Google Stadia

Will this flop?

Attached: Gear_Stadia_GoogleGDC.jpg (1500x1125, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamstat.com/
twitter.com/notlion/status/1109255312408633345/video/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It will get shutdown in 2 years after the product manager gets promoted

This. Not because it's shit, but because that's what Google does.

Tell us more about it.

I hope it does simply because i's made by them. They are moving against our best interests. I don't want to hate them but they are giving me little choice in the matter.

possibly, i'll be trying it out though.

I've got near direct access to one of the largest data centers in the country. Assuming google hosts their Stadia servers there, I should be getting 2-3ms ping with 900+mbps of bandwidth available in both directions.

I will be very interested to see how performance stacks up in what would amount to essentially the best case scenario.

I think it will, but I hope it will not flop

I'm a student for the next two years and aim don't have the funds to buy expensive hardware.

Very sceptical if my 50mbps connection can handle it though

let's hope it does because if it doesn't google has yet another monopoly.

Listen up virgins. I predicted pubg would be the best selling/most important game since Minecraft when it has less than 50k players. I successfully called the Wii u and switch for being failures/successes respectively. This is the truth

It is going to absolutely, completely and utterly btfo the Xbox/ps, maybe not straight away but very noticeably within 5 years completely within 10. Portable Nintendo consoles and pc will be largely unaffected cause different audiences.

What people don't get is that most normalfags only care about a quick and easy way to play fn, pubg and FIFA. This is FAR more convenient if you can play anywhere on your phone, computer or smart TV. Performance wise it might not be great, but the PS4/xbone are already awful in this respect and casuals don't care.

I'll go over some basic things virgins will screech about

>Muh internet
All the popular games (probably the biggest 5 on PS4/xbone: FN, apex, pubg, FIFA, cod) are already multiplayer and require the internet

>muh performance
Already explained above

>Muh ownership
You already can't play games you own without paying for a subscription of gold or plus

Legit so few reasons to get a ps/xbone instead of this. People who want performance or cheapest go on pc, people who want convenience and simplicity play on this. Although admittedly, it's going to get off to a slow start.

Attached: brainlettttt (1).jpg (800x450, 44K)

Yes because a lot of people will still have laggy connections, they can make the device good but can't improve everyone's isp

Attached: images.jpg (226x223, 5K)

>All the popular games (probably the biggest 5 on PS4/xbone: FN, apex, pubg, FIFA, cod) are already multiplayer and require the internet
to be fair, stadia will require much lower latency on the internet side of things, to make up for the latency introduced on their end.

It wont be ideal for competitive shooters like counter strike or similar games which at a high level of play LAN latencies of sub 5ms are required to really showcase top talent.

They are going to put heart sensor and mic in it, aren't they?

>letters A and B
>symbols X and Y
what?

Maybe they shouldn't have given up so easily on Google Fiber. But it doesn't matter anyway because they'll give up on this console ASAP. Once the people who made it get a promotion they'll want to work on something else to get another promotion.

I really hope so. The long term implications behind this technology are very dystopian.

>I predicted pubg would be the best selling/most important game since Minecraft when it has less than 50k players. I successfully called the Wii u and switch for being failures/successes respectively
Do you have proof that you actually made these predictions?
Can you list all the predictions you've made that ended up being false as well?

no but I can make funny noises with my hands

well im convinced.

the concept is retarded
they will literally stream you HD video of your gameplay on their machine in real time as you play
i mean what fucking internet connection does one need for this shit
this will be just a normie fad for a while
no serious gamer or even sane person will leave their PCs for this because the FEEL WILL BE NOTICEABLE

Same guy, I should also mention I'm a casual nowadays and very eager to try it as long as it gets all the big games.

It's for casuals who don't care about that stuff, I know if it simply let me pay quick rounds of pubg in the train with a controller mount for phone I'm all for it.

Neckbeards, pros, steamers and anyone who requires good performance will continue playing on pc.

