For thoose who use Firefox

Do you use it also on your Android device, or do you use Chrome? Is it annoying for you to use a Mozilla app with Google stock apps?

Attached: 1200px-Firefox_Logo,_2017.svg.png (1200x1200, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tools.taskcluster.net/index/project.mobile.fenix.signed-nightly.nightly/latest
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I buy phones without stock apps, I use firefox

how is it annoying? works fine for me.

Yes, use it in android too. It's the best browser for mobile.
TIP: You can watch youtube videos in the background using firefox. You need to browse youtube from firefox and check "Request desktop site". Chrome doesn't even let me run youtube in the browser, it forces the app instead, also bot net

Best browser for phone is Brave. Dumb asses.

Use duckduckgo mobile browser it's pretty comfy

Forgot to mention, firefox supports extensions for mobile too

Or you could use newpipe to watch in background and have less botnet

Yep. Being able to use ublock origin+umatrix, even on a phone, is a killer feature.

Firefox on android is the best option. Chrome Mobile has zero addon support. FireFox Mobile lets you use ublock and other plugins

Just checked that out, looks awesome

I use Firefox Klar on my phone.

I use Fennec/GNU IceCat/Firefox Klar
So yeah they're basically all Firefox. Nothing annoying about them, they all work fine. A proper dark theme would be nice though.

i used to chrome in android because it handled clicks on small links better. nowadays i use firefox focus, i think it's cute when it tries to help

Attached: 0336d9b5-ab64-4ff7-97e0-b24d6c741ef1.jpg (779x876, 228K)

I use Firefox on desktop, I hate the crippled mobile version.
Slow as fuck, and you can't even sort the bookmarks.
I prefer Opera on my phone.

Talk to me about zofie

I use Firefox on my iPhone but that's not really worth anything.
It doesn't use gecko, quantum or any of the meme stuff mozilla came up with

this

I'm not a google sucking faggot, I use Firefox / qutebrowser.
Firefox for phone, qutebrowser on my Loonix machine but also firefox, because you need a bloated browser to browse the bloated internet we have nowdays.

I'd like to but I have a cheap old phone and Firefox makes it constantly lock up whereas Chrome will sometimes freeze but continue working smoothly after a second or two so I kind of have no choice. Not a big of a deal though, I rarely use my phone.

firefox for android sucks dick unfortunately. I use bromite

>with Google stock apps?

Attached: 1519731835255.jpg (238x284, 30K)

Wait a second here... Chrome doesn't support extensions on mobile?

Yes ofc I use Firefox on mobile. It's the best browser and it's convenient to have sync to transport tabs between mobile and desktop and sync passwords.

Why do Google stock apps have to do with anything?

Nope.

yes when i had a shart phone i like FF it was great

OH NONONONO

Forgive my vague characterism but I find it 'clunky'. I use brave on mobile even though i'm told it's for jewniggers but it just works quickly and with no issues.

I use firefox on PC though.

I prefer Vanced myself

It's decent, it has weird auto-complete shit that you can't turn off. Using yer Chromium-variant of choice might be better.

The tab implementation couldn't be any more retarded, could it? Same goes for chrome, chromes is even worse.

naked browser

Didn't they recently rebase FF mobile on chromes webkit?

No, but the state of Firefox on android is really confusing right now so it's understandable that you'd think that.

There are currently two main Firefox apps you can use:
1. Firefox for android. Standard fully fledged browser with add-on support running on its own engine, that also has pretty shitty loading and scrolling performance.
2. Firefox focus/klar. This is a stripped down browser that originally used google WebKit, but switched to an upgraded version of the Firefox mobile engine sometime last year. It sort of has tab support, but can only have one page loaded at a time. It has no history or addons either.

Now, Mozilla is completely remaking Firefox for android from the ground up, and the project is currently known as fenix. I have tried the reference browser for this, and I must say that the performance is very close to, if not on par with, google WebKit. I'm actually really excited for its release because we will finally have a decent foss browser with add-on support as well.

No, I use Kiwi on phone.

>auto-complete shit that you can't turn off
If you're talking about when you type in the URL bar, yes you can.

