Question for Windows 7 fags

Question for Windows 7 fags

How slower is it compmpared to Win10?
Can I use it in (current_year)?

Attached: 01_1268.jpg (1024x576, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9CFIDz2hgd8
youtu.be/tHTa4bQb7_Q
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/08/how-microsoft-dragged-its-development-practices-into-the-21st-century/4/
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/07/slaughter-at-microsoft-tech-giant-to-fire-14-percent-of-its-staff/374597/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>slower
lol

>slower

Attached: 1538103919103.png (720x530, 817K)

I’ve managed to get my windows 10 install down to using 0.6gb of my 32 gb of ram. Just get 10 and strip it out

I would say it's about the same. The menu and system settings is just 10 times harder to use, even for someone who's been doing light homelab shit for 20 years.

I don't think windows 7 can be feasible for use in current_year. It doesn't support new processors like intel i9 or threadripper. Also it doesn't support DirectX 12+ so games will get crippled fps and you won't be able to get the epic victory royal. Morever windows 7 will expire in 2020 after which it will get even slower. Thus I strongly suggest you to get windows 10as son as possible from your nearest store and enjoy a risk free computing.

Yes, Windows 7 is 100% usable in 2019, and is actually faster than 10 for most things
how?

Attached: 1552910692329.jpg (932x747, 178K)

7 is still faster than 10 and 10 LTSB. Compatibility is still fine with most third party programs, and it still works. If you're worried about security updates, just install 8.1 with Open Shell. 8.1 will be supported until 2023, it's not as slow as 10, and all the "Metro" shit can be turned off.

>windows 7 will expire in 2020
No it wont you fucking jew.

The only reason win7 is not on my laptop is because there are no drivers for it.

And thats why i still have a i5-6500 running win 7. I will NEVER use win10.

how many broken updates till retards realize win10 was a huge mistake?

my dad had one yesterday and i gotta fix it...

People already forgave the one that deleted everything in your documents folder, so probably nothing short of a bricking will convince people that forced updates are bad.

Windows 7 only receives security updates until January of 2020. Unless you give shekels to big daddy microsoft after that time, you are sunk.

literally what happened dad came home to PC asking for reboot after update and then it just fucking boot looped into the repair which didnt fucking repair shit so now i gotta download the fucking win10 install shit and put on a stick and go over there and fucking restore it....

Never had a broken update

>slower
Leave this place.

it's the same shit, I installed win10 yesterday to try it. Only difference I noticed is that it loads thumbnails a lot slower for some reason, but I gotta see what's that all about

> 0.6gb of my 32 gb of ram
HOW?

Why are you people still running win7? If win 10 is so bad just switch to Linux, no point of running legacy shit
Bullshit, the more RAM u have the more the OS will eat, no way ur getting 0.6gb

because games on linux isnt at the level i want yet

>Also it doesn't support DirectX 12+ so games will get crippled fps and you won't be able to get the epic victory royal.
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
youtu.be/9CFIDz2hgd8
youtu.be/tHTa4bQb7_Q
>Thus I strongly suggest you to get windows 10as son as possible from your nearest store and enjoy a risk free computing.
RISK FREE COMPUTING? Risk free computing while you're recommending people to run NSA: The Operating System on their machines? Go fuck yourself.

In all seriousness, it's actually usable. And I personally think it's way faster than W10, especially in older machines.
It's relatively stable, but support is ending in 2020, so it's time to switch to linux. And btw, games DO work in linux, but they are hard to install.

dumb faggot

>the more RAM u have the more the OS will eat,
Not them but, I don't use 10, disabling superfetch and all the other unnecessary stuff and you can get low. That low probably means defender is disabled though, depends on your views on that.

excellent pajeet persona you got going there

>support is ending so you need to switch

Attached: 1534497475066.gif (478x350, 84K)

Windows 10 is actually slower on high-end hardware

Attached: system.png (2560x1440, 3.1M)

Slower? On SSD there's a two second difference in boot at best. And I mean 10 is the slower one for whatever reason. And unless you use hacks to disable all the telemetry EVERYTHING will be slower or whatever.

