compared to the 800s OP7 will be running. Any ballpark on the battery life and SOT with those specs?

Also ballpark on the price?

Attached: ki660nmiye6z (1).png (750x597, 623K)

>6 inch 1080p OLED display
>teardrop notch & equally thin bezels on all sides
>5000mAh battery
>headphone jack
>waterproof
>good camera
>good processor
>6/8GB RAM
>Android One
why does no manufacturer do this?
would be the perfect phone
Redmi Note 7

it's too big and looks clunky, and it's also a chink phone and i don't trust china.
I'm coming from an Xperia X Compact so feel me

Redmi Note 7 or Pocophone

I've had Xiaomi phones and they're not clunky, they're built well and perform well too.
pretty sure both the Nokia 6.1 and the Xperia you're coming from feel clunkier than the RN7.

Help me brehs
>Must have
Big battery
Decent SoC like the SD 675 or better
Headphone jack
If notch, prefer small or hole
>Nice to have
Stock android
Not a chink phone
>Location
Europe
>Price
I can find a new galaxy s10e for 550 euro so anything that beats this price would be nice.
The best thing that matches my list is the s10e , what do you faggots think

fuck it man the choice is either going to be a chink phone or not even a smart phone, thanks anyhow.

yes pretty much
chink phones are good and not expensive as shit like the established brands, and I wouldn't be so paranoid tbqh
if somebody wants to spy on you they'll be able to somehow, but do you really think you're that important?
if somebody

Thoughts on Mi 8 vs Mi 9? Mostly when it comes to the camera, Mi 8 has OIS, the Mi 9 doesn't. Wanna buy a smartphone mostly for the camera, good low-light performance is necessary.

either way youre being spied by using a smartphone so might as well not spend 500-600 euros each 3 years on a new piece of junk thats destined to fail anyways

is Redmi 7 worth it ??

Attached: 62670711.jpg (1074x1530, 145K)

Huawei is supposed to be good with camera, maybe get last years' flagship (P20)
software support might be an issue and it could get laggy, but the camera should be good
depends on the phone you're upgrading from but compared to other phones, yes, Xiaomi has the best price/performance

The phone in the OP

redmi 6a is way cheaper

Do you know Europe gets Exynos versions of Samsungs which have horrible battery life? The one phone I can think of that matches your list very closely is the Oneplus 6.

>the s10e power button/fp reader has a terrible wobbly problem

Fuck it. They had to kill a good phone somehow. Also sometimes you can hear the camera making noises if you shake the phone.

Look up how both perform with gcam. If I remember, Mi8 shares the camera hardware with the Mix 3 and that one performs godly when using gcam.

can you view exhentai on ios?

Attached: unit_ready.webm (720x1280, 2.98M)

Yeah, but you can only see yaoi.

Why don't they make a 16:9 screen anymore? All these 18:9 screens are so tall that I can't reach the top notification pull down one handed. (and those "one handed" modes are shit)
>herr herr manlet hands

>firefox on ios don't even support extensions

Trash.

Pic related is an Aprils Fools hoax by some shitty macfag website and I'm in love with this design.
I'm legit upset Apple didn't release a new iPhone SE like this.

Attached: iphone se 2.png (521x475, 414K)

>get galaxy s5 from a tech for replacing broken screen
>wont recognize sd card and restarts randomly while i'm using it then gets stuck into bootloop
>if i take the battery off for like 10 minutes and put it back it will turn on and work for some random minutes until it restarts again
>/spg/ tells me to turn it onto the recovery mode to see if it restarts while on that mode, and says that if it doesnt, then it's not a hardware problem
>it doesnt restart randomly while on recovery
>but it also wont turn on again anymore after that, when i press power it just vibrates quickly and shows nothing on the screen
>panic
>realize it still turns on by recovery mode
>proceed to install the latest compatible rom off the samsung website
>installs fine
>try to turn it on
>same bootloop shit
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee What do?

Attached: 1443676810457.gif (500x500, 890K)

>new LOS update on April's Fools

Yeah, you won't fool me twice.

