OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

youtube.com/watch?v=K98JYRBGyrg

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blackhat.com/docs/us-16/materials/us-16-Mandt-Demystifying-The-Secure-Enclave-Processor.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1526498966290.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

based

Based

>Published on Apr 1, 2019
So, Apple is the joke, right?

Based and liked

cringe and bluepilled
dislike

What a cool lady!

liked

based

cringe and bluepilled
dislike

nice, really awesome seeing journalists doing their work, and not just being shills as usual.

apple is such a scummy company, i don't understand why normies still give them busniess.

oh wait actually i do, it's because normies are dumb.

baste

Attached: 1520793439203.gif (400x550, 598K)

more like iBOOMERs BTFO.

Attached: 04a7467470bc426d3ee388d0638e51a6dfd1e40c45570b005b711a6097a775b9.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Not watching the video. What did crapple do now?

be jews

This

Why did they turn off the comment section?

Christ, what a fucking shit company.

tell ppl their data is irreversibly lost and that anyone who says otherwise wants to scam them

wait hold on most people don't encrypt their phones?

It shouldn't matter when you actually know the password. Also the recovery service in the video just gets the phone up and running again, and unlocks the phone like normal.

Oh God. She's fucking ugly.

>Feminist Casserole Mom
What a dysgenic mutt of a woman.

Because the iSheep were bombarding them with butthurt cope posts.

BnR

She has 4 kids, what did you expect.

based

Attached: 1547327171044.png (360x360, 4K)

Based

>implying implications that other companies and repair shops would be more competent

lol'd

basted

Attached: 1538172447687.png (680x991, 190K)

She has a god damn microscope in her lab and probably a clean room somewhere in the back. Shit, that's more advanced than most fuckers ever go.

Attached: :<.jpg (229x231, 44K)

"Women are very good at doing repairs."
Last time I checked, you don't need a vagina to fix a phone.

but it helps if you do, you can store tools in there

well i think its quite possible to replace the voltage regulators or resistors if they get zapped in water. maybe even jump start it through the battery terminals. and then assuming the owner still has their fingerprints or code the phone will unlock.

is it reasonable for apple to refuse this service considering its pretty risky? for the time it takes i doubt they'd do it "free" if the recovery fails. This lady is smart but she doesn't fix potentially thousands of damaged phones all over the world. she can do it free if it fails cuz she only helps out a small segment.

implying 99% of repair shops are competent enough to perform this repair. repair shops pay minimum wages.

>" Comments are disabled for this video. "

Attached: oy vey the goyim know.png (782x782, 627K)

Women have better fine motor control because their fingers are smaller you absolute brainlets

>is it reasonable for apple to refuse this service considering its pretty risky?
Sure. Most storage manufacturers don't offer recovery services either.
The difference is that Apple discourages people from seeking help from third parties, actively lying to customers about the validity of the services and discredits them.

third parties for apple shit are notoriously bad and scummy. just like regular third party tech repair places. as far as apple is concerned yes, there is nothing they can do for you. they also give people many options to backup and safeguard their data in case of catastrophic damage.

t. ipajeet

Attached: 1540599143292.gif (333x358, 1.83M)

Dissenter

na its pajeet who will charge you 300$ to ultimately fail a solder job on your iPhone and give no refunds.

no, comments were disabled as soon as the video went up. I watched it at 900 views, got there from when rossman posted his video covering the topic.
If you want a comment section for it, just check louis rossman's channel, he's got the same video up but it has a lot more views as well.

>third parties for apple shit are notoriously bad and scummy
As true as that is, there are at least a few very good third parties and Apple's refusal to admit it is detrimental to their image.

Yes, backing up your shit is important but shit happens. Places like Drive Savers exist for this very reason. You don't see hard drive manufacturers telling people not to use the service.

all the "good" repair companies are authorized apple repair companies who would not do a warranty voiding repair. and even if they did, it's still a risky repair with a bad rate of success. there are so many ways to backup data even the most retarded people can figure out. when you set up the phone it says HEY DO THIS TO SAVE YOUR SHIT. do you think SSD manufacturers will "repair" your ssd? a hard drive is nothing like a solid state device like a motherboard or ssd.

how does the normie apple user differentiate between pajeet McShitty and epic apple repair man? bad pr for apple

>authorized apple repair companies
Are no better than fag bars. They're all clueless salesmen who've never heard of a soldering iron.

i worked at plenty and we all definitely knew how to solder. we would do all sorts of crazy repairs to our own stuff or under the table.

