The time to buy traditional SATA SSD is now?

What do you think? Is it now or never?
I have this feeling that traditional SATA connector SSD:s are gonna disappear in a few years and no true development are going to be done for them anymore.

Not only that but m.sata will also disappear because m2 replaces it.

So if you want traditional 1TB+ SATA SSD drivers it is probably best to buy them soon, they are below 200 dollars anyway in price.

Even if there will be some models for many years from now, they are going to suck. Wont be even the performance of Samsung 850 Pro eventhoough technology "goes forward" all the time.

I also predict that traditional 256GB SATA SSD will "never" disappear but will be a "cheap" option for years to come by for some cheap systems and also the choice for backwards compatibility for old computers with old SATA.

Attached: samsung-m2-960pro-large.jpg (1938x1295, 193K)

>technology will be deprecated
>better buy it now
???

no logic
sata is there to stay for long time cause it's the only universal option for having many drives
and usb is not suited for ssds

false and dumb. SATA SSD will keep going down in price until a new tech comes along and does what SSD did to HDD.

but why SATA SSD:s are getting progressively worse? Samsung 850 Pro was the best and is many years old now

Because samsung does make its own software for it and older tech was the more expensive to make one, and more ralliable too
now they can shit same 500gb for 10% of the price of manufacturing, and desu end user will not know difference outside of enterprise use.

Off topic, but sort of on the subject of SSDs. What would be the best value external SSD I can buy at the moment, in the UK. Looking for at least 250GB of storage. Size, portability and speed aren't a huge factor, so entry level. ty Jow Forums

just buy a 250gb drive and an enclosure for like $10

you mean enclosure is 10 dollars, not both the drive and the enclosure?

yes obviously

I've got a caddy, or whatever they're called. Are there no interface problems, or are all-in-one external storage solutions really just for cucks who want it to look pretty?

>implying SATA itself will be going away anytime the remainder this as well as the next decade
>Implying companies won't continue to shit out msata/m2 units enclosed in sata cases for laptops and """legacy""" hardware for years to come
>Implying you currently and in the future won't be able to buy m2 to SATA adapters for less than 5 bucks a pop

Why is it you use the : in SSD:s?

Actually follow on question from that, are there any alternatives to SSDs, that are still pretty quick? Not sure what the technology of micro SD cards are, but something similar to that perhaps? I only really need something at around 100MB/s, so what would be my best bet there? ty user for the answers so far

failed high school grammar

>m.sata
Nobody cares about your old Thinkpads with your outdated ports. It's already disappeared.

SATA port and SATA SSD drives will always be around as along as HDD are around.

Micro SD wont help you even with 100MB/s if you try to install an operating system on top of it

It cant handle multiple simultaneous writes, which is a requirement for running a modern operating system on a certain recording media

SSD can handle many simultaneous writes and so can hard drives and somewhat surprisingly even compact flash, but micro SD however cannot do this and if you try it you quikcly find out your OS getting stuck all the time.

Thats literally not a thing. No one does that. Theres not a single writing style that actually uses that. Did you go to school in some african country and learn pidgin?

I bought an m2 but cant get it to work

such is the price to pay for novel technology

he is probably from binland

u wot

>>Until new tech comes along

Yeah bud nvme has been a thing since Haswell and is nearly as cheap as sata ssd

have you tried plugging it in to your butt?

:DDD~