Attached: AF2016.jpg (1920x2560, 433K)

What is this new Like button's use?

Then why do you call it a shitty macfag website?

>Do you know Europe
Well, not just Europe, every country except the US gets Exynos Samsung flagships.

My dude has an old Alcatel OneTouch POP C7 with a custom rom installed. Whoever installed it replaced stock camera with this "Footej Camera" and the picture quality is SHIT.
What's the stock camera for this phone?

Oh God, I remember people sperging out about this. What was it all about by the way? Something harmless I think, but since some people are autistic and can't take a joke they had to apologise I believe. That screenshot looks fun though.

Which should i buy?. Its for my brother he is a very average user, he is currently using a moto g1 (he is that average) but i want to gift him a new smartphone for his birthday so heres the list.

Motorola One
Motorola G7 play
Huawei Y7 2019
Huawei P smart 2019

Thats what i have in mind, in my country the prices are almost the same, so what phone should i get?

this custom camera app gives you the picture quality you deserve

design wise, iphone peaked with Space Gray 5s/SE

Just updated my Pixel 1 to Q beta1.
Had to disable animations because there was some lag occasionally, but everything else runs smoothly and I've yet to run into any bugs.

Redmi Note 7

APPARENTLY IT WONT EVER TURN ON AGAIN EVEN IF I LEAVE IT WITHOUT THE BATTERY FOR MINUTES

What's a budget phone for around 200€ where the back isn't glued or glass?

I dont like xiaomi

Redmi Note 5 / Note 6 Pro, Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1

The phone is not for you, is it? RN7 is the best option available in its price range

You said you're buying it for your brother lol, so the only one who has to like it him

Ok so i'm trying to download an app on my phone, and everytime i try to download it it gives me an error saying ''error retrieving info from server(DF-BA-AH-01). I tried deleting the cache and even the data from the play store but nothing changed.
I'm on a Pixel 2 if it can help.

safe and lightweight rom for galaxy s5?

Attached: Screenshot_14.jpg (312x347, 37K)

Download the fluid gesture navigation app, it adds a swipe at the bottom right of the screen to pull down the notification bar.

today was the first time i played with a high end phone
it was nice but for the price it is super overrated. im fine with my pos. im surprised i almost bought one without ever having tried one out

what is the difference?

My v35 having the fingerprint scanner/power button on the back is the only complaint I have about it so I guess it would be right up your alley. Volume buttons are on the side.

They're all shit compared to Xiaomi phones of the same pricerange.
Do your brother a favor and get the Redmi Note 7 over the ones you listed.

does android kitkat have compatibility issues in 2019

any phones have smart key on the back fingerprint scanner like this and have fingerprint gestures too?
youtube.com/watch?v=DrM2eW9Xe4Q

The back fingerprint + remappable button(3x functions) is the best fucking design ever and I hate that as far as I've found only the fucking 2016 honor 8 has this.

Attached: aku.gif (400x266, 837K)

I guess? Lots of apps are not supported on kitkat anymore and it will only get worse.
A bunch of system and google apps are not supported on my old asus tablet anymore so I'm stuck on their old (and probably unsafe) versions.

Lineage

Any KeyOne users here? How is it?

Jow Forums step to step how to install it, i dont have this twrp thing and i cant find anything but a retarded Oreo rom for it (mine is the G900M)

You like being spoon-fed, uh?
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/klte/install

Not that I know of. Phones that have an AI button from Samsung and Xiaomi can map it in the same way and you can map functions to other buttons as well. The only instance where the FP scanner is ever used is to take a photo, only because it's very convenient for selfies.

will that fuck with my phone if i want to install stock rom again?

Ñot at all. You can go back to stock any time you want, just flash the stock rom using twrp.
The only thing you should be aware of is that unlocking the bootloader will void your phone's warranty.

