Am i cuck for considering this? 8 desktop drives and 8 laptop drives all refurbished and working for $70...

Am i cuck for considering this? 8 desktop drives and 8 laptop drives all refurbished and working for $70. I figure it will be fun to fuck around with or am i getting shafted?

8x 3.5”————-
4x Western Digital 320GB SATA@7200RPM
1x Hitachi 250GB SATA@7200RPM
1x Western Digital Caviar 320GB SATA@7200RPM
1x Seagate Barracuda 160GB SATA@7200RPM
1x Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB SATA@7200RPM

8x 2.5”————-
1x Fujitsu 100GB SATA@5400RPM
2x Western Digital Scorpio Black 160GB SATA@7200RPM
1x HGST Travelstar 500GB SATA@7200RPM
1x Toshiba 320GB SATA@7200RPM
1x Hitachi 500GB SATA@7200RPM
1x Seagate Momentus Thin 320GB SATA@7200RPM
1x Western Digital Scorpio Blue 160GB SATA@5400RPM

Attached: 20190402_050734.jpg (720x1280, 373K)

>all refurbished
how does one refurbish a hdd?

I bought hdd ebay lots before, you're taking a gamble and should take into account a much higher failure rate

Refurbishing has no meaning anyway

Buy 'defective' drives instead for whatever illegalities they come preloaded with.

What is the total TB? Looks like over priced wreckage.

>WD Caviar blue
Don't

> how does one refurbish a hdd?
by stroking it gently with a magnet.

Attached: 5Ec8q[1].jpg (1688x964, 349K)

all of those disks are pretty small user, I hope you have enough shit to plug them into. first batch is 2260gb in total and the second is 2220gb. a 4tb hard drive is like what $100 and doesn't risk them failing in a week

Do people do this? List drives with "content" vaguely worded to sell?

best buy sell a 4tb external seagate hdd for $90 and a WD blue 4tb is $105

A pedoring like this was uncovered during the whole pizzagate thing.
No clue if and how it happens now.
The guy was selling his 'broken' drives on ebay with a potato head avatar or some such.

Attached: 1463214161950.jpg (600x850, 308K)

Why do you enjoy wasting money?
It’s weird how externals are cheaper than internal now

That's a pretty good deal if you need to build a lot of stuff that will need a separate HDD each. If you want it all for a single system, I recommend you get something with a warranty instead.

OP here what about this? Too good to bw true?
Hitachi 2 TB - 2000 GB
7200 RPM Sata 3.0 Gb/s
Size: 3.5” for desktop computer

Stock: 8 hard drives

Price: $12.00 each

Warranty: 60 days, replacement or money return

Attached: 20190402_054347.jpg (720x1280, 362K)

Yeah i know but the plan was to have a lot of hard drives to fuck around with put whatever i want on them. Maybe use one for a streaming box, a few just to always try new linux distros on, one.for a security camera setup, more for projects or repairs etc

get larger one for less
create partitions

then an hero you fuck wit

If you are using a UPS on your system then most HDDs, SSDs, and USB connected devices will last almost forever. If those drives are 2 years or older t hen they've made it past the date of most concern. Most drives die within 2 years of manufacture. Those that make it past that mark usually last 10+ years of use. If your system doesn't have a UPS then there's a good chance anything you have can die in short order due to power fluctuations you can't detect, even if you have a really nice PSU.

Those are fair prices for refurbs. When you get them, fill them up to the brim to make sure they are actually the size they are sold as being. Sometimes people (chinks) will take out the guts and put in some SD card system that shows it is 2TB but is actually only like whatever size the SD card is then will give you a dead drive error if you fill it up or whatever.

Not if i want to have the hard drives at different physical locations retard

Hmm thank you looks like im going to go with 6 2TB hard drives instead of those 16 small hard drives

They are ALL worthless trash, HDDs have 50-75 random 4KB IOPS which even fucking chink flash drives now outperform.

You're better off buying $10 64GB usb 3.0 flash drives and installing OSs on those instead. They usually have 200+ random 4KB IOPS even if slow 20-40 MB/s sequential which still outperform spinning rust irl. $20 120GB sata SSDs would be better and faster though.

What really matters in computers is system RAM. With a ramdisk you can launch programs faster than any 1337 NVME drive out there. Especially useful for things like web browsing.

Attached: aoeeqbw_460swp.jpg (10000x10000, 1.95M)

Well it isn't weird think about it like this the external is gonna be limited by USB 3.1 if your lucky and that only gets like 1gigabit max if your lucky so they can just put bottom of the bin hhds that wouldnt cut it in a normal desktop environment.
It's just them selling stuff that isn't needed so not a crazy idea and still a good supply since it's a byproduct

sometimes the firmware was badly designed and ends up making the drive useless after sometime (bad performance, locking up conditions and what not), so most of the times the drives get a simple firmware upgraded are whipped and put up for sale after being returned and marked as malfunctioning drives.
i wouldnt trust any important data to a used drive, let alone a previously fucked up drive, theses ones are both

I've bought 2.5" externals from Costco and cracked them open to use as internal drives in things because it was so much cheaper. I've got a few usb 3 to SATA adapters lying around now

Not getting shafted, but none of them look particularly good on their own. Ultimately it depends on what you want to do with them. That being said, chances are half of them won't work, and the other half will fail quickly.

>WD blue
>refurbished
they're all dead or will be after 5 minutes of runtime