By Apple acknowledging good businesses without requiring authorized status.
There's a lot of shit "authorized" repair companies can't do because Apple has them bridled and holtered. The sort of shit that Rossmann and Jessa often do to recover data off devices or even repair them for a fraction of the cost that Apple would charge or return the device to a working state where Apple would replace it.

>do you think SSD manufacturers will "repair" your ssd? a hard drive is nothing like a solid state device like a motherboard or ssd.
If they offer a recovery service, yes, yes they would. Would they tell you not to use Drive Savers? No, no they wouldn't.

Apple needs to accept that these are legitimate businesses instead of just spreading FUD.

i guarantee there aren't enough legitimate and quality repair shops they could consistently recommend. no joke. walk into most of them and just like Jow Forums they say "eww apple". one of the points i would stress at a job interview was the fact i can bring in new customers and money due to my knowledge of apple shit. quality is rare as fuck.

you can't walk down the street or even drive to the next major city and find someone who can recover data on a burnt up/water damaged SSD.

So our Canadian taxpayer-funded news corporation wasn't posting shit for once?

Luckily the reputable ones have mail in service.
Some even pay for the shipping.

And I'm not saying Apple should just pick shops at random to recommend to customers who want a service that Apple won't provide through their affiliates.
This is a trillion dollar company. I think they could afford to find a few businesses that'll do what they won't in order to help their customers.

yeah alright. it's unreasonable to expect normies to go through all of it unless they can get instant gratification. I'm not saying apple is doing the right thing, but they aren't being unreasonable. their "customer satisfaction" goes down the moment they rely on a third party to do anything right.

you make sense but when have they ever done something they cannot 100% control?

>when have they ever done something they cannot 100% control?
Now is as good a time as any to start.

have we even got around to the possibility that the secure enclave is damaged and now the data is actually gone?

i miss perks

>in order to help their customers.
Why would they do that? Apple is in the business of fucking over customers, not helping them.

Attached: 1533818882850.jpg (660x764, 169K)

I don't know, but someone at CBC really cares about phone repair.

better hope this ain't broke.
blackhat.com/docs/us-16/materials/us-16-Mandt-Demystifying-The-Secure-Enclave-Processor.pdf

If it is then that's just bad luck.
There are several companies who won't charge the customer in that situation. The thing is that Apple won't diagnose down to that sort of thing.

and apple now has the liability to pay for an expensive repair failure and reimburse thousands if not tens of thousands of customers when it does not work.

No.

the policy won't change no matter what we discuss on a chinese basket weaving forum. the simple solution is to blame the dumbass normies for not reading the multiple simple giant recommendations to back up their shit on iCloud or on their computer. Its literally enabled by default and they have to disable it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 11.14.05 PM.png (934x831, 255K)

based Satania

>the simple solution is to blame the dumbass normies for not reading the multiple simple giant recommendations to back up their shit on iCloud or on their computer. Its literally enabled by default and they have to disable it.
Yeah, sure. But there will still be legitimate cases, you may be outside reception when you take photos/video before it gets damaged, or overseas on roaming and you don't want to pay roaming rates for data.
Even if the customers do everything they should be doing to secure their data, there will still be a small percentage of cases where they want to get data back off a damaged device.

all I'm saying is, it is nothing like data recovery on a hard drive. it is a very complicated time consuming and possibly expensive procedure that requires an experienced technician. with a terrible rate of success. i posted an image as an example here

lets say a company does it for free if it doesn't work, ill bet they don't have the best people for the job. lets say a company does have the experience, it is an expensive process. someone with unlimited money might pay for it. is the average person going to pay for it or even be able to afford it? the lady in the video is a super specific rare type of person. who's gonna spend 300+ and also buy a new phone out of warranty? applecare+ costs 50$. these phones cost nearly and over $1000.

the lady was able to fix the phone. this is probably a hobby for her. how many phones haven't worked afterwards... how many people are gonna pay for some photos + a new phone + apple hiring these techs + being able to service tons of phones worldwide, it makes no sense as a business.

little repair shops don't service the whole world and 99% of them can't do the repair passed replacing the battery in the first place. I've done this repair myself at least 100 times in my life.