Why the fuck are they so insistent on creating another vista?

Windows 7 POSReady Has security support until October 2021 and license keys are leaked online so no need to use an activator. 8.1 until 2023 is alright with Open-Shell, the tablet shit disabled and Win 7 drivers work fine on it since the driver model has been largley the same since Vista. Come 2023 Wine/Proton/DXVK will have even better compatibility and you could get a Ubuntu flavor or stay on Debian stable and play games with minimal effort.

Yulenqa-kun, why do you h8 furryfox so much?

check the postebin in /sqt/, there are actual tools you can use to cut shit out of your windows install before you install it, the same way you would with any normal linux distro

Name me some directX 12 games?
I challenge you

There no fucking way a woman could use the Command Prompt. No way.

Install Gentoo

My old PC (2007 mid tier gaming) was barely running with win7. After installing win10 it was significantly faster than ever.

Welcome to an unimaginably small minority.
Or thanks for lying, your M$ payment will arrive shortly.

There's still plenty of good games on linux and it keeps improving with proton and stuff now. Want to play fortnite? It's on consoles and shit too just play it there.

i rolled back to w7 this weekend cuz the opposite was happening
w10 has a fucking retarded policy of having the hdd at 100% for 90% of the time even if you disable everything you can
even a fucking image takes 10x more to load than it did on the same pc with w7
FUCK
THAT
SHIT
NIGGA

Attached: 1501393881020.jpg (1200x951, 143K)

Lot of the problem is they are using actual users as beta testers instead of having any kind of quality control anymore. It's real sad, whatever i went to linux instead of 10, personally. I don't even want to touch 10.

My laptop (2016 mid tier i5) was barely running with win10. After installing win7 it was significantly faster than ever.

This. It has constant I/O CBS cripples any system without an SSD as the boot device. And what is it so busy doing? God only knows.

ofc you retard, they're a tranny

I will admit I had blue screens after the October update but looking in the minidump the actual cause was VDM which apparently didn't play well with the update, after uninstalling it was perfectly fine afterwords and after VDM got an update I reinstalled and it was just fine
I'm still not counting that as a broken update

Fucking this. Having an extra gig of RAM allocated is bad enough, but Windows 10's disk usage makes it impossible to run off an HDD. Why the fuck does it never stop R/W to the disk? Buying an SSD helps, but why should I have to get an SSD for a problem that didn't exist in Windows 7?

My toaster (mid 90's, 30w) was barely cooking pop-tarts with chinese heaters. with korean heaters it can cook a pizza

WTF? i hate japan now!

>Lot of the problem is they are using actual users as beta testers instead of having any kind of quality control anymore.
The worst part is that this is true. That fucking pajeet single handed killed Windows with it's "genius" management, that consists of killing every Microsoft product and investing their money on Azure and Office 356.
>The agile approach of combining development and testing, under the name "combined engineering" (first used in the Bing team), is also spreading. At Bing, the task of creating programmatic tests was moved onto developers, instead of dedicated testers. QA still exists and is still important, but it performs end-user style "real world" testing, not programmatic automated testing. This testing has been successful for Bing, improving the team's ability to ship changes without harming overall software quality.
>However, there are costs to this setup. The recent layoffs have been poorly communicated both within Microsoft and beyond, but one victim group appears to have been thededicated programmatic testersin the Operating Systems Group (OSG), as OSG is following Bing's lead and moving to a combined engineering approach. Prior to these cuts, Testing/QA staff wasin some parts of the company outnumbering developers by about two to one. Afterward, the ratio wascloser to one to one. As a precursor to these layoffs and the shifting roles of development and testing, the OSGrenamed its test team to "Quality."
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/08/how-microsoft-dragged-its-development-practices-into-the-21st-century/4/
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/07/slaughter-at-microsoft-tech-giant-to-fire-14-percent-of-its-staff/374597/

telemetry logs

>tfw LTSB/LTSC is the only really stable branch of Windows 10 and it's not available to anyone but enterprises with "mission-critical" devices

Attached: windows_update.jpg (700x933, 81K)

Should've gotten a mac

>MS is single handily accelerating the adoption of SSD boot drives
Not a bad thing desu
you fucks should have switched to SSD boot drives a long time ago. I did when I was still on 7

I don't think its slower at all, maybe one second more boot time. I would not install it anyway anymore.

