Why installing shit is so boring on linux?

why installing shit is so boring on linux?
>"You successfully downloaded the compressed file for the app you want! Great ! Now please, enjoy your time manually clicking on each dependancy because whoever made linux is a fucking autist to not add it on the fucking app already SINCE IT NEEDS THE FUCKING THING TO RUN FFS"

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-02_18-09-44.png (1366x768, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/official_repositories#Enabling_multilib
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

manjaro was a mistake

Yeah but if it's not like that you end up with abortions line WINSXS with 40gb of different versions of the same shit.

Or Flatpak.

So it's better, even though more tedious, to install dependencies as they arise.

what the fuck

I just do sudo yum install -y and that's it

>I just do sudo yum install -y and that's it

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-02_18-15-33.png (1366x768, 147K)

Just install ubuntu.

Wait wut. For AUR just
>Download the tarball of the thing you want
>tar -zxvf ./yourthing.tar.gz
>cd ./yourthing
>makepkg
>Wait a bit
>sudo pacman -U ./yourthing.pkg.tar.xz
No clicking or manual dependency resolution required.

Attached: 1553766601726.png (420x420, 9K)

Just how stupid are you?

lol xD

holy fuck i dont have time for this shit

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-02_18-22-43.png (1366x768, 276K)

Thanks for showing us all that you have a literal room-temperature IQ

Did you try apt-get instead of yum?
Example: sudo apt-get install apache2

>install something that eventually breaks the whole os apart
>have to unironically redownload every OS element, including dependencies all over again
jesus fuck you've got to be a turbonerd to use something like this

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-02_18-29-18.png (1366x768, 429K)

You aren't smart enough to use Linux, go back to your M*cbook

Smart isn't really a requirement for normal usage.

OVER
D E P E N D E N C I E S
tbhimofamilia.... dam, what a (unnecessary) cliquefest.

>yum
What year is it?

surely if you continuing mashing keys and entering commands with no knowledge of what they do something good will come

It actually was until facebook cancer and smartphones made the internet a normie haven.

ok

smiley

Use an AUR helper retard.

Do you have a multilib repo in your repository list? /etc/pacman.conf

Just get an aur helper like the rest of us plebs. Try pikaur.

>installs a hobby distro
>complains that it handles like a hobby distro
oh wow I didn't see this coming from a mile away

Attached: 1495275292235.png (777x656, 159K)

yaourt -S package if you're using manjaro, I believe they also include yay. Maybe a ditribution like Mint would be mpre suited top ypu, seeing as you are both new to Linux and mentally handicapped.

sudo pacman -S wine

Manjaro has multilib enabled by default, hasnt even run pacman -Sy yet to get the repo databases. Has no idea what he is doing and consulted Jow Forums before consultinf either a wiki or their forums.

Unless you're using the AUR, don't install packages on Arch by downloading them from the website like that. You can install that package with `pacman -Sy wine`.
In any case, you need to first uncomment the [multilib] block from /etc/pacman/pacman.conf. This is most likely why it fails to fetch those lib32 dependencies when you try to install the package manually like you are doing in the pic, and I'm assuming you've tried running `pacman -S wine` before and it didn't work which is why you're trying to download it manually like that.
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/official_repositories#Enabling_multilib

>Manjaro

You deserve whatever you get for being this retarded

I use yay, should I switch?

sudo pacman -S wine in terminal

you idiot

Attached: Lol3.png (332x313, 227K)

how did you manage to fuck up manjaro to this extent? just go back to windows you cretin

fucking retard

it's just 'apt' now

Try Pakku

OP IS SEE YOU USE MONJARO

NOW TYPE

>YOGURT YEAH

BASH WILL TELL YOU

>HONEY WHAT PACKAGE YOU WANT

NOW TYPE WINE OR LIST FOR A COMPLETE LIST (MORE @ MONJARO BBS)

OTHERWISE BASH WILL HELP YOU AND TREAT YOU LIKE THE CUTE FAG THAT YOU ARE.

PM ME IF PROBLEMS ARISE

XXX

retard

Attached: 1527528010416.png (500x474, 69K)

never use a rolling release distribution if you're a beginner who can fix things himself, manjaro is a trap
install Ubuntu instead for the love of god

can't*
fuck me sideways

>all that for a bunch of nothing
see

Now that's a Maximum Yikes

Attached: pkXIb81.jpg (967x683, 48K)

how incredibly retarded

sudo pacman -S wine
you moron.
sudo pacman -Syu
it literally tells you what to type.

>he can’t figure out dependencies
If you spent the 45 minutes installing arch rather than noobjaro you wouldn’t have this issue because you would know how to use the package manager.
Unironically install windows, pleb.

>cancer fag copy and paste lines of code >without understand the basic concepts >of bash
go back to windows 10

Clearly OP can't fucking read or is a WinTard...
Probably both.

Come the fuck on, you can't be THIS retarded. Just go ahead and play the "I WAS ONLY PRETENDING XD" card.

i herd u laik clickers so we made a clicker os while you click with your clicks lmao
lol fucking cuck piece of shit imma go win10 lol

>whoever made linux
nigger what?

