Does anybody have Ryzen 5/7 here? I want to buy Ryzen 5 2600...

does anybody have Ryzen 5/7 here? I want to buy Ryzen 5 2600, I mainly use linux (archlinux with latest kernels) but I also want to use Windows for gaming and video editing inside QEMU-kvm, is that model or Ryzen in general good at IOMMU and cooperative with QEMU?

Attached: 41808203_1662039283923973_3271939814470975488_n.jpg (960x600, 69K)

ryzen 5 2600

maybe

Different person, I can find a shit load of people recommending the X399 Taichi because it "Works better" for IOMMU and pci passthrough, but I don't know how this was determined. Is there a spec sheet somewhere for hardware assignment I'm missing? How do I choose a motherboard for virtualization without just buying and testing it first?

Gonna put Xen on it.

yes

I run a 2600 with passthrough on an ASRock X370 Killer SLI board, works pretty well. I assume it'd be a bit easier if your GPUs aren't identical but eventually I got even that working.

does the motherboard have anything to do with IOMMU? I thought it's all in the CPU and the kernel
Thanks, I just want to use the integrated GPU of Ryzen 5 2600 itself, I have no intention to buy a dedicated GPU

2600 doesn't have an igpu

Attached: 1550379699058.jpg (884x574, 78K)

🦍

You'll change your mind in a couple years with Intel's Xe.

Ryzen 5 2600 on Gigabyte X470 owner here. I just setup a VM with Windows 10 for gaming. Is a pita if you have identical GPUs, if you want to passthrough PCI-E 1x cards or if you want audio routed through the host's pulseaudio. Other than that it works wonderfully.

thank you, which VM do you use? QEMU-kvm or virtualbox?

I have a Ryzen 5 at home, I can't remember the rest of the setup but I fucking regret having ever gotten it since it gets nearly 60° C when I load anything up and I actually turned out to play processing-lighter games an anyways

Attached: 1553969688168.jpg (750x746, 80K)

I'm sorry about the English of this post btw

you mean it gets hotter whenever you load anything? shit I live in Egypt and it's already very hot most of the year, this was going to be my first AMD CPU, I only used Intel because the rumor says it's better when it comes to heat even though it's around 50-55 Celsius on just browser with 4-5 tabs most of the time

Also I'm referring to my room when I mentioned the temperature, not the GPU itself. I guess it doesn't help that my room is the narrowestest either

Yeah, I'm Brazilian and it's quite hot here most of the year as well. Maybe if you don't care about that then it could be a good option since I've never had any problems with it besides not actually wanting to use it before the evening because I'm fine with not being at sun-ish temperatures

I have a Ryzen 2400G, it's entirely fine with Linux and various virtualized Linux' and containers.

wait for 7nm and buy a ryzen 3 3300 or something else with low TDP. Additionally undervolt it, and you'll have no problem. You can do that with 2300x and 1300 as well

you can also disable XFR boost (which is the one spiking voltage and clock whenever you click something). It will help greatly when light surfing.
Intel is a housefire during load, but a tiny bit better at idle, not even worth it

why buy ryzen now? new cpu in 2 months for the same price and better. They stopped producing your cpu 5 months ago.

if this is going to be available in the US in 2 months, that means it won't be available here until the end of the year