Get Windows 10 LTSC. I was sitting on 8.1 for a long time, even after upgrading to Ryzen which caused incompability problems, but I could not hold out longer. Windows 10 isn't as bad as they say. Just don't get a shitty home edition and don't pay for it. I'm still annoyed of how they force it, I was happy with 8.1.

>slower
win7 is faster you moron.

good bot

That's not powershell, it's possible

Yes, it actually is in certain context. I wouldn't use it now as underneath all the extra layers of bullshit atop 10, there's actually some improvement versus 7. Not to mention security vulnerabilities/patches/updates and other tech better in 10.

Either switch to Linux (preferably) or use W10 after upgrading from W7 - its basically free.

go back to the tea fields rajeesh

Yes it does they added dx12 support to win7 like 3 weeks ago at blizzards request

I don't know if its faster or slower at DX 11/12 gaming thou I'd like to know

I use Ubuntu on an SSD at home, I don't worry about boot times. When my workplace migrated everyone to Windows 10 2 years ago, it was just so fucking slow, and I know we're not getting new computers anytime soon because IT is always at the bottom of the company budget sheet.

Does Firefox Quantum still have issues with displaying the min/max/close buttons on Windows 7? Could anyone post a pic?

98>2000>XP>>>>>>Shit>>>>>Vista>8
Only shame is that you're limited to 4gb RAM.
So from that point of view, 7 is the best Windows; in any case clearly better than 10. 10 is trash
And obviously Gentoo or Arch (or maybe Debian if you're still new) is actually best overall.

Attached: UrukaSoles.png (891x1300, 356K)

>not having a RAID array of VelociRaptors for A E S T H E T I C loud synchronised spinning

Attached: AnchovyFeet.jpg (1800x2177, 769K)

>slower
It's fucking FASTER than my Win10 partition in everything it does.

that constant raping of the disk will also wear out your ssd a lot faster than necessary

>slower

Attached: tumblr_oo7w1b1nE31t92wp3o1_500.png (500x281, 136K)

It's literally lightning fast if you clean up startup shit

Also gadgets like in your screen have been deprecated for a long time, i think SP1 actually disables them or something

Use rainmeter instead

Doesn't support =/= Doesn't work

Just install wufuc

>significantly faster than ever

Attached: pajeet.jpg (1024x768, 120K)

cpus don't need drivers. i have been running 8700k on win7 for over a year now with no problem. i found drivers for all my motherboard features too. there are none for integrated graphics, but of course i am not using that with 8700k.

Games, you moron. It's always games.

It will change soon, as soon as MS lures devs into Win10 and drops Win7 support in dev tools like VS and .NET. I, for one, would just give devs everything for free.

>slower
>uses windows
checks out

Attached: glag.png (642x792, 317K)

Windows only rapes HDDs because of slow 4k performance, not a whole lot is actually written. If you where on an SSD those operations windows does that would otherwise kill HDDs would be finished near instantly

Microsoft is in a hurry to make people migrate to win10 and bury win7 so there's no going back when they realize it. And normies will never move to linux in mass. Maybe if Apple sees an opportunity and starts marketing MacOS as a real alternative instead of the expensive hipster shit it is currently. But I'm not sure if it would be any better than win10 being the majority OS. It's a real problem when the industry is so heavily invested in the Microsoft camp yet Microsoft seems to be getting worse and worse. There would need to be one astronomical level fuckup from Microsoft to push for a change to happen in the industry and even then we'd have years of shit while things settle down. And ultimately the normies uses whatever the industry supports.

roll

roll