How many tabs are too many?

How many tabs are too many?

Attached: close tabs.png (414x137, 9K)

like 10 or 11 right now my man

I have 1,046 tabs open.

I get uncomfortable when I can no longer read the title

Vertical Tab users don't have this problem.

Attached: 1533582537745.png (1442x1079, 1.71M)

Attached: tabs.png (586x347, 217K)

>tabs
I legit knew a girl who would open a new browser instead of a new tab. She was cute, and she's now an intern at google. Her first job was literally working at Stripe...

Female privilege in tech, amirite?

I usually have about 50 tabs open in each browser I use and I use two browsers.
Back in Opera 12 days, I used to have about 200 tabs open.

The only reason tabs were put in the browser was because of how inadequate windowmanagers were (and mostly still are.) If you used a tabbed window manager, why would the browser need to reimplement tabbing? If windows had the task grouping feature back in 98, you might have never seen tabs take off. On Linux and MacOS there were ways to look through windows of a given application, it was mostly on Windows that tabs were really necessary, because the taskbar became a total clusterfuck after like 5 windows, and god forbid you run other applications. Tabbing should have been a feature of the window manager. KDE had tabbed windows for years but people stopped using it and it broke a while back because of api changes. I have tabbing in XMonad. why should the browser be tabbing windows? especially when they are all different processes? On my android phone, every chrome "tab" is a seperate window/process, and the native window manager handles them. This is how the computer should be.

t. Apple

Your fortune: Good Luck

I wish I could configure Firefox to not use tabs.

as many as your ram can handle

You need help

Jow Forums's 2gb thinkpads can't handle many though

Any amount that will keep your browser suspended for a few seconds after a restart from the sheer number of tabs alone, without even loading them.

Your fortune: ( ´_ゝ`)フーン

go outside

Why are the pics not encrypted on exhentai btw?

They do, as clearly seen in your picture.

This

As soon as you have to scroll through them or it compacts them to the point where the titles aren't visible anymore depending on what browser or settings you use. For me that's around 25, and even that point I only reach when I'm browsing for a fap. Usually I have fewer than 10 open.

No way, pics or eat a dick faggot

>2019
>still no extension that groups/merges tabs by domain let alone it being a native browser feature

how have we come so far and still refuse to acknowledge just how retarded this shit is? is there any hope left or does no one sane care about the desktop anymore?

In the first one, Aldina had really good hearing but in this one, she couldn't hear her sister sucking him off? What gives Takuji?

Minimum is .
Otherwise you're a RAMlet.

Ok Jow Forums, present your best solution to the tabs problem

What is the problem? Just use a separate window if you're one of those people who accidentally ends up opening 500+ tabs to fap like me. on FF you can just close that window and bring it back whenever you need it if you're careful about not overriding it with new windows

If you have a tab problem just with articles/work/entertainment sites then you probably have some months old sites up that you never got around to checking

how many perks are too many

What the fuck? I consider myself a somehat skilled computer and internet user and I usually have 5-10 at a time, a lot more when I'm doing research, yeah but I close all that after I'm done. I do use bookmarks. Why so many tabs?

I'm using Tab Manager Plus for Chrome and it sort of does this. You can manually search and it'll filter based on the website title (i.e. Jow Forums, youtube) and you can move them all to a separate window. I just do this every once in a while to keep shit organized. It's not a perfect solution, but literally nothing else exists like this right now.

What does this do? Buffer Overflow or smth?

Gas the disorganized.
If you don’t close your browser when you’re done with your session, clearing cookies cache and history, you’re getting gassed. Focus on a fucking task for fucks sake.

Because using Internet Explorer was a massive pain in the ass as soon as you needed to temporarily keep track of multiple websites. Tabs are a really, really simple solution that are easy to implement, both from an engineering and UI standpoint. So when society collectively realized they didn't have to use Internet Exporer and jumped to FF/Chrome, tabs were an easy to use QoL improvement and people developed bad habits. You could use bookmarks, but by default they're annoying to use. In Chrome, I'd have to go to a website (in a new tab), bookmark it to special folder, close the tab, repeat for all the websites I want to open, reopen the first one, read/do whatever, unbookmark it, and open the next website. Developing a more streamlined interface would take a lot more work than what is basically a simple window management feature, and would face adoption issues. So why would Google/Mozilla/MS waste considerable resources do so? Your average idiot doesn't set out to have a clusterfuck of tabs, so they're not going to think "oh, I shouldn't open all this in tabs." They're just going to do it, and only after they have several windows of unusable tabs and their computer slows to a halt think "this was a mistake."

I have 6 windows open with
269 tabs
1 tab
368 tabs
4 tabs
1 tab
2 tabs

Tabs are an anti-pattern that at the very least shouldn't be implemented at the application level. If you're a drooling retard that 'needs' tabs they should be provided by the wm. Otherwise better options exist.

Tabs are a symptom and not the problem. The problem is that history sucks still. You should be able to quickly scroll through your history and see the pages exactly as they were rendered, even while not connected to the internet. Ideally, you would start a session to accomplish a specific task (even if the task is browsing Jow Forums), then after you're finished decide whether to keep the history. If you keep the history, it becomes a WARC or something similar on your hard drive that you can always go back to.

Everything more then 3 means one is a millenial scum with 5 second attention span.

Wouldn't that become a very big .temp file really quick?

If you use all your ram and start losing storage space you have too many

i use for this reason, tabs are stupid. i'd much rather just hotkey to search through my windows, and search the window (or "tab") i want

2 is too many; dont >> me

Ctrl+Tab to cycle through tabs makes a lot more sense. It's literally just people not knowing keybindings exist.

>implying

For me, around 1500-2000 is the point where the browser starts to feel sluggish, so I go through them and close redundant ones until I'm down to ~500 or so.

90% of the world runs windows

> the actual state of my web browser

once you go vertical tabs reloaded, tab count goes fkng ham

Attached: nojoke.jpg (448x146, 12K)

I very much know about it but no, it's far less efficient than to fucking search for the window.

prefix an address bar search with '% ' to search for open tabs.

Windows has a wm

I know. How do I do that when I'm on a terminal window? Or any other non-browser window? Fuck off.