What's the best Android keyboard?

What's the best Android keyboard?

Attached: gboard.jpg (640x468, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidauthority.com/swiftkey-suspends-service-data-leak-706680/
nowsecure.com/blog/2015/06/16/samsung-keyboard-security-risk-disclosed-600m-devices-worldwide-impacted/
exodus-privacy.eu.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

definitely not pic related.

probably some open source meme shit Jow Forums freegans will shill here soon

AnySoftKeyboard

I use gboard with an all black theme

stock unless you're special

l33t
hacxerrr
k3y
b0ard

gboard by far honestly, hackers keyboard is pretty nice for coding and such

I use AnySoftKeyboard but use literally anything that doesn't require Internet access

>top tier
>dedicated number row
>swipe space bar to switch language

>mid tier
>dedicated number row
>no swipe space to switch language

>shit tier
>no number row
>no swipe space to switch language

Attached: 1550748619746.jpg (1024x846, 44K)

j00 m43k phun 0f 1337 h4x0rz 8u7 Y 1iv3 1f u 14cK 73h 5k33lz m8, ju57 ky5 & 134v3 r00m 4 5up3r10r m3n 8r4h

Why would I need to type anything other than English?

I use Gboard but I disabled its ability to connect to the internet with Netguard. Simple Keyboard as well so I can easily switch between having and not having autocorrect and word prediction. It works well for me.

Attached: Screenshot_20190402-152330_Clover.jpg (1080x2220, 449K)

Keyboard69

It's spelt colour Americans.

Attached: entente-cordiale.jpg (562x330, 100K)

American English uses the superior Latin spelling, thank you very much.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (915x1220, 158K)

Anysoft would be perfect if you could hide or move the dumb emoji key

SwiftKey

Same.

Especially the ability to quickly change between layouts is great.
A lot of tracking to switch off, though.

It's botnet but I use fleksy because the autocorrect is good and swiping left deletes the whole last word.

Fleksy

i cant make it all black
how do you do this? the enter button either is bluegreen, or the next best thing is some shitty grey
post screenshot?

Currently, SwiftKey with netguard or similar firewall.
But it looks like ASK is actually getting somewhere, which is nice. Even their meme swiping kinda works if you swipe reeeeeally slowly (but it can't get a single word even kinda right if you swipe with normal speed for now). I really hope they keep at it so that in the future we can actually have a usable open source keyboard.

Actually I take that back. AKS is better.

For weeb shit, you 馬鹿外人

AnySoftKeyboard

Attached: 1554247580208.png (720x461, 25K)

please leave Jow Forums and don't come back

This best thing about SwiftKey is being able to use multiple languages simultaneously without needing to switch anything.
Too bad it's a botnet.

This is your brain on muhrica.

AOSP Keyboard

simple keyboard

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-03-01-32-26-1.png (236x322, 34K)

Attached: gemini-4054-001.jpg (970x647, 71K)

Whatever stock Samsung has

MessageEase.

I can enter control/alt-characters directly, without having to open menus or change layers.

why is swiftkey's word prediction so much better than all other android keyboards?

Attached: 1551054526198.jpg (1600x1092, 204K)

Sadly Gboard. I've tried them all, it's the best for swiping has a great ability to just get what I want.

Do what I did and disable its ability to connect to the internet with Netguard.

Street shitting

blackberry

Just create a patch that adds a better version of the bottom row. It's what I did and it works quite fine now.

Samsung keyboard

Attached: 1551646974678.png (874x1024, 509K)

>all the botnet cucks itt

Attached: 1554164659808.png (720x720, 382K)

Based and redpilled

Unironically pic related

Cringe and bluepilled

Don't listen to the foreigners, they're just jealous because they're required to use more than one language to survive

If you're an Anglo and only need English - Simple Keyboard from Fdroid or Blackberry Key's physical keyboard
If you're not - AnySoftKeyboard assuming it has your language as an option
If AnySoftKeyboard doesn't support your language - use whatever one you can find that does and block its internet connection in AFWall or Netguard

>no Hacker's Keyboard
wtf Jow Forums ?

People who would actually make use of that keyboard would already have it

*blocks your path*

Attached: 61LdTUNvj6L._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 31K)

Does anyone here actually use one of these? I like the look of it, but I'm curious about how good it is with day to day usage.

I had one for first android phone. Loved it but the screen fell off two months in.

Chrooma Keyboard
Changes colors depending on the app you're using and has a great text selection, copying, cutting and pasting function.

Based and redpilled

Attached: Screenshot_20190402-213022_Clover.png (1080x2160, 201K)

Droid 5 fucking WHEN

Alright Jow Forums, I still use "Swype" on Android because I got in the Beta like a decade ago and for some reason never switched since.
Am I a brainlet? Has it been far surpassed? What's good now? I really like some of the Swype features like the shortcuts for select all, cut and paste.

Attached: 1454092471383.gif (371x500, 2.13M)

Too bad AnySoftKeyboard does not support Japanese.

AnySoftKeyboard is 10 times better. Level up.

>best
This depends greatly on your metric for what makes a good keyboard.
If you're looking purely for the best functional keyboard, then I haven't used one better than google keyboard. It's really bloated now compared to a few years ago, but it really is a great keyboard.
If you only want to use a FOSS keyboard though, then I'd recommend AOSP. It's very similar to Gboard although it has less features, most noticeably it has no swipe (the libraries required for swipe are non free and require google play services, but AOSP can make use of the libraries if they are present on your phone).

>any answer except swiftkey
apex kek

Bruh. Use SwiftKey or Simple Keyboard. Swype lmao nigga you still on Jelly Bean?

