I wish microshit decide to go back to windows 7 and decide that its the last windows they'll ever make and continue...

I wish microshit decide to go back to windows 7 and decide that its the last windows they'll ever make and continue supporting it so I won't need to migrate everything to windshit 10

Attached: 1544191462334.png (529x741, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JueddPSrsDo
memtest86.com/download.htm
windowscentral.com/windows-core-polaris
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm glad Windows 10 was made. I started browsing Jow Forums when Windows 10 came out because of all the included spying so without Windows 10 I wouldn't browse Jow Forums or use GNU/Linux.

>2015
Fucking newfag

They can pry Windows 7 from my cold, dead hands.

Attached: end.jpg (640x334, 21K)

I had been browsing Jow Forums even before then but started browsing Jow Forums in 2015 you gigantic faggot.

what if firefox/chrome, games and other applications start not supporting windows 7? Newer motherboards+cpus are already dropping support

i-i d-dunno

Attached: 1386198010219.jpg (433x334, 33K)

Same. Not a newfag, just a cross-boarder. Thanks to Wangblows 10 I started coming to Jow Forums and I've improved the way I use my computer, phone, and internet in general as a result. Currently running LTSC. I've also started playing around with different Linux distros on VMs. Never would've happened if 10 was actually good.

Set up a machine just for Win7, another one for ganoo loonix and the last one for Win10, unplugged from internet.

Attached: bejing-stormtroop.jpg (603x324, 130K)

win7 ran much slower than 10 does. you need to move on and install it or upgrade from your pentium 4.

>I had been browsing Jow Forums even before then but started browsing Jow Forums in 2015

Attached: 1540767345725.jpg (431x450, 68K)

Just learn how to slipstream all the updates for your PC right up until the moment they end support. That way, whenever you reinstall Windows 7, it'll already be updated without even having to connect to Windows Update at all. That's my main project I have set out for the entire rest of this year up until January.

However, you may wanna seriously consider putting together a new computer prior to January of 2020. That way, you'll be able to download the latest CPU update for whatever you end up getting. I currently have a Phenom II X4 840T. And I know for a fact there's an update for my CPU that's from either 2015 or 2017. I'm seriously considering putting together a Ryzen system before January. So that way, just in case there's a Ryzen update, I'll be able to download it before support ends. Then I'm set for the next 2-3 decades. Hardware wise.

this desu

It's been like that since Win98

What's there to wish for?
JUST USE THE DAMN THING, SHILL.

I have a gorillian programs on windows 7, migrating to Windows 10 and configuring all those applications/programs and even installing them against is going to be difficult.

Fuck off CIA spook I've been here since Jow Forums.net

I'm honestly just glad the nightmare of 8 is over. years later and I'm still absolutely flabbergasted at its ability to create memory leaks out of thin air and use 100% disk 100% of the time.

7 is supported until 2025.

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

Might you have any links on that, lady?

fuck off tranny

Look after WES support.

no

even if that maybe true, manufactures, vendors and developers are already starting to drop support for it. Which sucks really damn hard.

Also if I use Windows 10 then since its the last one they'll make, I won't have to migrate everything ever again.

Use 10's drivers, they work, they are the same.

>Also if I use Windows 10 then since its the last one they'll make, I won't have to migrate everything ever again.
Not true if you use LTSB/LTSC, and if you're not you will be at the mercy of their updates.

>be me
>have w7 for gayming in a ssd, then another hdd for data.
>apply security updates last week.
>find out w7 has moved the bootloader to the hdd
WTF. This is a redline for me. No more (((security))) updates ever.
>w7

Attached: nur37hjfdgh.jpg (216x233, 7K)

Wait, do they really?

>Windows 10 is literally an improved windows 7
>Prove me wrong
>You cant

B...BUT MUH PROFESSUIONALIZM

yes

Nobody is going to. They're just gonna find security breaches in your no-longer-supported hipster ass os, and hold your Loli collection as randsom

>Windows XP got a security patch in 2017
>7 has more use cases than XP did then
>Implying it won't get support for the rest on eternity

XP only got 1 security patch for 1 issue that was all over the news, 7 may get something like that after support is dropped if an issue is bad enough but that doesn't mean you should keep using it like a retard

>All those seething poojetbotnet10 rajeehs trying to shill and force people to use poojetbotnet10

O i am laffin

You don't need to migrate shit though

There are so many workarounds for getting it to work on UEFI and you can install it via ps2 adapter aswell. It also runs on amd's newest processors

No one needs windows update anyways with wsus around

Also this

I won't use LTSB, I'll go for the education version to get those monthly updates. Anything they've done major that broke on updates?

If I'm going to move from a 4690k haswell CPU, DDR3 RAM to a ryzen 3000 CPU DDR4. How would I be able to make my windows 7 boot up? I'm told that Microsoft has disabled all updates for ryzen CPUs and has no drivers for it.

oh this is also talking from migrating along with my OS already installed with all the drivers already and applications/programs, not a fresh install.

>I wish microshit decide to go back to windows 7
Windows XP 64-bit with full x86 compatibility you fucking imbecile.

