>hardened firefox settings
>vpn
>Decentraleyes
>cookie autodelete
>privacy badger
>https everywhere
>ublock origin
>umatrix
If i have all these addons, will it make me easy to track? Should I just use ublock origin and blend in with the crowd?

Attached: serveimage(4).jpg (251x201, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1405971
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/referercontrol/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Adding a bunch of extensions isn't the best in overall security, we're talking about more possible liabilities piling on top of each other. The best is obviously Tor, but other than that I use Pale Moon with some factory settings modified. I hear IceCat is also nice, but I haven't used it myself.
But first of all, avoid using a bunch of addons.

Meme browsers defenetly have a unique fingerprint, i would avoid that
And yes i have tails on a usb stick, i use that also

>If i have all these addons, will it make me easy to track?
Yes and no. Some of them protect you against more conventional means of tracking, but they make the fingerprint of your browser more unique.

If you have js enabled it is still possible to track you. Just use Tor.

>But first of all, avoid using a bunch of addons.
Yeah, stop even TRYING to be private.
Glow a bit brighter in the dark.

If your country has mandatory data retention laws or tor is illegal, use a vpn with tor.
If your country doesnt have data retention DONT USE A VPN WITH TOR

That was not my point you double nigger. Are the extensions open source and audited?

Well firefox is now in Soros' pocket, all there are left are meme browsers. Opera and Brave shouldn't even be considered.

https everywhere sucks

>Are the extensions open source and audited?
...yes? Why even bother replying if you are quite literally ignorant on the question?

I know firefox is pozzed but over 40% of internet users have firefox. The point is having to blend into the crowd
FF is still open source and sure as heck beats (((chrome)))

I don't know why people buy into this "you need to blend into the crowd" meme. Your browser is only one part of how you're fingerprinted. Using a different one really doesnt make your fingerprint any more or less unique.

This entire post is retarded

Nice try Mr. CIA.

Fuck you brainlet

You'll have to try harder than that to cover up your bioluminescense, my friend. I'm not gonna use your pozzed browser, especially not without extensions.

>but over 40% of internet users have firefox.
No. 5-10% depending on what statistic you look at.

Some browsers allow you to resist fingerprinting more effectively than others.

Yeah ur right i thought firefox was more popular

Yeah, that's a fair point, but when most people talk about using a certain browser to "blend in" they're mostly just talking about user agent, etc., which is silly and makes little difference in the grand scheme of things. You might thwart some newbie webdev's attempt at fingerprinting but you won't stop any of the big boys that way.

Using a rare browser gives a unique print considering there are thousands of indentifiers
Resisting fingerprinting makes you easily identifiable
But firefox does have good tracking protection built in

>Thousands of indentifiers
Yeah, and changing one of those variables does very little to make you more or less identifiable.

>But by using a rare browser, my fingerprint is unique so it's easier to track me!
Your fingerprint was unique before. Your fingerprint either is unique, or it isn't. Anything less than "is" is a waste of effort, since you're just as easily indexable as anyone else.

Im just gonna use tails teehee

Yes but now your VPN provider is selling your browsing data to google directly

CAN I GET A FINAL ANSWER AS OPPOSED TO NIGGERS CALLING EACH OTHER GLOWERS?

tl;dr you aren't important enough to track. nobody gives a fuck about you.

replace privacy badger with privacy possum, or delete it and just use umatrix. Its redundant to have umatrix and privacy badger/possum. delete cookie autodeleter since firefox has that function baked into it now. use a plugin that disables WebRTC since that can leak your ip from behind a vpn.

Attached: image.jpg (378x485, 138K)

media.peerconnection.enabled set to false disables WebRTC in FF, you don't need an extension

This
Use the about:config nubs

The cia nigger botnet tracks everyone, not individuals

What did he mean by this

More hops is not secure
Adding a vpn adds another point of failure

>cookie autodelete
>uses Jow Forums
Can I add exceptions to that? I can't go without my user settings like image hover or webm audio unmuting.
Or can a Jow Forums gold account login remember my settings?

You can whitelist Jow Forums, yes

>hardened firefox settings
>vpn
>Decentraleyes
>cookie autodelete
>privacy badger
>https everywhere
>ublock origin
>umatrix

By your powers combined I'm firefox uuid leak.

>uuid
Uwu what did u mean by this

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1405971

Firefox leaks extensions IDs, if that wasn't bad enough the extension IDs are unique for every user as they randomize such IDs once per user (not per sesion or over time just once so it's unique and easy to identify you even if you have the same configuration and extensions than other users)

And that's not the only thing they're leaking :S

What browser should i use besides tor

It doesn't matter probably you can be tracked no matter which one you use, so don't worry about it unless you want to go to extremes to protect your privacy.

What extremes uwu

user the only way to be immune to tracking is to just not use the internet, so just install Chrome and stop being a paranoid faggot

That's right, just give up and bend over. Don't even try taking any privacy measures. Just make it easy for u̶s̶ them.

Is there anything more secure than tails

Probably qubes + whonix
Could be just as secure still

Dunno what decentraleyes is
Umatrix makes privacy badger redundant, especially if you only usw FF on private windows
Set both HTTPSeverywhere and umatrix to forbid mixed content
Remove cookie autodelete since firefox and umatrix have the same built in functions
Assuming the vpn is good, you're good 2 go

The websites you visit can still have first party scripts though, so review which websites you visit/accounts you have and cut off everything unnecessary

Yeah but qubes was not made by the tor project tho
It seems like qubes would function as a daily driver, but for TOR only i think tails is more suited

>Dunno what decentraleyes is
It's a local repository of JavaScript libraries, fonts, and the like. Loading them locally instead of pulling from Google and other vendros increases privacy and speed. Works in conjunction with ad blockers like uBo.

>install ungoogled chromium
>enable canvas fingerprint deception flags + ublock/umatrix/scriptsafe/etc
>unique fingerprint every page load/refresh
>ephemeral keys enabled in dnscrypt
Voi-fuckin'-la. Track that, niggers. How many times I gotta say it.

forgot about font fingerprinting

Oh, you were talking in the context of tor usage
Yeah, tails is definitely more suited than that, I thought you meant on a general sense, like "is there an operational systen safer than tails?"
Whonix is good as a daily driver, but its not developed alongside tor, so tails would definitely be more secure in that regard

That sounds pretty good, I might check it out
Supposing I have it installed, could I block remote fonts from loading so the addon would load from local files?

Attached: 1528458044872.png (1354x736, 77K)

>enable canvas fingerprint deception flags

Which flags are that?

#fingerprinting-canvas-measuretext-noise
#fingerprinting-canvas-image-data-noise
If they're not there, you need an updated version.

thanks.

>Supposing I have it installed, could I block remote fonts from loading so the addon would load from local files?
Hard to tell, seems like if you block remote fonts at the browser level the pull request would never even get to Decentraleyes but it may take some trial and error to confirm for sure

I see, gonna do some tests once I can, thanks user!

Attached: IMG_20190328_130224_222.jpg (286x327, 14K)

Also get referer control addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/referercontrol/
and use the MVPS hosts file to block (some) tracking domains completely

ah-bloo-bloo

>2.9 stars
Yikes