/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
[YouTube] how to build a pc. (embed)

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Attached: 1553924105779.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1974190-1-2.html
noctua.at/en/nf-a14-pwm-chromax-black-swap
pcpartpicker.com/list/j9RtGG
imgur.com/a/VAqGhdp
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/kLBRWD
pcpartpicker.com/list/z3GF29
pcpartpicker.com/product/p8x2FT/nzxt-h500-black-atx-mid-tower-case-ca-h500b-b1
pcpartpicker.com/list/M2d7LJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/f9gfbX
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RGB is cool but wont keep your PC cool
check CFM before buying kids, or you will be sweating with your PC!

Reminder that zen 2 is delayed until August.
If you need to buy, buy now.

check dBa

120CFM but 60 dBa would suck ass compared to 70CFM and 25 dBa

What's the point of a noctua d15 compared to a d15s with an extra fan?
Is the second fan even necessary for the d15s or does it cool well enough for most purposes?

It's a single fan so it doesn't fuck with your RAM heatsinks.

If you have clearance, the two fans perform better, 1 fan still performs decently though.

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1974190-1-2.html

Bros ...

I figured that much, but is there any real difference beyond the fan? If I stuck a 2nd fan on it, would it basically be the same as a normal d15 aside from being offset away from the pci-e slot?

imagine having thermals worse than my RGB fans

Attached: 20190327_215502.jpg (4032x3024, 3.53M)

>cooling the CPU
>then trhowing all that nice hot air inside the case
imagine not knowing what a pull push configuration is
uh, why is the CPU pump not horizontally oriented?

Source of him saying
>zen2 will definitely btfo 9900k in gaming?
Since you screencap everything, you should have that, right?

Why do you use doublequotes when Jow Forums has quote formatting markdown, btw?

They're pretty much literally identical besides one coming with 2 fans.

Attached: 2019-04-01 20_55_57.png (1613x1125, 474K)

so what's the deal with CPUs like FX-9590? 8 cores, 4.7gz... is the only downside the wattage? it seems like a nobrainer for power/price ratio, what am I missing

Hoses wont stretch that far sadly but the setup works incredibly well

5ghz but overall worse than its competition in every way

>just ignite my shit up senpai

I replied in the other thread, but they're essentially just old and have shitty IPC compared to modern CPUs.

Attached: 2019-04-01 20_57_44.png (1082x1287, 245K)

Bros ... I can't fucking wait anymore ... I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2600x and a 1660ti ....

should be fine for 1080p60 or even 1440p60.

Ancient architecture. The clockspeed is meaningless. An FX 9590 running at 5.0 GHz will be slower in some tasks than an $80 intel or Ryzen CPU that's running 1.5 GHz slower and consuming a quarter of the power.

Is the Ace good?

thanks

Its trades blows with the aorus master in performance and doesnt have the awful bios, but the master will have slightly better temps. So yea its great overall

160mm and 165mm clearance, they are huge

i think im gonna pull the trigger on NH-c14s, i wanted to save my PC of this desert brown and sand color but i dont think its possible to. if i could potentially add a extra shitty fan on top, it might hide the noctua on bottom but i dont think i have clearance

What sort of videocard+cpu do I want to run 1080p at really, really high frames? Like, to smoothly drive games in a 144hz monitor

you can get the noctua chromax

noctua.at/en/nf-a14-pwm-chromax-black-swap

9600k and 2060

If you want to go overkill you can get 9700k and 2070/2080.

144fps is 2060 territory
a i5 8700k wont choke you. to prevent sperging, i belive a 2700x will more that suffice for the 2060
also get memory with at least 2800 speed with low CAS

The issue with the 2700x for 144hz gaming is it has more difficulty than Intel CPUs in maintaining a steady high fps, the 2700x will see far more dips into lower fps ranges.

9590 at 4.7GHz is like a 4c/8t Ryzen at 2.5Ghz. Way way worse than a 6 or 8 core at 4+.
Frequency isn't everything.

Depends on game.
Some games run 144-400+fps fine on a 2600X or even less.
Others won't even run at 144 on a 9900k as they're locked to 60, 100, or the engine is just shit so they won't run much over 100 or 120 no matter how powerful your PC is.

Just wait bro! For navi and ryzen 3000!