>browsing the web on a phone
>at all

Attached: 1553933757277.png (600x600, 539K)

GET OFF THE COMPUTER GRANDPA

>they all work fine
I don't know if you're baiting or shilling but in my case I have to wait at least 30-45 seconds at first launch before Firefox becomes usable on Android, due to the outdated Gecko engine. You may think it's not that much of an hindrance, but it's insufferable to waste this much time on something this trivial even on high-end devices. It's what made me switch to Brave a little while before ultimately coming back to Firefox just for the ability to disable all botnet in about:config + the obivious uBlock origin and uMatrix. Without those features I deem absolutely necessary I would have given up on FF a long time ago. If only Firefox Klar could open more tabs, had a proper about:config section on top of extension support it would be undoubtedly the best Android browser available

Attached: surprised.png (399x638, 230K)

Kiwi on phone.
Firefox on phone is just so bad

>30-45 seconds at first launch
Unless your lying then something is seriously wrong with your phone. Even on my old ass galaxy S5 it's fast.

Interesting. I just tried FF for Android and if seems much smoother than I remember and it now has double tap & drag zoom that it lacked in the past which is why I was thinking they rebased it off chrome.

i switch between fennec and lightning.
currently i use fennec more often.
regardless, mobile browsers are shit and its better to use a specific app for the site you want to interact with (e.g. clover)

i have uninstalled chrome on my key2, running firefox as my main browser and firefox klar to open links from other applications.

Firefox on desktop, because it's really good. Bromite or Brave on Android.

Disable browser.formfill.enable in about:config

>sync
i wish hosting your own sync servers still was an option.
i would never trust a third party with my browser data.
>mobile
firefox mobile consistently craps out and loses all my session data if i open too many tabs
google does not use or develop webkit. that is done by apple with safari/iphone

Im using their new mobile project called 'fenix', it is pretty barebones right now but already works well for how young it is. Nightly builds are available from tools.taskcluster.net/index/project.mobile.fenix.signed-nightly.nightly/latest

Attached: Screenshot_20190403-095431_Trebuchet.png (1080x1920, 50K)

Woah thanks for this, a few months back this browser was absolutely broken. Apart from the tab switching interface I really quite like this. However I'm not familiar with the website that you've shared. Is this Mozilla's official repo? If not could you link me to the GitHub or Gitlab page?

I only use it on Android.
Firefox sucks dick on desktop, but it's the only sane option on Android.

Yes, it's one of mozillas official build servers, there's a bunch of other projects they develop on there. Search the github yourself you lazy fuck. They don't want the broad public to use this browser yet as to not further damage what's left of their reputation.

this, firefox on PC and brave on phone

Why are you so rude? Who hurt you? Or are you doing this because the cool guys on Jow Forums are supposed to do this?

I use it on mobile too because you can use ublock on it. I think the mobile version is kind of shit though desu. I don't use the browser on my phone that much though so it serves it's purpose fine for the most part.

Since newpipe breaks every month because jewggle change their api, I switch back to firefox + background audio fix

Why not just use vanced?

Gonna check it.
Never heard of it, I used to use TubeMate then Newpipe

Vanced is really very good, however you won't get privacy like you get from NewPipe.

I honestly wanted it to be my default browser, but it's lagging too much.
I mostly use Brave now.

Good choice, however consider using Bromite over Brave. bromite.org

What phones come with no apps preinstalled??

basierend und rotpilled

Firefox on mobile is trash. You have to turn off so many flags just to get an usable URL bar.

Yes, I use it (IceCat) on android.
No, because I don't have any Google stock apps.

The scrolling performance has been fixed a few updates back. It now scrolls as smoothly or more than Chrome.

>i wish hosting your own sync servers still was an option
Wait, since when was this removed? And with what pretext?

>firefox mobile consistently craps out and loses all my session data if i open too many tabs
How much RAM does your phone have? This never happened to me. But it's normal for Android to close FF if it needs free RAM, which will obviously invalidate your session, but should still remember your tabs (if you have the setting enabled).

>Now, Mozilla is completely remaking Firefox for android from the ground up, and the project is currently known as fenix.

Damn! I was completely oblivious to this! Nice!

He meant webview, not webkit

>no Dark Theme
no thanks, I'll stick to Samsung browser

I gonna try bromite

NewPipe scrapes the website, it doesn't use YouTube APIs

Make me, fag.

I don't own a smartphone.

LineageOS

>Do you use it also on your Android device, or do you use Chrome?

Chrome for Android doesn't support content blocking or HTTPS Everywhere, so I use Firefox.

ah, lineageOS. my favourite PHONE.

I use it because of add-ons/sending tabs between devices.

I don't have a smartphone.

>Wait, since when was this removed? And with what pretext?
It was not, you can still build your own Firefox sync servers, cant you faggots fucking google? Its up there with instructions and all in Mozilla's site

Attached: 1551596027927.png (785x409, 220K)