I use GNU/Linux because I like having full control of my system

>I use GNU/Linux because I like having full control of my system
>*drives an automatic*
explain yourselves

Attached: HTB1mf.dNVXXXXXJaXXXq6xXFXXXh.jpg (1000x1000, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/technology-23167112
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

but i don't drive an automatic

i don't give a shit about cars

Your fortune: Reply hazy, try again

>I Uber everywhere!

Attached: 1538243021685.jpg (960x1440, 411K)

But what about proprietary ECU in your car?

Run moped, it has carburetor on it, which makes CIA niggers glow brighter in the dark

>tfw use w10 and drive manual
kys automatic niggers

I like to wank when I drive

FUCK manual and FUCK manual drivers

Attached: 1331533432216.jpg (631x590, 81K)

>living in a shithole country with no public transit
why do americans insist on selling out to (((auto companies)))

I doubt half of Jow Forums even owns a car.

But what about planes?
Do you prefer your Cessna with analog instruments, or with glass cockpit?

Attached: Cessna.jpg (2000x2000, 947K)

because America has unbelievably shitty public transport

Electric car here, what is this "manual" and "automatic" and "transmission"?

Ya'll need to get with the 21st century tech.

Shit, need more right rudder.

>I'm black and I manual cars are racist as I can't steal them.

A computer is a general-purpose device, a car is a single-purpose device. There are a thousand different things I can do with a computer, any one of which I may want or need more customizations or control for. There's exactly one thing I can do with a car, drive from point A to point B. If you're not interested in wasting gasoline to do that at high speeds, there's not much to customize or control.

I have 3 manual vehicles. One if which has an open source aftermarket ECU.

Analog

Public transport is botnet.

is that supposed to be a rebuttal?

>P-ENIS
What does it mean?

read the post before replying, dipshit

>asks question
>gets answer
>"hurrrr is dis a debate XD"

There was a registration number, so I changed it to P-ENIS like I always do.
I wonder how much this number would cost tho...

Attached: 6BfbTUh.jpg (1024x768, 206K)

>needing complete control of your computer
>living as a slave to a public transit schedule controlled by shitty municipal unions

Attached: 1272947336136.jpg (276x248, 18K)

Attached: 300px-Dornier_Seastar_D-ICKS.jpg (300x226, 20K)

>he uses a proprietary car

Not as badass as this.

Attached: e18c762683bd769f8e98634381de0d0a77921071.jpg (500x384, 159K)

Okay, last one.
Plane registrations are technology after all

Attached: v5QgoHj.jpg (3264x1836, 525K)

Attached: hqdefault (6).jpg (480x360, 13K)

only crazies, junkies and immigrants use public

Attached: 1d8046f8.jpg (190x240, 6K)

This.
Go to /n/, 99% of public toilet users are ESLs.
Did I just say toilet? Same shit anyway, since their buses are so filthy, you can take a dump there and smear it on all seats without making it any dirtier.

Ubuntu 18.04 and a VW Jetta 5 speed manual gear box.

>be me
>be american without a car
>take city light rail and bus to work
it fucking sucks. I'd much rather have the privacy of my own vehicle, the ability to take shortcuts to get around nasty traffic, etc. That's why I'm getting a car.

because there is nothing more disgusting than having to take public transportation

Implying

Attached: IMG_20160927_161639864.jpg (1836x3264, 1.25M)

Los Angeles has the worst traffic in the country.

LA used to have streetcars, buses, etc. but then Ford, Goodyear, and others literally bought them and scrapped them so that everyone would be forced to buy cars to get around. that’s completely legal.

aint capitalism neat?

>take shortcuts to get around nasty traffic
>Because light rail has traffic and buses don't take the carpool lanes anyway.

Plenty of reasons to get a car, but avoiding traffic really isn't one.

>Drives a manual
>Can't get head while driving
>Has to constantly hold a phallic shaft in his hands
>Needs to know how to count or his car engine explodes

Attached: 1526492363664.gif (384x372, 2.83M)

>implying people on Jow Forums are receiving head and not giving it

this is an absolutely retarded argument and i actually do drive a manual
"full control" is about being able to do whatever you want to your machine for whatever reason you want to do it
an automatic transmission doesn't take that away
i could still change out the parts in my car, modify the transmission, or swap it out entirely if i desired
whereas you cant do that with non-free proprietary software

having an automatic transmission is more like having turboboost enabled for your cpu
whereas a manual transmission is like manually changing your clock speed in bios or using configuration software

its not a good comparison to software, at all

Soul vs soulless

I cycle. I dont like the extra layers a car inserts between me and full control over my travel experience.

Why are you not using the superior tool to commute? It also efficiently prolongs your life span.

Attached: BullsGrinder1Review2016-1.jpg (1200x726, 330K)

>What is a paddle shift?
Aqua, please.

I don't like getting to work sweaty.

By exercising you get less sweaty over time. Also depends on climate of course.

>manual transmission like manually overclocking
eh. manually overclocking is a huge hassle compared to shifting a transmission, and an overclocked machine is less reliable than a stock turboboost machine, whereas a manual transmission is more reliable than an automatic.

