Stripped screw

I've been trying to take apart an old laptop so I can reseat the display cable since it has a vertical yellow line running down the screen. I got everything apart and got out one of the two screws holding down the display cable, and the other one wouldn't come out and I fucking stripped it really bad, pic related. I watched some videos and have only managed to make it worse. Can Jow Forums help me?

Attached: 2019-04-02 07.44.39.jpg (1331x998, 228K)

Have you tried a thick rubber band between the screwdriver and the screw? Alternatively you might be able to twist it using a pair of pliers

what said, use a thick rubber band

I tried 3 different rubber bands so far, no luck. Either I've been doing something wrong, or my drill bits are worn out as hell. I'll try again with the thickest rubber band I can find

Had kind of the same problem. It required some brute Force, I had to drill the head of the screw to get it out. If you have the tools it can be done without harming your laptop.

Like you drilled it in reverse with a regular bit that you'd use to drill holes?

was that a phillips head? sometimes a tiny flat screwdriver works when that happens

Just drill it out

Dremel a slot for flat head.

Probably wrong tip. Trip sticking a square head in there now.

If you find just the right size flat head driver you'll be able to get it out easily.
And if you do you go to the nearest hardware store and ask for a replacement screw for it instead of putting it back in.

Not all people are Canadian

Or try poking thorax screw driver there, or Allen key

I don't think I have a square head bit
I can't find a flat head that works, all I've found are too big or broken. I'll look for more though

drill it out OP. that's what I do to remove screws from my rusted shitbox

this is why philips pattern has to be fucking banned

Drill it out or get some pliers

Torx and Allen too.
Why the fuck I never stripped flat head screw?

how the fuck do you strip a torx or allen?
flat heads are just barely better than philips

computer says no.

Stop buying chink screw drivers/bits and always make sure you're using the correct bit (ie #2s will strip #1s). Also stop using a drill for tiny ass screws, that's just asking to get stripped screws. The only reason construction workers use drills is because they usually have impact drivers that keep a tight grip with the hammering action. Even then a lot of those dumb fucks use them on door door/hinges and end up stripping the wood instead.

Attached: image1.jpg (150x320, 16K)

Easily. Slight over torque and you have round hole

I didn't use the drill until I needed to get the damn thing out because it was stripped with a regular manual phillips #1

even $20 chink fucking budget tools have anti-over-torque settings you fucking inbred nigger

>screwdriver slips to the side
flatheads are fucking aids

>pliers
I tried to use pliers but I couldn't get a good enough grip on the screw head to be able to twist it

Why Flathead and Phillips give some give and warning, while Allen becomes round instantly? Jewish screw is better than Allen, but it gets stripped easily too, slightly better than Phillips

Just take a trip to your local home depot or lowes. Most 9 in 1 screwdrivers have square bits. You could also just get a bit set, or a drill-out kit so you don't have to fuck around anymore.

Meh, they are only shit when it comes to drills and shit.

if you manage to fuck up allen and torx im afraid you're the retard doing something wrong

Try using a flat head that fits.

This is a thread extractor kit. 80% of the time it works everytime. It's cheap and easy to use. Like your mom.

Attached: 41jy226BznL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 19K)

I'm afraid I fucked it up more trying to drill it out. Now I have no choice but to get a dremel or something

Attached: 2019-04-02 08.42.49.jpg (1331x998, 217K)

Nope. I replaced all Allen shit with pz and had zero issues. Best screw head ever designed.
Pz>flat>Torx>jis>ph>... Shit>pee>puke> Allen

Drill it some more.

Dremel a slot

Make sure its not glued together and what its going into isn't bent, pinching it.
-You could try pushing down with a screwdriver that grips the most and slowly turning to loss BUT tap the screwdriver handle end with a mallet or hammer. That might help break it free, no guarantees but its worked several times to break threadlock for me.
-small needle nose vice grips, not from the top straight down but sideways.
Other you're going to have to cut a slot with a dremel or hacksaw blade or remove the head with a drill bit.

Should I use the same bit or a bigger one?

objectively false

It shouldn't be glued together. The screw on the other side came out just fine, this one is just being a cunt

Works on my machine
Also PZ causes butt hurt if nigger tiers to unscrew it with PH, which is ideal for outdoor use when combined with red thread lock

Looks like a Robertson square screw driving could work now.

see

I vote you throw the whole thing in the trash

Fuck it. I'll just deal with the line down my screen.

get the top of then cut off the top from a new screw and superglue it on