Completely depends on the game and how attached you are to the highest settings. 2080/Radeon VII/used 1080ti minimum unless you're happy turning settings down to medium and possibly lower. Keep in mind that many games aren't really optimized much past 60-100 Hz so the push to get some of these engines to run pinned at 144 Hz is pretty substantial.
>9600k
>2060
Bitch please. 9700k minimum, ideally 9900k, especially if you're playing highly threaded games like BF V.

its not RGB, just black
for what i read a dual fan config on that cooler is useless as well, then theres the issue noctua is just excellent at making fans. i could just ram a RGB fan on top supposely with the noctua on bottom

unless theres some issue pairing fans on top of each other that i dont know of

what's the breakdown on 2600x vs i5-9600k? why does OP recommend one over the other? for gaming

Might as well wait until may 1st ... maybe amd will announce something ... if not ... then just buy that.

9600k for 144hz 1080p
2600x for 60hz 1080p or 1440p
2700x for 144hz 1080p or 60hz 1440p
9700k for 144hz 1080p, 1440p, or 60hz 4k
9900k for 144hz 1440p or 60hz 4k

Anyone else worried that AMD has been dead silent about Navi and Zen 2? Feels like something went VERY wrong with both.

Ryzen should absolutely not be considered for 144 Hz gaming. I love what Ryzen has done for the market but this is just a stupid recommendation. 144 Hz is like the only niche intel still has on lock.

even adoredtv is distancing himself from them. its not looking good bros

over promise and under deliver, it's been the AMD way for years.

they are confident enought to slash prices on old cpu chips
its one of those Just Wait (tm) situations.

Lisa Su was shitting bricks during their CES demo. I think AMD is finished.

>Anyone else worried that AMD had been dead silent about Zen, and that it turned out better than expected?
>Anyone else worried that AMD had been dead silent about Zen+, and that it turned out better than expected?
>yo guys Intel is talking about shit they're going to release 4 years from now omg I'm buying a 9700k right NOW hurry buy it NOW before Zen 2 comes out it'll be disappointing bros!

lmao imagine being this brainless

Yeah, the price drops on previous/current generations is telling that they expect to move Zen 2 fine.

Attached: firefox_2019-04-01_21-20-28.jpg (1818x1018, 213K)

I only suggested it at 1080p 144hz where it is suitable for some games.

Obviously intel is the main recommendation for 144hz, just look at my post, all the 144hz recommendations except 1 are intel CPUs.

yea except there was literally no hype for zen or zen+, you fucking namefag shill

Why did the namefag stop namefagging?

1660 6gb vs 1060ti? for 1080p stuff, I want to run 75hz at least

1060 should be sufficient but tbqh depends on cpu and memory

I assume you meant 1660 Ti since there never existed a 1060 Ti.

Either will be fine.

1660 and OC it

GTX 1660 Ti is an excellent GPU. Take it, my African-American assimilated cotton picker.

Bullied by intel and nvidia chads.

Why does the retard who shills, lies, and manipulates not use a name while pretending to be multiple people under Anonymous when he's really just one person?

Exactly. Thanks for agreeing.
AMD is being just as quiet and anti-hype about Zen 2 as they were about Zen and Zen+. They hardly said anything about Zen except that they were targeting a 40% IPC gain over Bulldozer and that clock speeds would be at least 3Ghz. They had one small preview release party to explain some new tech like XFR and such. That's it.

1660 should be fine for 75hz until 2020 games on the next consoles. But even then I'd bet it'll run them at acceptable looking settings fine at 75hz.
1660Ti isn't a terrible buy if it's actually at $280 or less, though.

Take this retarded shit to /v/

The only "PC builders" are zoomers who act like they know shit about technology, but can only build a PC - something braindead retards can do.

Delayed ... ? Then how come most motherboards are rolling out bios updates for zen 2 cpus? Or the prices of R5 and R7 are way down?
Release is imminent.

BIOS's are updated for ES to be sent out and tested.

Just because ES's are being sent out doesn't mean it's launching NOW, it just means that it's on the way, it could still be 3-5+ months out

Except that multiple sources have confirmed that it's been delayed until AT LEAST August. And Navi until late 2019, most likely early 2020.

buying amd ... lol

pcpartpicker.com/list/j9RtGG
how's this look? any glaring problems?

they dont need to make the bios public if it's for internal testing ....... i have sources in the mobo industry ... ryzen 3000 coming sooner then expected btw, just wait.

Navi will likely be shit but I don't think they'll manage to fuck zen 2 up. They probably just have stock to clear and don't want to kill their sales with early hype.