Pubg was definitely my best one, although I only was confident in this after playing it myself. Worst times I've been wrong: nms being "good", I didn't expect it to be unbelievable but not total crap either, expected star citizen to release some early access full game mode which I don't think it has.

Do you think the average internet speed in the US being slow as fuck would have an effect on its popularity?

Yes. It's a shit project and has insanely bad latency

Will it flop? No.
Do I hope it does? Yes.

It will have modest success like the original XBox, but where Microsoft threw a shit zillion dollars to make the 360 popular, Google will likely just kill it after 4-6 years, do no follow up console, and drop the whole game division like they do with everything that isn't Youtube or Gmail.

*Youtube, Gmail, Drive, Maps
and also Search obviously

>You already can't play games you own without paying for a subscription of gold or plus
This is disingenuous because you mean games you "own" by getting them from Gold/Plus when they're "free" by that service. Different from every game you have being unownable.

Sony actually does this already, they have an online service where you can play PS4s remotely.
I tried it, and surprisingly it worked fine for regular games. The main circumstance where it would suck dick is action/FPS games and competitive multiplayer.

>botnet
no thank you

>This is disingenuous because you mean games you "own" by getting them from Gold/Plus when they're "free" by that service.
I don't mean that at all. If you want to play your games online, you have to pay for gold or plus, and all the popular games are multilayer.

The statement "you can't play most games you own without a subscription" is 100 percent true

But it is shit.

That itself is also debatable because free to play games like Apex and Fortnite can be played without those services.
You're implying I can't play Bloodborne, Sekiro, Labyrinth of Coven, or even Dishonored if I don't have PS+, but that's bullshit.

X and Y are letters too, what point are you trying to make?

Google are only doing this so that when big gov steps in and says they have too much of a monopoly they can sever the gaming branch of the company into a seperate entity and say 'look what we did, we made it all better' and the incompetent governments will be very pleased at their own efficacy.

yeah
the infrastructure to maintain it just isn't there

Regardless of other things you have "predicted", all these three points are true.

It's not debatable at all... These are the most popular games on PS4. They are all multiplayer. It's also old so missing the latest FIFA and pubg.

Basically, if you want to play any of the popular games (with the exception of fn/apex) you have to pay a subscription. If you want to play less popular games like you listed, you don't, but all the big games are multiplayer so most people have to pay.

gamstat.com/

Attached: ps4-number-of-players-980x635.png (980x635, 139K)

niggerware

Still bullshit because if I have even a physical copy of those, I can resell them, or trade them in smoewhere to either Amazon, Best Buy or Gamestop and still get money out of it if I don't want it anymore. So I still own the game that way.
Only issue is if you're a digital cuck, and you sound like one so no wonder you're eager for Stadia, you don't want to own anything in the first place.

Legit can't stand sonyggers cause of this. Who actually gives a fuck about technicalities if you can't play them without paying, and inevitably end up buying them again next when the next console comes out. This puts them behind torrented pc games, older consoles or pc digital cause with all these you have them in a playable state free if charge forever

I think it is a good idea and has some potential. That being said I don't think google is dedicated enough and this is a PR piece.

It pretty much already has.

>input lag
yes

Read this out-loud and tell me you don't sound like a low IQ Mexican who drinks soda opposed to water because he wants to taste something:

"I think it will, but I hope it will not flop"

t. never used parsec

Add it to the growing Google graveyard at gcemetery.co

Attached: DeadOnArrival.jpg (2444x1655, 1.91M)

If Google can kill inbox on a whim this has no chance of surviving. Fuck Google.

during the google presentation (i.e. likely ideal conditions in an isolated environment with a stable, dedicated high speed internet connection) there was about 5 frames of input lag at 30 fps. in other words, in the best case scenario you're looking at over 160 ms of input lag in singleplayer games. anyone who plays games online should know that fast paced games become borderline unplayable above ~100 ms. even non-gamers should be able to notice the delay. personally if i wouldn't enjoy playing with more than ~70 ms lag.
in addition to that, you're renting the games and will never actually own them. it's steam/origin/etc but way worse, since you're forced to play the latest patch, you can't play at all if your internet goes down, you can't modify the game files and you can't cheat (in singleplayer, if you're into that).
the only reason this will be even remotely popular is google's infite marketing budget. it's just as much of a joke as onlive was and i can only imagine this being successfully used for short gameplay demos, so you can try a game after watching an ad/video on youtube, not for full games that aren't turnbased.
twitter.com/notlion/status/1109255312408633345/video/1

Attached: tachyons.jpg (1300x666, 79K)

No way to know until it comes out

I really hope they have a 2 hour trial period, to see if its worth while.