I use mac (unix)
and drive automatic
#masterrace

>inplying I own a car🐍

I don't even have control over my life, my computer is my happy place. That's why it must fit my personality and must accommodate my desires. Only a FOSS OS can deliver that to me.

jannies btfo

yeah, but this is more about comparing level of control rather than relative effectiveness/reliability

>takes over an hour to bike to my work
uhhhhhhhhh yeah bro not super sure i want to do that with all the immigrant drivers from india

Fordfag

only put on your work shirt when you arrived at your workplace genius

> full control of my system
Meaning: I have a lot of time, but I don't know what to do with that time, so my choose is to waste my time configuring my system via text files, typing console commands to change the background, repairing my system after updates.

I'm European and manual sticks make me legit angry because they are everywhere and they suck

>having to continuously play with a plastic penis to drive your car.
>you have no "control", you basically do the same shit as auto
>it's not THAT cheaper
>makes driving an order of magnitude harder for no reason.
>Technology behind auto is cool near-black magic tier, manual tech is primitive in comparison

Shit, it's like saying manually changing transistor gates in your PC is better.

I only hear about liking having full control from people who can't afford an automatic.

i use windows and drive manual

Manual, carbureted or GTFO

>european
>never had the 'pleasure' of needing an automatic transmission rebuild

Hard to take your opinion seriously, to be honest. American here and most people i know have had to pay $2000-$6000 for a rebuilt automatic transmission at some point in their lives.

>It also efficiently prolongs your life span.
This is exactly why I don't use it.

I'm also European and my previous car was automatic. I went right back to manuals after that. It didn't even have some shifter paddle to change the gear so I had zero control over it, I just pressed the gas pedal and the gearbox did its thing. It was horrible. Engine breaking is important and the automatic gearbox can't know in advance what I'm facing next, but I can adjust the gear in advance to get the best possible gear.

I've been driving cars for almost 15 years and shifting gears manually is nothing to me. I don't even have to think about it, I just think about the road and I'll shift to the optimal gear. If I would be driving some familiar roads and shift to the third gear and someone asked me which gear did I just shift to, I would probably have to check and see because it comes so naturally that I don't even register it. It's zero trouble after you get used to it so I don't get the whole "an order of magnitude harder". It just allows you to be in control in situations where the road is not familiar, or if it's almost a bit of offroad. If I would go back to automatics I would have to have one where you can still shift manually too.

Yeah let me just straddle my bike to drive on the highway to my uni. Nothing better than riding 4 hours to sit for 3 hours and ride home for 4 hours.

Attached: fuggingooglemanifesto.png (1398x1128, 1.1M)

Automatics are cheaper, especially secondhand automatics. Manuals last longer and have a much higher resale value.

>tfw run gentoo and drive stick

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

Based.

Is that a real story?

Not in Europe.

I drive manual like God intended.

Like most of /o/, most of Jow Forums is actually busriders

>gear stick on the right
ISHYGDDT

bicycles are for prostitutes and commies

Attached: 1540755635365.jpg (235x206, 10K)

>restart the car to update the gear selection

Attached: debiru.png (224x314, 61K)

Onlly faggots drive automatics
real men drive cars like the flintstones have🏳️

>automatic OS
>in any position criticize automatic toddlers

german public transport sound advertisement sleeping passengers
bbc.com/news/technology-23167112
>cuckmany
not even once

>jetta
>Ubuntu
You are a faggot

Huh windows 7 and manual

Attached: JPEG_20190330_141222.jpg (2016x1512, 1.25M)

>doesnt drive a car with a manual transmission

Good goyim

I live in Boston and tolerate the red line. It beats sitting in traffic for an hour or two. I get to read/shitpost while hanging out in public transportation. These other posters probably live in the middle of nowhere.

The discussion in this thread doesn't really work.
The way you can get around is vastly different based on your country, or even your state. It varies a lot between Germany and Norway, and even within Norway it varies a lot based on your region.

Your options of transportation, the cleanliness of public transportation, the infrastructure for bicycles, it all varies a lot based on where you currently are. Discussing it is worthless. Americans will say only spics and druggies take the bus, while I'm sitting here in Norway taking very clean busses with barely any immigrants and legitimately having very little use for a car. My brother moved to Oslo a few years ago and sold his car in the process because there was absolutely no need for it there.

Why is there a different shift knob shoped onto that VW

Jokes on you! I prefer to use LTSC and moving on my bicycle!

>drive a car
Yes, yes... Good, good goyim... Yes!

I've never seen an automatic in my life

this is a American website lad. Europeons are banned from memes and Jow Forums anyway.

>calling a Mongolian throat singing forum "American"
The first guy in this reply thread said that he's European, though.

>throat singing
ughhhhh is this a thing

test

liked

Not if I hit you with my car. You cyclists are literally the most annoying people on the. You are fucking entitled

I'd have agreed with you 15 years ago when Cevrolet still put 4-speed autos in their corvettes.

Automatics have taken off. They have 9 speed dual clutch with paddle shifters in basic cars like a camry (with 300hp lmao)

More like
>I drive a car I can repair and modify myself instead of a Tesla which you cant modify at all because it's a violation of my consumer freedoms when a manufacturer attempts to keep me from using my property the way I want

Enjoy loosing balls from hydraulic control while you're repairing it.

Vwestlife?

eCVT or manual.
Everything else makes me super annoyed.

Ubuntu in my Thinkpad.
Manual in my black corolla.

Attached: 40a.png (644x361, 236K)

bikes are for homosex