Poor Navi isn't even out and it's already dead thanks to the 1660/1660TI.

you sure the cooler fits on the case?
anons talk bad of gigabyte
isnt that too much storage

How is the software? Better than Asus?

imgur.com/a/VAqGhdp

lol so true xD

Sooner than expected, nigga it was expected at CES.

He still believes it

fuckin LOL

Don't reply without Like!ing me

But you did the same thing

lmao how ayymd pajeets will EVER recover?

I like Gigabyte, at least for my purposes. They have good tech support, customer service, and an "in advance" replacement RMA system.

The hope is 2060 performance with a little extra VRAM for $250 or less

Monitor is pretty trash, CPU is mediocre value. If you're going Intel get an 8700K

Yeah and my dad works for Hewlett Packard

I run an i5 8400 and a 2060 at 1080p 144hz. The i5 is not the bottleneck unless you play some trash like asscreed that gets 50 fps on 9900ks

will doublecheck cooler. just picked cheap something because the i5 didnt have stock
suggest a better monitor pls
8700k? as in i7-8700k? shit that's almost a $100difference. Doesn't look worth the price to my ignorant eyes, tell me what the deal is

How likely is it that Ryzen 3000 will be out this summer?

Multiple sources said late july at the earliest. Most likely august-september

Didn't it launch at CES?

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/kLBRWD
about to buy it
what ssd should i go with, what are the downsides of going with crucial mx500 over the more expensive samsung, os this motherboard good for the price, whats the downside of choosing the tomahawk over other boards, i heard it has bad vrms or something but im not sure what it actual means in realworld use
what are some mice that are similar to g700 or rog spatha size and side button wise

>76 replies, 18 posters
Damn, that faggot has been pretending to be multiple personalities again. It's amazing how he denies that.

They just showed a demo of an engineering sample.

forgot to add in the 860 evo to the list

sub-$1500 gaming setup
pcpartpicker.com/list/z3GF29
how can I make it better?

What are some tips and redflags for picking out a used pc parts.

Case is real meh, low airflow, old layout 5,25" drive bays, cheap buid quality. Used to be ok years ago for budget builds.

>all non AMD fanbois are one person
Get paranoid, faggot

1440p monitor

Check OP PCpartpicker for monitors
The i7 is top tier performance

I have a 1060 3gb. I recently received a Vive as a gift and I like it. What's the most powerful sub $300 card I can get used or new? No preference on it being new or used, if it dies in a month I'll just do what I've always done and buy an identical card off Amazon and return the broken one

Attached: spinninng aussie.gif (200x185, 52K)

What makes for a good case?
What are some of your favorites?

Should mention the rest of my specs
Ryzen 5 2600
8gb at 2400hz
500w psu

1660ti or used 1070

If you live in aussieland, your prices are fucked so i'd go with the 4GB XFX 580, if not in aussieland, i'd go with the 1660ti

this one better?
pcpartpicker.com/product/p8x2FT/nzxt-h500-black-atx-mid-tower-case-ca-h500b-b1

>lmao imagine being this brainless
Imagine being this delusional.

Attached: 2018-11-25-image.png (1328x2176, 90K)

I'll take those into consideration, should mention I have 16gb of ram actually now, upgraded a few days ago

1660Ti is basically your only real new card worth mentioning right now.

Also I live in the glorious god blessed United States of AMERICA

Air flow, build quality and organization / price
Fractal Design Meshify C or one of the more closed ones if you are willing to sacrifice airflow for noise dampening.
Also cooler master h500 but it went up on price, used to be $80-90.
also ok if you like the looks

pcpartpicker.com/list/M2d7LJ
I would get the rog strix motherboard since it has a better vrm and is cheaper. I wouldn't skimp out on a cpu cooler if you pairing the 2600x with a 2060, you want the 2600x to maintain 3.2GHz. I just get a single 1tb m2 for simplicity and cheapness' sake. NZXT case is fine, but if you're willing to spend more, i'd go with a meshify c. I would also spend more on the power supply, since power supplies are the first to fail in a pc. The rest looks fine.

Vega 56 or 1070
1080 if you're lucky

The thing about buying used cards is that you have to be very perceptive to get a good deal. I remember an user furious that he got scammed buying a cheap 1080 that didn't actually work on ebay. The less stressful path is getting a new 1060ti, but there is merit to look used if you want more power than the 1660ti provides.

1660ti Imean

pcpartpicker.com/list/f9gfbX
Think this is what I'll go with. Thanks.