It's over. Intel and Nvidia are finished

techpowerup.com/254259/amd-to-simultaneously-launch-3rd-gen-ryzen-and-unveil-radeon-navi-this-june

It's over. Intel and Nvidia are finished.

Attached: holocaust.jpg (1410x871, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seekingalpha.com/article/4250823-google-stadia-can-game-changer-implications-amd-intel-nvidia
youtube.com/watch?v=O-kRZcBtjnE
wccftech.com/amd-epyc-server-cpu-7nm-market-share-2020-report/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lies. Didn't AMD released Radeon VIII a few months ago?

Oh boy! Brace yourselves for yet Another Massive Disappointment!

We knew this in december

Attached: 1539599848486.png (500x600, 197K)

I actually want Jewtel to die but you can't argue with the fact that AMD is always a step behind and that's frustrating.

OP here, if you enjoyed my post please remember to smash that like button.

that was shrunk Vega, basically a pipe cleaner for the 7nm process, similar to the HD4770

>During the CEO Keynote, Dr. Lisa Su and other high-profile guests will highlight new details of upcoming products and showcase how the industry is building a new high-performance computing ecosystem that will push technology to the next level.

Nowhere in the press release does it say "launch". Stop falling for clickbait

ryzen had a rough launch but it's no way near disappointing, if it wasn't for ryzen intel will be still releasing quad core i7 for years to come.

Navi better be the Polaris of this era, AMD needs to go back to making good mid range products, overvolting shit to compete with the highest end clearly doesn't work and will never work until they fix GCN bottleneck.

We all know that Zen 2 is launching around June, and the article doesn't say that Navi will launch alongside it - just that it'll be shown. Learn to read, retard.

wait for 10nm

But poolaris wasnt a good product until they released the 580, and it was pretty power hungry

>tfw no amd dakimakura

Attached: 1554204611.jpg (850x1977, 197K)

Imagine being Intel
Imagine having gorillions of shekels and still fail to get 10nm to work

i want to cum on your dakimakura

This.

>intel
>finished
just delid and delap it bro lmoa
don't forget the chiller

June is too little too late.
The performance must be really groundbreaking to be really relevant for AMD future.

Zen is already easily outselling Intel garbage, Zen 2 will be even better.

8 weeks until the scottish neet kills himself

IT'S GONE

There has never been a more wrong statement ever written.

Cope harder

is isnt nothing new LOL
amd cto and cfo already confirmed that the new uarch will come at 2020 not now

HEY DON'T FUCK WITH ME

who

Not even AdoredTV's most zealous predictions has Navi - at least the initial release - besting the VII. Adored predicted the big navi die of this release would be 2070 territory performance, which is exactly where AMD currently has nothing right now. VII will remain the AMD champ at least until 2020.

>that feel when I got 4770 all those years ago
still have it tucked away lol

I'm entirely fine with 2070 performance. Just give it to me for 200$ Do it AMD, make my wait worth it

>Just give it to me for 200$
Shit even $300 would be fine by me. Doing that would force Nvidia to actually be competitive with their pricing since it's out of control right now

Another year, another multi-track drifting from mama Lisa Su

AMD does not exist so you can buy Nvidia (or Intel) parts for cheaper.

user, I usually do buy AMD. I just thing competition across the board is healthy. I'm glad that Intel is trying to join the GPU race too, the more the better.

>implying tech giants will be finished
(lol

You may be laughing now but you'll be crying when Intel and Nvidia puts AMD out of business.

>Shit even $300 would be fine by me. Doing that would force Nvidia to actually be competitive with their pricing since it's out of control right now
Exactly. I dont want amd to give me inflated prices that are just a bit lower than nvidia. I want actually good prices that make it obvious who I should buy from.

Radeon VII is Vega on node shrink. Navi is different architect.

>I'm entirely fine with 2070 performance
people said that about vega being a 1080 and no one bought it. like people said about polaris and hardly anyone bought it. same about fury and again hardly anyone bought it. 390 series, same thing. the list goes on and on. hell even when amd was BETTER like with the 7970ghz edition which was faster than the 680 nvidia sold more 680's than amd sold 7970's combined. including the non-ghz versions. even if navi is great no one will buy it because it lacks the green logo of envy. nvidia. and now with nvidia supporting freesync AND gsync there is absolutly ZERO point in going amd. ever.

i should know, i tossed my 580 in the trash and picked up a rtx 2070 the moment nvidia released their freesync drivers. my dell s2719dgf works smooth as butter on my rtx 2070. all i can say is ty amd for creating good standards for nvidia to adopt for i can continue to stay nvidia. and maybe if navi does put pressure on nvidia it can lower nvidia prices for i can bump up to a 2080 or possibly 2080 ti.