>using manjaro when you don't even know how to use a pakman
nigger what the fuck are you doing?

try
> yaourt -Ss "package name"
to find your thing, then
> yaourt -Ss "package"
to install it

thanks for confirming you're retarded.

It's no rocket science that Linux is a thing for nerds. If you aren't a nerd... don't bother with it.

Switch to a non-autistic version of linux, like Fedora. Fedora don' hafta deal with this shit. Dnf install (program). Done. Resolves 'em for ya.

>this thread

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 13K)

Gentoo doesn't have this problem. Stop using meme distros.

Attached: start-here-kde.png (256x256, 54K)

holy fuck what a retard

I just refuse to believe this is what Jow Forums has come to

Ignore the condescending freetards I've been there myself. Its called baby duck syndrome and you will get over it. Read some man pages and you will learn.

Attached: 1267508731542.jpg (500x292, 21K)

>manjaro
That's the problem

>all you have to do is this command!
>command doesn't work
>oh em gee you are so dumb XD

fuck you guys

hearty kek

OP, all you have to do is
sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -S wine
and pacman should take care of the rest.
Although if you're starting off with Linux for the first time, you should probably be using Ubuntu or Mint instead of Manjaro. Most of the tutorials for installing stuff online for noobs are meant or Ubuntu or Debian-based distros.

it is often a user error tho. just go idle on their irc channels and see all the brainlets that come there and ask retarded things

Attached: 1534235498001.png (951x451, 94K)

yay -S package-name. You're Welcome

are you retarded?

Go install ubuntu, open synaptic package manager and work from there. Why would you even try to install a shit distro and then complain that things don't work out of the box? It's not that you even understand the basics of installing a program using linux and THE REASON THAT DEVELOPERS DON'T ADD THE REQUIRED DEPENDENCIES ON THE PACKAGE.

He's retarded, but not for the reason you're saying.

He tried to both bypass his package manager and install a package from a different distro. Honestly, I find it hard to believe somebody can be this retarded so I really hope he's just pretending. Which still makes him a fucking moron, but still.

He is just pretending and you all got baited.
>/home/manjaro

The guy saying "I'm just pretending to be retarded" is still a retard. Just a different kind.

>merely pretending

I won't bother looking at the thread. you're a fucking retard

wrong, do
[kode]
sudo rm -rf --no-preserve-root &&
sudo pacman -Syu;
sudo pacman -Sy wine
[/kode]
this deletes cache and upgrades so you get all the dependencies before installing, manjaro users are so stupid

It's a tool not a video game.

sudo pacman -Syu wine
does the same thing in one line

Linux is a kernel.

>I don't know how to use linux, why is this so TERRIBLE and STUPID?!?!?@!

on a related note, why can't distro maintainers decide on just a general word for "get this package and install it" instead of making everybody learn and memorize that shit? Also fucking renaming the lib and dev packages between distros so when you google "I'm missing how do I get it" and it only gives you the OpenSUSE package name and you have to play whack-a-package with your distro googling around for what it's called

The irony is that this is completely true. Portage is literally THE BEST package manager at resolving dependencies automatically and masking them when necessary.

# pacman -Syyu

I just use synaptic's GUI to install shit, I don't see why you'd bother going through command line autism unless you had to.

>why can't distro maintainers decide on just a general word for "get this package and install it"
Because every "parent" distro has its own package manager, and the devs from these distros generally don't work with each other. Plus, the way devs and libs are packaged varies from distro to distro. It would be nice if they merged things for a standard, but none of the distro developers want to lose their own package manager and standards to another distro.

first post retarded post

>written in python

yay -S [packagename]

>be fucking retarded
>HURR DURR ITS LOONIX FAULT

Shoot yourself you waste of oxygen

ITT literally the reason Linux will never catch on as a desktop environment.

Good.

Imagine being THIS retarded.

As always, the biggest source of computer errors is between the chair and the screen

>implying this is a bad thing

It's pretty much the same as using an app store.

This is why Arch got rid of its installer.

My keyboard?

There needs to be a balance. You don't want Ubuntu-tier, but you don't want to scare capable hobbyists off with LFS or Gentoo-level straight out of the gates.

Manjaro is a good balance to learn on, I think. Not full-hand-holding but not gimped for apple/facebook types. You have AUR and all the joys that brings and countless ways to fuck things up and or fix them.

Why don't you just use Ubuntu? You're obviously new to Linux, and you can compile programs by hand, regardless of the disto.

This entire fucking thread

Attached: A117C4F0-2D81-4475-BA17-9DF17E1D0D45.jpg (800x600, 36K)

>Uhh guys so I can`t do thi-
>Everyone else: HAAH WHAT A FUCKING RETARD LMAO
I wouldn`t be surprised if Jow Forums is mostly composed of 12 year olds

You are trying to install wine32 while haven't enabled multilibs you absolute retard.