I just get accustomed in my ways, you know?
Do either SwiftKey or Simple have shortcuts like Swype does? Select All, Cut, and Paste shortcuts through swyping are immensely useful.
In what ways are they better?

retarded peasant can't handle more than one language

>What's the best Android keyboard?
Fxtec Pro 1

See

>MessageEase
this

there is learning curve but it's super efficient and comfy. If anyone gets ahold of your phone they won't know how to use it and you'll get lots of hatred from triggered mactards

Attached: blowhorn.jpg (315x404, 24K)

wow this might be the most retarded thing I've seen today

>comfy
go be 12 somewhere else

Pls explain to me: why do you give up all your privacy by using spyware keyboards? I don't get it. Really. Is this some command 30 yo doomer thing?

Why doesn't "the best keyboard" also consider privacy?

Multiling-O keyboard is the arch of keyboards
>can rice the fuck out of it, i.e. supports theming within the app, transparent backgrounds, wallpapers
>fully supports custom key layouts, can change any key to be anywhere and also change the long press function
>swipe support
>clipboard controls
>multiple language support with spacebar swipe for changing languages
>multiple layout support, also accessed with spacebar swipe
>supports skipped letters, so you can type 'ddctd' and it suggests 'dedicated' or 'lngg' for 'language.' will work with any words in its dictionary
and just like arch it's actually cancer to rice it how you want. as far as what about the actual keyboard sucks, the autocorrect is not very good desu but I don't mistype much

>he arch of keyboards
constantly breaks and needs lots of maintenance?

no thanks

Mobile physical keybaords suck major balls compared to good swiping tbqhf.

Convenience, I guess. I didn't really think about it at first, so Google knows I call people niggers and faggots on Jow Forums. Oops.

that's actually more or less what I meant, and is why I used the comparison to arch
>t. brainlet who installed arch for a month and went back to mint when it broke
I liked the ricing, though. I can deal with the keyboard being shit because 'breaks' amount to it crashing about once a week during use. just tap the text field and it reopens after a few seconds

I remember awhile ago (like, years) some meme startup was trying to make a new mobile keyboard that used swiping on a circle with the idea being as you got more used to it the circle could be smaller or nonexistent. ANyone know what the fuck I'm talking about?

>t.

Hacker keyboard, you can alter it in many ways. Using it on the fire 10 is much much better than the stock one.

based fire 10
g-droid + fennec + newpipe, how is it possible to be so blessed

Thing is, it isn't that simple. Even only based on sine search results, Google AI can predict your future and past. If you allow Google to log your stuff for a while, it can predict when you will be where, what you will ask for, who you will meet, how long you will meet, etc. And since PRISM and data leaks it's not like that all this information will simply stay at some server. I mean, man, back in the day we called these things 'keyloggers' and it was common sense to have programs that remove these spyware programs from your computer. Today you have to deal with things like this: androidauthority.com/swiftkey-suspends-service-data-leak-706680/ nowsecure.com/blog/2015/06/16/samsung-keyboard-security-risk-disclosed-600m-devices-worldwide-impacted/ etc. endless reports and when you use Aurora Store, which implements Exodus ( exodus-privacy.eu.org/ ), and you see all the trackers for a keyboard (sometimes more than 20!) - there should be a point, somehow, that convinced you yo use a FLOSS keyboard that doesn't ask for internet.

This.

I stopped using it after I realized this fact, user. Now I'm looking for a phone I can run without GAPPS. And I'm trying to leave this place because it requires Google's dick to be in your anus.

Blackberry keyboard

Attached: Screenshot_Clover_20190402-233111.png (1080x1920, 166K)

remove key borders you brainlet

>he doesn't know English is 3rd place in most spoken languages
Spanish and Chinese would be more important, amigo

Attached: World's Most Spoken Languages.jpg (960x684, 79K)

that's entirely too busy
clean that shit up

This is what peak performance looks like.

a fucking mess?

>first-language
Irrelevant. First-language is cultural. What matters is how many people speak a language total, and in that case English reigns supreme, and should be the first language you learn if you don't speak it natively (unless your native language is literally who tier and you need your nations business language more than a luxury language). If you do speak English, than the ideal second language depends on what you want, as you already know the literal most important language. If you live in America and just want something convenient, than you want to learn Spanish. Obviously if you're just interested in a specific language or culture, you should learn their language. If you want the language most likely to be beneficial in industry, Mandarin is a good bet, although languages like Russian, Japanese, or Hindi are also relatively safe bets, as speakers of those languages are generally homogenous and less likely to know working English than say a European.

I have the default android keyboard with dark theme and no autocorrect. Idk if that's Gboard.

>swiftkey
>using an actual keylogger

Attached: 1549259254529.jpg (642x1237, 104K)

I personally use SwiftKey in combination with the Xposed module Exi for SwiftKey, with all internet access denied thanks to AFwall+. It does the job...

Attached: Forest for the trees.jpg (1000x676, 550K)

you could just use a keyboard that respects you

Aye, it's a nice device for the money. Screen has a good DPI.
Paid over 5 months too, which was handy.
>g-droid + fennec + newpipe, how is it possible to be so blessed
I'll be checking these out too, thanks.

Stupid fucking Gboard, doesn't let me change themes. It automatically changes back to the black one with blue enter key. REEE I want my all black keyboard

you could just use a keyboard that respects you

That's true, but I'm already using a pixel that's pozzed on the hardware level.

Okay but I disabled Gboard's ability to connect to the internet with Netguard so I don't see the problem.

are you sure that google, which basically own the system, doesn't have done way to bypass netguard?

I mean, until we get HDL files for all of our hardware and the complete software sources, there's no way to know for sure without constantly monitoring network activity and rf activity.

this one

Attached: screenshot.jpg (1080x2220, 433K)

GBoard