They literally had the perfect OS with Windows 7.
>YOU NOW REALIZE MICROSOFT RUINED THEIR FLAGSHIP PRODUCT AND THEIR REPUTATION ALL BECAUSE THEY FELL FOR THE TABLET MEME
They ruined Windows with 8 because they fell for the tablet meme. They slightly improved with 8.1 and 10 but the main problems are still there - basically Windows is now stuck between 2 interfaces, 2 different fuckign types of interfaces. All the new settings n shit are in this gay nu Windows app format. And they overlap with the old controls in Control Panel etc but not enitrely because they're too simple, so if you want to go into depth then you have to go into the old interface anyway. And if they both control the same thing i.e. you change a setting in one environment and it registers in the other environment, then phew, good, lucky. But sometime they don't even! It's a fucking mess. Desktop users don't want any of this Tablet/App interface bullshit. They completely fucking ruined Windows because of this shit.

>b-b-but muh Surface
>muh massive Surface drawing computah for le ILLUSTRATORS!!!! LE GRAPHIC DESIGN!!!
Extremely niche extremely meme extremely overpriced meme machines / meme usage cases. Not even a tiny fraction of a tiny fraction of a tiny fraction of all the Windows computers being used in the world right now are for fucking tablet drawing / graphic design. They fucked up all the world's computers just so they could compete with Apple for the starbucks sipping low test basedboy >le tablet drawing graphics design demographic. Why not just have this meme tablet view/system just on those devices, and leave the main Windows product pozcum-free? Let everyone else, i.e. 99.9%+ at least on desktop Windows usage cases, just have a normal desktop OS that just fucking werks like Windows 7?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (680x720, 60K)

Either you switch to win10enterprise for free or you install linux.

I started browsing Jow Forums in 2017 or 2018

I'm a digital artist and even I don't want this shit. I'd rather draw with my fuckin Wacom tablet like I've already been doing for the past 10+ years. I can't use the surface bullshit anyway because my computer doesn't have a touch screen, so what's the point?

Attached: 1546383845208.jpg (800x600, 130K)

When I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I stopped getting BSODs, so it's not all bad.

For the Surface products. The Surface tablets, the Surface hybrids. And most especially their big Surface Studio meme computers. They all have touchscreens.
youtube.com/watch?v=JueddPSrsDo

They messed up everyone else's Windows experience in the world - normies, students, all sorts of businesses, even fucking hospitals, doctors and nurses trying to just get on with their jobs and read/edit patient records - they ruined eveyrone's Windows experience with this tablet/app system bullshit just to cater to le graphics design basedboys in the hopes of enticing them to buy Surface products, and thus take the 'cool' title back from Apple.

Attached: 5fe[1].jpg (1024x721, 166K)

Okay cool, you said that already. I was adding that not even artists necessarily want this shit. Do you have brain damage?

Let's be real. If any serious security vulnerbility is discovered, they're still going to patch that shit.
>for free

So you're saying these CPU drivers work for Windows 7 as well?

Attached: 1535070076682.png (1897x925, 49K)

I got that, I agree with you, I'm just pointing out that Microsoft are retards for putting this tiny demographic (that e.g. in your case dont even want it) ahead of the UX of every other Windows user in the world.

>cpu drivers
I suggest you learn how a PC works.

>what is microcode
yikes

They're the chipset drivers right? I'm supposed to use these for windows 7 and they'll work?

At the very least they could've had an edition without all the tablet crap but because they want to push their app shit and get a market share with their store they won't. Microsoft went from serving its users to serving themselves. The infinite money they were already making wasn't enough.

When it comes to BSOD's, the first order of business is to always run a RAM test.

memtest86.com/download.htm

And if your RAM ends up coming out just fine, chances are it might be something rather obscure. Like a malware issue of some sort. Just make sure you leave the test running overnight. However, migrating to another Windows is never a solution for solving a BSOD issue. I myself migrated from Vista to 7 way back in September of 2017. And I have yet to experience a single BSOD at all.

Just an FYI, Microsoft has long ago already announced what is next: Windows Core Polaris
windowscentral.com/windows-core-polaris

slipstream drivers from windows 10, common practice for win7 on ryzen 2xxx series cpus already
nigga what, are you retarded? changing that much hardware is grounds for a fresh install of windows even IF all of it is supported. windows has never played nice with changing multiple pieces of hardware simultaneously

I've heard that manually uninstalling all related MOBO+CPU drivers then installing the new ones work

>Desktop users don't want any of this Tablet/App interface bullshit. They completely fucking ruined Windows because of this shit.
This. Somehow I feel I'm gonna have to switch to Linux at some point

Firefox will support Windows 7 for very long time, same as it was done with Windows XP.
About games, I don't play, as most new games are kinda boring for oldfag like me.
About other software, I don't need updates, as everything working properly.

>I wish company woudls tuck with the product I grew on
time can't be stopped, child

you are talking like those ppl who grew with super nintendo

blame apple
app stores are apple's fault

Feel free to go back to the subreddit you came from