What phones are there that compete with the note 9? Looking into getting one but not sure what alternatives there are. Using an s7 right now

Galaxy S8 Active
>phone has a good amount of weight
>flat display
>4000mah
>sturdy enough to be /out/
>headphone jack
>microsd capable
>not super bloated compared to my last phone (sprint)
>peak aesthetics: good amount of bezels without any gross notches or holes

Attached: 61Aj4FFSO3L.jpg (500x484, 66K)

Looks like a construction worker phone.

alright i'm retarded where do i buy chinkphones like the redmi note 7

Anyone know of a good pomodoro open source app for Android?

>plastic screen

Factually wrong

If I'm on a 3GB RAM/32GB phone, will I notice a big difference going to a phone of equal specs, but running android 7 vs android 6?

>peak aesthetics
>"construction site utility" style
Fucking boomer.

It's a glass screen with a plastic layer on top, therefore a plastic screen.

kidz timer? dunno that it's open-source, but it is free as in beer

you sound like a special iphone retard who buys glue'n'glass "pretty" phones so you can put their delicate asses into cases lest your frail wrists let your lubed up dildophone slip out of your shit-caked fingers

Wewad I never though i could make a mental image and smell someone so accurately through the internet.

Are you people really getting rn7s and pocophones with only 1-3 bands? Are they not that big of a deal?
t. Att phone plan

v35 back fingerprint scanner remappable like this?:
Also does it support fingerprint gestures? What is the SOT and Battery Life like? I have an honor 8 but i can't find any info on the v35 battery life online.

No and no. Battery is pretty good. You can get about 9 hours SOT. Battery always lasts me a full day. I once had Spotify playing through an aux cable to the stereo at work for like 6 hours using cellular and it was still at like 60% by the end of the day. I don't think you're ever going to find a phone with the things you're asking for. I've never even heard of fingerprint scanner gestures.

Fingerprint gestures is scrolling up and down on the notification bar or the screen by tracking your finger across the scanner like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=yU4eZcFgxe8

Honor 8 has fingerprint gestures and the back button fully remappable with 3 functions, and that chink piece of shit is from 2016. I'm surprised in 3 years LG who ALWAYS has a button on the back hasn't implimented a remappable button on the scanner when they already have a power button on the side, nor have gotten fingerprint gestures. Really sad, I would love an unchinked phone, but only the Honor 8 seems to have all these god tier features for 1 handed utility. But my H8's battery is getting shittier by the day.
I guess I'll have to see tomorrow if Nokia will deliver on any of those

Attached: 1546899418343.gif (200x200, 470K)

Major bait. Xperia UI is among the top 5 for Android.

All that and still no front firing speakers
plus exyshit for most of the world.
Indeed, peak smartphone aesthetics was the Xperia Z/XZ1 series. This is jusut rugged trash

Any Jow Forums approved wifi killer?

Attached: IMG_20190331_163243.png (463x469, 105K)

This looks like a gimmick at best. If I want one handed then I can just use one handed mode. I'd rather just put my phone down on my knee or a table and just use it one handed like that or 2 hand it like a normal person.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-01-22-02-55.png (1440x2880, 1.03M)

I GENUINELY can't tell if you're being sarcastic someone please tell me if the Xperia UI is an ongoing meme or something. My android 4 Motorola was more intuitive than that dogshit.

I avg 6 hour sot on my v35

Last Xperia I used was on Nougat and it was pretty damn comfy.

>>Post a mini-review of your phone
do people do this?

My gf's was the XA2 on Oreo. I got it for her because she wanted a good camera and I got shilled into thinking it was a good choice. It was a complete buggy shit hole with an ugly as fuck UI. It made her want to go back to iPhone. She ended up breaking it so I just gave her my old LG Q6 and now she loves Android.

Should i cop an xperia xz1? I could get it cheap-ish now

What are the opinions on OnePlus? I'm Canadian and want a new phone, considering the 6T or should I wait for the 7? Are the phones any good? It'll be my first flagship since 2014

Not how it works

is the moto g7 power good?

What os is thos

Attached: P_20190315_145444.jpg (4096x2304, 1.92M)

If the bands work for you then the Zenfone Max Pro M1 is better and cheaper

> $600 budget.
> T-Mobile.
> US

I want the best bang for your buck. Help.

OnePlus 6T

Not everyone's a burgershit.

Hell yeah!