Google+ Shutting Down

>tried (and failed) to slam their social network down everyone's throats
>can't even settle on making ONE (1) decent messaging app to compete with Whatsapp, Wechat, LINE, Skype, etc.

What the FUCK is Google's problem?

Attached: GOOGLE JUST.jpg (724x553, 48K)

they hired moot

Google is a one trick pony. Guess which trick.

Google is a collected of heads of departments that will soon start to form coupes and branch away. Google will have a chunk of itself removed because of cancer.

If you had a chance to work with Google engineers, you would probably understands what their problem is. Also all their software and services are ridiculously simple (there are exceptions). Anyone could make a better version of any of Google apps.

He only worked on Hangouts for a few months.

Attached: moot job after 4chan.png (819x3510, 739K)

>If you had a chance to work with Google engineers, you would probably understands what their problem is.

Attached: tech lead.jpg (500x500, 55K)

Their strategy is never to get tied to one product. They will fail on 9 out of 10 products and will be happy if 1 succeeds. Honestly can't believe G+ didn't shut down earlier.

>If you had a chance to work with Google engineers, you would probably understands what their problem is.
Enlighten us. I'm curious.

Fuck them (forever_ for cancelling SketchUp, Picasa, and Google Buildings.

They steal your data, have YOU do the beta testing, then sell off the finished products to enterprise sector.

Do no evil my ass.

Google has an "up or out" policy; every X years you have to apply for promotion. Fail two times in a row, and you are fired.

The easiest way to get promoted is to launch a new product. Maintaining it is for suckers, they have less of a chance for staying in the company than if they come up with something new to launch.

People keep coming up with new projects, to lock in their promotion, and abandon them to suckers who get fired because they only keep things running, rather than coming up with new ideas.

who?

Is that for real? Management can't be that stupid?

Yeah this does not seem real. Are you sure?

Surveillance

I'm sure because that's why I left Google. I worked on backend stuff, maintaining existing products; but that wasn't hot enough, so I had to go.

That's bullshit but I believe it

>Google has an "up or out" policy; every X years you have to apply for promotion. Fail two times in a row, and you are fired.
This is 100% bullshit. t. Googler.

>The easiest way to get promoted is to launch a new product. Maintaining it is for suckers, they have less of a chance for staying in the company than if they come up with something new to launch.

>People keep coming up with new projects, to lock in their promotion, and abandon them to suckers who get fired because they only keep things running, rather than coming up with new ideas.

This is accurate, but it would be at any company, so you just got lucky

>This is 100% bullshit. t. Googler.

You'll find out the truth after you've been there for a few years.

t. Xoogler ; 2005 - 2011

Been here 4 years. I've seen many people here that were hired many years ago and never got promoted. Also many people that repeatedly went up for promotion and never got promoted (because you can go up for promo whenever you want, you're never forced to).

But yeah, sure. You worked there 10 years ago. For sure.

I'd ask shaneg to vouch for me; but he's dead. His memorial service was in Vulcan Alberta.

People say you have to up or out until you're T5.

If it helps you identify me, I had received both a Founder's and an OC award in my time at Google.

My last team was named after a Midwestern state; people who had been on my team with three letter user names might think of me if you ask.

sup moot

rip google+

Wave died for this.

when does this shit actually shut down? its still connected to jewtube