>too big to fail
lul🐶

He mentioned it for the Nvidiots that live here

yes, they do. why buy amd when nvidia and intel exist? wow, amd makes a good that competes with a 2070, woo-pie-fucking-doo. why buy it when i can grab the 2070 in the first place? like wise is amd makes something better than the 2080 ti why buy amd still? it probably overheat and kill itself like the house fire amd gpu's are. plus shit drivers from amd. shit support. hardly any game developer support. the list goes on. the only good amd does it make prices for good stuff from nvidia and intel go down in price.

When hawaii basically invalidated the OG titan Nvidiaiots (and Jow Forums) didn't lap it up, they just weaited for the full fat kepler die to come out. Now the OG titan had some legitimate use due to DP (much like the VII does) for the most part anytime AMD has a lead (or even reaches parity) with Nvidia the goalposts shift so whatever metric AMD is inferior to is all that matters.

Speaking of kepler, power draw didn't matter for kepler because it was barely any better than tahiti and hawaii - the second maxwell dropped it was THE most important element of a gpu.

This is a retarded argument bewcause you are assuming the Nvidia (or Intel) product is the default state and then find a way to justify not buying AMD. That is a fallacy as you have already decided not to buy AMD, you are then just shitposting to justify it.

If you don't want to buy AMD fine. just don't bitch and moan when the so-beloved free market kicks you in your wallet because you would rather spend more and more. Woe is me is not an argument when you could just, y'know, not buy anything but no, you have to be cool like all of your Fortnite buddies so you HAVE to upgrade amirite?

tl;dr NO U.

Attached: 1550332869302.png (1064x698, 321K)

ah yes, the AMDfags narrative
>it was better
>more performance
>vega was more power efficient than anything nvidia had
>it was a lot cheaper too
>but still dumb sheep don't buy AMD
mean while in reality amd cards cost as much or more than nvidia while consuming more power.

>abloo blooo AMD is perfect but nobody is buying it :(

You say that like the entire company works on one project at a time.

This guy knows

i would gladly see intel-aviv die under massive debts, but i can see ibm power cpus gain traction before that street shitters conglomerate that is amd become capable of doing something it promises and being even remotely relevant.
gpu-side nvidia will be king for still a long time.

That projection is all on you - nobody said AMD is perfect. Oddly Nvidia's flaws are often overlooked, I wonder why......

Attached: 1473004606571.jpg (480x375, 36K)

Intel is focusing on GPUs, they're just cruising along with CPUs since they can't do much with 14nm++++++

History always repeats itself, we're due for another Nehalem that will kill AMD for 10 years

>Nvidia (or Intel) product is the default state
they ARE the default state. amd is shit. they produce shit products. they are always a generation or two, or three behind nvidia and intel. amd also has horseshit branding problems with a horrible marketing team.
>hurrr radeon rebellion HAHAHAHA
absolute garbage. nvidia IS the premium, high performance, top notch quaility for gaming and professional work. amd for while was the little step brother that produce similar results but at a LESS premium quaility. now amd isn't even good for value. they're just straight up horseshit. intel is the premium processor manufacturer for the fastest performance and best premium quality you can get. and amd is the value king. for awhile with faildozer amd was absolute pure toxic filth garbage in the cpu arena and wasn't even an option. a pure laughing stock. at least with poozen they're back up to the value king again.

but that's it. amd will always will be either the value king or a laughing stock. its fact. its truth. period. deal with it.

>amd is shit. they produce shit products.
Go ask Amazon, Google, MS et al their stance on AMD.

DELID DIS YOU STUPID GOY

Attached: 51638084_2231272083605531_8167496593906335744_n.png (719x720, 315K)

it's funny because bulldozer is utter garbage, yet this meme tries to imply its the better choice because
>it will make jews unhappy

Old pic, pretend it's a ryzen there

they all agree, amd is garbage. only adopted epic for niche stuff they wanted to do on a budget. all their highend stuff is pure intel. like intel processors in their new game shit console google is releasing and 98% of all microsoft bing servers are intel and still buying intel.

Good post ranjeesh, keep it up.

>the irony flys past him
>doesn't realize that people actually believe that shill garbage back in the day
>j-just pretend it's current tech
It's like watching a tard trying to fit a square shaped piece into a circle hole

AMD outsells Intel in retail, but OEMs are still buying Intel at a vastly disproportionate rate because of backroom deals.