Parsec is a laggy piece of shit

Yes. Google can't into fun.

Are you dense? XYAB has been the standard layout (aside from PlayStation) since the SNES days.

>Google Fiber
>Google Plus
>Wave
>Google Glass
>Google TV

and many other stupid shit Google does

Yes. this tech CANNOT work to a good degree with current tech. Google or not. Internet infrastructure and physics just can't support it in most places. Can't wait to see it fail.

This is one area where adored is totally off kilter. He actually thinks this won't be a failure.

Attached: f.png (624x794, 792K)

This.
Seriously, how people still use anything by this unreliable company?

>one area
nigga, adored is off all the fucking time.

If you can get Netflix you can get games. No difference on client side.

>The main circumstance where it would suck dick is action/FPS games and competitive multiplayer.
which are the most popular games out there being payed regularly by millions.

I have watched a fair bit of his content and I think hes mostly fair. I havent seen anything as stupid as his insistence that stadia won't be a failure.

i'm still waiting for my 16 core 5ghz ZEN 2 launched at CES.

>no difference between Netflix and games

are you retarded? I'm not controlling time critical tasks with Netflix where input lag and latency matter.

except netflix videos aren't interactive and input lag isn't relevant for static content.

Attached: even i know this is retarded.jpg (500x514, 215K)

Coudlve very well been true when he received the leak. I dont think a leak that is off is comparable to actually thinking stadia won't flop

>Coudlve very well been true when he received the leak
lmao shut the fuck up, current rumors are pointing to 12c models not 16c, and it's still looking like june or even later for launch.

That is in no way CES back in jan. It was pure clickbait bullshit like 90% of his garbage. The fact the greasy cunt has the balls to ask for pateron support is just the fucking icing on top of the obvious clickbait trash he is.

lmao can't wait until you get proven wrong

I think it'll... "flop" as in it does fairly O-K, but its not getting the PS5 killer numbers they expected, despite bundling... lets say 6 months free with every chromebook and android phone.

I would not go as far as to say unreliable, but they have a huge ass track record of shti that sucks, was a failure or worse (fucking Wave and G+ were a joke from the get go).
They also have other huge ass problems, they got to a point that you could get like five different messaging apps, it's like nobody is controlling shit and they have retarded pajeets making useless products and fragmenting and fucking up their own ecosystem

proven wrong about what? I was already proven right when CES ended up being nothing more than a product demonstration probably using platinum grade silicon that you'll never be able to actually purchase on release.

What a retarded comparison. Anons statement is fine.

As long as they don't try any shit like VR because VR is a meme gimmick fad that already flopped.

Attached: boruto weird eyes.jpg (279x490, 32K)

Product launch dates can change on a whim. The launch being off doesn't mean as much as the other info to be proven correct

Lmao, they wouldn't be ready to launch and suddenly decide not to. What sort of fantasy world do you live in? Engineering samples weren't out yet, everyone was shitting on adored saying it would be at best a product showcase, which is exactly what it ended up being.

Yeah well my gaming rig will probably still be better than any jewgle fag console for at least 10 years.

I'd never use anything google, even if they paid me.

Meanwhile
>Google Search
>Maps
>Earth
>Gmail
>Android
>Chrome OS
>Chrome
>Docs
>Drive
>Tasks

only in third-world countries with data caps.

next time, follow the thread read the whole thing and don't try to sound smart. you are fucking not.

So Murica and Australia are fucked?

Your school has a pretty early summer vacation.