>it is a very complicated time consuming and possibly expensive procedure that requires an experienced technician
Sounds EXACTLY like data recovery on a hard drive.

Really, how the fuck are we at the point where we need to fight for our right just to keep the stuff we buy working without having to throw it away?

This isn't just the case with Electronics either, John Deere is doing this shit. Any automotive place keeps their service manuals on tight lockdown

Attached: 1524750798151.png (959x720, 447K)

>+ apple hiring these techs
No one is talking about Apple hiring them.

in the context of apple fixing them, they do have to hire someone with electrical experience. we aren't even talking about data recovery here. its an electrical problem.

this is extremely rare and the video comes across as someone got mad they did not back up data and now they want to blow up the issue as if its an epedemic

>who's gonna spend 300+ and also buy a new phone out of warranty?
People who value the data they want retrieve at above the cost of retrieving the data.
This is RELATIVE. I'm not saying everyone would or should do it. The problem is that the people who DO value the data above the cost of retrieval are being told by Apple that it CAN'T be retrieved and that companies that offer the service will take their money and fail to get the data.

>and that companies that offer the service will take their money and fail to get the data.

apple will fail too. it isn't worth it.

I'm not arguing for Apple to offer the service and I don't think anyone is.
The problem is their absolutely anti-competitive behavior towards companies that have the expertise and do offer the services.

you can replace a screen or a charging port or a headphone jack with a 100% rate of success. a toilet phone cannot be repaired at any rate near 100%.
i don't see apple removing results from google or stopping you from taking your phone to someone else. i don't see them buying out data recovery. i don't see them hiring every electrical expert on the planet and refusing the service.

we are pretty close to agreeing with maybe a bit different perspective. ill argue that disabling the comments on this video is more problematic. .

> applel
> they don't support external storage
> 2019: what's a memory card?
my sides.

>too
Except those companies are NOT failing, at least not all the time. There are many failure modes that result in the device becoming unbootable, and many of them are recoverable. Apple will not diagnose the fault. They won't work out WHY the phone is not turning on. If it won't turn on, they replace it. End of story.

>i don't see apple removing results from google or stopping you from taking your phone to someone else.
But they tell their customers falsehoods and discourage them from seeking third party help, even though the device is already in an unwarrantable state.

>this is extremely rare
it's not rare at all, Jow Forumsenius. stop being a cuck.

LOL CBC

...Is that le happy merchant?

Based

the obviously prioritize their customer satisfaction and I'm willing to bet that tons of customers would be angry after the repair does not work and they are out a few hundred dollars. you gotta assume they've done the numbers. i personally wouldn't tell someone its impossible but explaining this shit to the average person is mind numbing.

pretty rare for someone to own an iPhone and not have their photos backed up automatically by default. they chose to not have a backup. i swear if i have to answer 15 captchas to post again I'm going to hang myself.

>the obviously prioritize their customer satisfaction
That's fair enough, that's why they can leave it to the third parties and not "authorize" them unless they are really, really confident with the company.
And the fact is that customers are NOT satisfied with these kinds of responses they're getting from Apple.

It just keeps happening!

i agree the hard response "not possible" is extremely misleading. I still maintain explaining why they won't do it is worse. apple sold over 200 million iPhones in 2017, how many of them have iCloud disabled? we can discuss how shitty the default 5gb is but 50gb cost 1$. it could be worse. they've done everything possible to protect the normies. they probably just don't care about the minority who needs the service. the video blows this out of proportion. whoever runs there forum is actually retarded but iFixit and stack exchange exists too.

Apple censors their forums. All problems and all 3rd party solutions. Ask how to do something if that is something you can only do on android, thread gets deleted and users banned. Most people only read apple's forum. Got to keep people in a bubble and ignorant.

You know bad products get sold more than durable? Survival bias. Consumables are sold in millions while long lifespan devices in hundreds of thousands.

A lot of companies disable comments on YouTube by default.

yeah i know. also, apple isn't dunking non-waterproof phones in water before they ship. the new phones are waterproof anyway. soon the problem will love itself when the phones are "more" waterproof. anyone who has more than a basic understanding of computers migrates from the apple forum. apple is babysitting normies there. its a shitshow.