First time setting Ubuntu for a while... holy shit this shit sucks. Everything is ugly and huge, sluggish as fuck...

First time setting Ubuntu for a while... holy shit this shit sucks. Everything is ugly and huge, sluggish as fuck, whole desktop feels crippled. Is like they did the whole thing with Electron. What a disaster of an OS. It feels slower than either Windows 10 or Fedora 29 KDE in an i7 T470s with 16GB of DDR4 RAM...

Is the Ubuntu base still good though? I don't like apt that much, but so far the LTS releases have been really good for servers.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

suck a dick nigga🐷

xubuntu and ubanto budgie are alright though

GNOME 3 a shit, that's nothing new. Install a new DE.

GNOME is garbage, install literally anything else

I used Xubuntu until last year when I used a T400, now I can run something nicer and heavier like Fedora 29 KDE. KDE is really snappy and fast when you disable the animations.

using kubuntu right now. thinking about moving to manjaro kde.
should i do it?

>gnome
Found the problem

no, manjaro is shitte

Linux mint is the way to go. Xfce with whisker menu will give you awesome speed

Using Manjaro KDE on everything atm. Smooth as fuck. Highly recommended.

get a lightweight distro like bunsen labs, you can right click the menu once you install it. and disable compton to turn off all the bells and whistles if you're going to play vidya. good luck

>spend years tweaking unity to perfection.
>nah lets drop this shit and use some bloated ugly barely tweaked gnome garbage.

I'm waiting for them to update it to Debian Bullseye base. Buster is too old nowadays.

think bunsenlabs will have working wifi out of the box on a dell chromebook?

iwlwifi is literally easy as fuck to install.

>gnome
Install Windows

*Ahem*

Attached: Untitled.png (1916x1080, 131K)

I'm running Ubuntu 18.10 with Ryzen 5 1600, 16GB DDR4 3200, and it's installed on an PCIE 3.0 x 4 NVME drive

It's fast as fuck. Sounds like you have a hardware issue, not a software issue

>linux
found the problem

more like gnome is shit

Ive used xbuntu for a year now as a linux noob. Shits great

>not using Lubuntu

???

I ran Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on my server for a two years, but found it bloated and got around to putting Debian Stretch on it.

>Everything is ugly and huge, sluggish as fuck, whole desktop feels crippled.
All those are official GNOME 3 features.

I used Manjaro KDE and it would give me stuttering and really slow graphics with an RX570

This.

I suggest to install Kubuntu then adding Mate and Unity. Lubuntu and Xubuntu are fine too.

I feel your pain, brother.

Can Unity still be installed just fine? Is it still supported?

I'm currently running Unity in 18 TLS, so yes. There are tutorials on how to install it, it's not that hard desu.

Should check it out. For all the shit people said about Unity I still liked it more than the rest.

what's the difference between Gnome and Unity anyways

Ubuntu server is tits
install xfce4 or whatever desktop
most of my initial aversion to Ubuntu was due to gnome, not to the OS itself