I see what you did there user.
Hoping for some good things out of Zen2.
Not really holding my breath for Navi.

you are a retard. google's new game streaming shit is AMD based. how the fuck did you not know that?

seekingalpha.com/article/4250823-google-stadia-can-game-changer-implications-amd-intel-nvidia

>top notch quaility
laugh out loud and i'm a Nvidia user.

Boy I'm just waiting for the massive lag there will be with external io + corelets
Not even using unicorn special memory will solve this time

Navi wil be a disappointment like every GPU from AMD, but Ryzen should be interesting.

Intel literally can't make high end processors quickly enough, but that's not because people are buying them. Their manufacturing process is just totally fucked. Anyone with a clue is either waiting, or buying AMD.
At low end it doesn't matter and in laptops Intel still has better perf/watt somehow even though it makes no fucking sense and is probably just OEMs being retarded. Anyway, Intel is floating on those two market segments.

Navi will still be GCN

actually bulldozer is better than sandybridge right now.

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

youtube.com/watch?v=O-kRZcBtjnE

>Amd rumors living up to the hype.

This will be the first time in 10+ years

>No way dissapointing
>IPC similar to a fucking 4790k from 6 years ago

Ya no.

>Intel and Nvidia are finished.
Okay retard

Compared to Intel's regressed IPC due to security patches?

lol intel is at nehalem IPC now after the patches

Intel is at core2duo IPC after all the security patches applied.

based and redpilled

>muh IPC
Intel took the back alley as a shortcut, and now after getting anally raped by the three homeless hiding behind the dumpster, the cops closed the alley for good. So they are stuck taking the long route again, and that with 2 to 16 fewer legs than AMD

But Nehalems regressed down to Presler IPC levels...

no shit

Not him but......
wccftech.com/amd-epyc-server-cpu-7nm-market-share-2020-report/

> Intel took the back alley as a shortcut, and now after getting anally raped by the three homeless hiding behind the dumpster
Not my proudest fap.

why is the IO die so huge? it's bigger than the entire die for 1st gen ryzen

Attached: 1554179571914.jpg (720x892, 41K)

imagine paying $600 for an 9900k

>$200
>$300
Nigger they can barely give you 1080 performance at $700 why the fuck do you think they can give you 2070 performance at 300, let alone 200?

Fucking delusional, how many times do you need to get burned for it to click?

IO is 14nm.

all of my this

>Caring about AMD GPUs
Why do people give a shit about them?
We all know they're going to be average at best.
Mid range GPUs aren't going to break anyone's bank to begin with, so to expect some kind of a huge price reduction anywhere is retarded.
It's just going to be another bunch of cards slapped on the similarly priced pile of average garbage.

Their CPUs on the other hand are going to be a complete holocaust on the market and worth getting hyped over.

nice analogy

based

Because navi had a tape out problem.

Attached: 1492139297054.jpg (752x548, 282K)

Not really.
If anything, this will revive em.

Almost as if companies tend to have multiple projects running in parallel.

whats wrong with you people expecting 200-300 GPUs? They will be 400 minimum at launch

Better diagonals, trade density for speed and power use. Theres speculation they've got a fuckhuge inclusive L4 on the die too so they can flip the bird at NUMA.

Attached: 1488844299153.jpg (640x638, 102K)

It's ~120mm^2 which is way lower than ZP.

>sony
uses amd gpu in the playstation
>microsoft
uses amd gpu in the xbox
>google
amd gpu in their new console meme
>apple
uses amd gpu
what has nvidia got, nintendo and meme automobiles that will never make it to market.

AMD wins semicustom designs because they're the only company with extensive CPU and GPU experience. Nvidia and Intel have few products in the other side.

I feel like at some point, Nvidia have to be in consideration given the massive power efficiency advantage Nvidia has. At least for consoles, there's a power budget they need to stick to and if Navi continues to be power hungry, the consoles are just wasting their budget.

Will AMD absolutely murder Nvidia cards this time around?

Why NVIDIA make more monay than AMD?

Attached: 1552947467600.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

>why tobacco industry make more monay than kale industry?
>why Apple make more monay than HP, Dell, Lenovo?
>why Facebook have more usars than
Gee, I don't know; maybe people are way more retarded than you give them credit for

Intel has something to squirm about but I doubt anybody at nvidia even raised an eyebrow.

Let's be honest here; AMD is so far behind in the GPU game they're only good for reasonably priced mid-range cards. I'm perfectly happy with that but we're never going to get competitive pricing on higher end cards because nvidia owns that segment.